Do you think Brees will be cut after this season

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1zgpr9ia said:
How is Browner doing? I saw some Saints fans bitch about him saying he looked disinterested and playing poorly. Is that on him or the scheme?

Seattle has a pass rush, we do not.

Also, BB should not even be in zone coverage, like Rob Ryan is doing.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
IndyHawk":20mwjc9y said:
El Caliente":20mwjc9y said:
Glasgow Seahawk":20mwjc9y said:
How is Browner doing? I saw some Saints fans bitch about him saying he looked disinterested and playing poorly. Is that on him or the scheme?

A bit of both.
1) Nobody signs a 31 y/o cb to a 3 yr/ $15 mil contract, but we did. For $5 mil a season we could have probably gotten more help at wr, and the oppotunity cost is what fans bitch about more than Browner's play.

2) Browner, for who all his reputation, isn't a Pro Bowl cb. He is big, and he is slow. Rob Ryan doesn't know how to put him in a position to do well, and nobody in New Orleans is shocked by Ryan's ineptness. How that man has lasted so long in the league is beyond everyones comprehension.

A better coach to work under, and placed in better positions, I could see Browner being a better player, but right now, the Saints aren't doing much to help him, and in return he isn't doing much to help them.
I'd sure love to have BB back but not with that contract of course.I can't believe how stupid the Saints are with the cap.I mean you was already in cap hell and you go out and sign Jordan Cameron and BB.I wonder whats the punishment for being so far over the cap?Paul Allen could afford to do it lol.

They are under the cap. As is required but it's minimal. The penalty is that they are not going to be competitive for a few years. After all the hard decisions they had to make this year to get under. Next year will be even harder.