Does Anybody Here Know

bestfightstory

Reaction score
If Thurmond will play Monday night?

I see people pontificating as if he will and won't.

You'd think we would have that piece of information available to us, by now.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to figure out if Browner is in fact going to get a suspension either. Read the tweet last night from him saying he wasn't but its still up on the four letter network.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2bsx7uc4 said:
I still haven't been able to figure out if Browner is in fact going to get a suspension either. Read the tweet last night from him saying he wasn't but its still up on the four letter network.

All the reports I have seen say 1 year ban on BB. :180670:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherman was interviewed over the weekend, and he said the team's ready for Thurmond to start his suspension now so he's back for the Rams game and the playoffs.

I'd say this answers your question.

Schadie001

Reaction score
He dropped his appeal, so no he will not play he is starting his suspension.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Thanks. That is for the best, IMO. He probably has plenty on his mind this week, as it is.

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to what I've read, the team will announce something on Thurmond today. If he wasn't dropping the appeal, then there would be no announcement, since they'd have to wait for the conclusion of the case. This tells me that it's 99% sure he's going to be officially suspended for the Saints game and scheduled back for the Rams game and the playoffs.

As far as browner is concerned, we were not likely to see him this season until the playoffs anyway, so he is free to appeal, but I wouldn't be surprised if we IR him while he does what he needs to do, to free up the roster space for someone who we can get groomed for the playoffs.

My prediction is we see Thurmond suspended for 4 weeks and Browner IR'd while he sorts his stuff out and then we bring Shead up from the PS and sign someone (I'd guess either Cox or Winfield) and then we have a little extra security in case of in game injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":32wx51gg said:
As far as browner is concerned, we were not likely to see him this season until the playoffs anyway, so he is free to appeal, but I wouldn't be surprised if we IR him while he does what he needs to do, to free up the roster space for someone who we can get groomed for the playoffs.

All the reports are saying that Browner has already appealed, and lost. That's why everything you've read says 12 month suspension.

I can't see any scenario that would give the league a reason to reduce the suspension.

Strike One: PED
Strike Two: PED
Strike Three: Weed and you're out BB, nice knowing you. Enjoy making 100k in the CFL next year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wyt8z1l said:
kidhawk":2wyt8z1l said:

All the reports are saying that Browner has already appealed, and lost. That's why everything you've read says 12 month suspension.

I can't see any scenario that would give the league a reason to reduce the suspension.

Strike Three: Weed and you're out BB, nice knowing you. Enjoy making 100k in the CFL next year.

I assume that the suspension will be official soon enough, but until it is announced, we can't know for sure what the league is going to do or when they are going to do it. They may announce it today or they may put it off due to something going on behind the scenes we aren't privy to. Either way, I think the organization has a better feel for it, and if they believe as we do, that the suspension is imminent, then they'd be wise to just put him on the IR and get him off the active roster so we can get someone into his active roster space ASAP.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think this is for the best for a LOT of reasons. We are already having a circus follow us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2zywf0bc said:
Sgt. Largent":2zywf0bc said:
kidhawk":2zywf0bc said:

I assume that the suspension will be official soon enough, but until it is announced, we can't know for sure what the league is going to do or when they are going to do it. They may announce it today or they may put it off due to something going on behind the scenes we aren't privy to. Either way, I think the organization has a better feel for it, and if they believe as we do, that the suspension is imminent, then they'd be wise to just put him on the IR and get him off the active roster so we can get someone into his active roster space ASAP.

Well everyone's reporting that we're about to sign Cox, so that tells me the NFL is handing down the official suspension today. Plus it's obvious that Pete and John have known about both suspensions for at least 2-3 weeks, which is why we've been working out all these corners.

Latest posts