IMO, Pete will walk after this season

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
This team needs a rebuild and, IMO, Pete and his staff know it. Let's face it, we got a good 6 year run and it was great. But, great things do end, especially in the NFL. The whole group of starters are on the tail end of their careers, Sherman's done, Kam's done, Avril done, Bennett is looking done. IMO, Earl will ask for a trade and will get it. That leaves a big group that will need replaced this next season. Pete is 67 I believe and he knows rebuilding isn't done over night. IMO, no way he's going to spend the next several years rebuilding this team. I believe when the seasons over he will announce that's it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It would be the ideal time. He went all in this season to win with the signings of Richardson, Brown and so forth and still failed.

rossob

Reaction score
I don't believe for a second that Earl will demand a trade. Certainly not as long as Sherman plays and I think he will be back next season, just might not be as good anymore.
To the Pete part, he has 2 seasons left on his contract. I could see him go after this one, next year for sure if we underperform again.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He's at the age where I think this is his last coaching gig, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him take a job somewhere either in the NFL or NCAA working in a front office.

mistaowen

Reaction score
People seem to forget this defense when healthy was still playing at a top 5 level. I realize they're starting to get older but it's not like Richard Sherman was getting torched every game. I have high hopes a full off season of training will greatly improve Shaq's play. Who knows what Kam's future holds but McDougald has been a great signing. Get Malik's head right and back into football, sign Sheldon long term, and there's some really good young talent on the D-line with Frank Clark. Upgrading Wilhoite should be doable.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I think that you're wrong.

Pete will stay and accept the challenge of returning this team to greatness.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. Now is the ideal time for him to walk away. He knows time’s up for this awesome core group of guys, and now it’s time for most of them to move on, including Pete. He’s too old and set in his ways to go through another rebuild.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I'm just tired of the sloppy coached football teams that Pete Carroll coaches. Adapt or die

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We're probably providing so much entertainment to Rams fans with threads like these. We're so charitable.

ducks41468

Reaction score
The problem with Pete walking away is that he'll appoint Bevell/Cable/Richard as his successors. It'll be the worst of all worlds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It might just be time. He clearly has lost the team at this point. The acting like 5 year old whiney babies when they lose, the ridiculous amount of dumb penalties, and then pumping their chests out when they win. Enough already.

sutz

Reaction score
ducks41468":17t8177f said:
The problem with Pete walking away is that he'll appoint Bevell/Cable/Richard as his successors. It'll be the worst of all worlds.
It's not Game of Thrones. :34853_doh:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
ducks41468":23x6oenw said:

Paul Allen ultimately will be appointing the next head coach

Steve2222

Reaction score
ducks41468":c1dw0ccu said:

Too bad that's not Pete's decision in appointing the next head coach lol

ducks41468

Reaction score
sutz":2btz7344 said:
ducks41468":2btz7344 said:

In all likelihood if Pete leaves either Bevell becomes the new HC and Cable gets promoted to OC, or Cable becomes the new HC and Bevell remains OC. Richard will stay at DC. That's just the truth.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Steve2222":qftoq9h7 said:
ducks41468":qftoq9h7 said:

Too bad that's not Pete's decision in appointing the next head coach lol

It's not, but he will relay his trust in his coaches to ownership and given Pete's standing with the team his recommendation will likely be followed. He'd be walking away after what is likely a 9-7 season, not getting fired after a 5-11 season, so I doubt Allen sees any reason to not follow Pete's recommendation. He's not Jerry Jones.

sutz

Reaction score
ducks41468":1fkriot1 said:
sutz":1fkriot1 said:
ducks41468":1fkriot1 said:

In all likelihood if Pete leaves either Bevell becomes the new HC and Cable gets promoted to OC, or Cable becomes the new HC and Bevell remains OC. Richard will stay at DC. That's just the truth.
Time will tell. However, I reiterate, it's not a monarchy. :34853_doh: