Does anyone really think Clark will be traded

Seymour

Reaction score
2_0_6":3pery65s said:
Sgt. Largent":3pery65s said:
Taehwk":3pery65s said:
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.

I think the Jets offered a 2nd, but we said no.

Jets don't have a 2nd, they moved up for Darnold last year and this was part of the package.

They do have two 3rd rounders though.

Sold!!

Bye Frank!! :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":11vd18a2 said:
Sgt. Largent":11vd18a2 said:
Taehwk":11vd18a2 said:
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.

I think the Jets offered a 2nd, but we said no.

Jets don't have a 2nd, they moved up for Darnold last year and this was part of the package.

They do have two 3rd rounders though.

No wonder we didn't accept! Nice try Jets! So sneaky................

sdog1981

Reaction score
Everyone will try to get 5 years with a rookie pass rusher before they trade for Clark. You have to find a team that is willing to trade for and pay Clark. That combo drives his value down to a second rounder or a third rounder. The Seahawks know that if he walks next year they are going to get a third rounder for him. Basically, they are stuck.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jets get

Frank Clark
Pick #21

Seahawks get:

Pick #3
Pick #68

Make it happen

quadsas

Reaction score
Steve2222":3gu8jisu said:
Jets get

Frank Clark
Pick #21

Seahawks get:

Pick #3
Pick #68

Make it happen

They can take Penny as well

toffee

Reaction score
Steve2222":17qd2rjp said:
Jets get

Frank Clark
Pick #21

Seahawks get:

Pick #3
Pick #68

Make it happen

WHo will you take at #3? or trade that down to a first rounder plus 2nd and 3rd?

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't think he'll be trade. I think "they lied" meant that they said they would take care of Russ first and him second.. Then his agent came knocking and they said "not yet".

Which is a lie, but probably not meaning they are ultimately trading him.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I think Clark gets traded to the NYJets. I know this draft is loaded with Edge rushers, but they offered Anthony Barr a contract before he resigned w/MINN...for less money.

I can see the NY Jets trade down multiple times collecting additional picks and packaging them to Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
lukerguy":o7u0v7h4 said:
I don't think he'll be trade. I think "they lied" meant that they said they would take care of Russ first and him second.. Then his agent came knocking and they said "not yet".

"They lied" had nothing to do with football and was about some family member information given from what I heard.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":3nuhua6q said:
lukerguy":3nuhua6q said:

"They lied" had nothing to do with football and was about some family member information given from what I heard.

That actually made more sense, otherwise, why would he be talking about? Schneider told him that Hawks wouldn't be signing Russ before him? or Hawks won't spend too much on Russ just so that Hawks can sign him? None of that made any sense at all.

sdog1981

Reaction score
quadsas":3uckyfvy said:

That would be a foolish move. Why give up on a 23-year-old player with 4 years of cheap contracts?

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3n2h6d8e said:
Maulbert":3n2h6d8e said:
Northwest Seahawk":3n2h6d8e said:
I do not.. Seatte will certainly be in the playoff picture trading Clark would make a playoff run more difficult. That's point one. Second with an impending new contract to be worked out the possibility of getting fair value for him would be unlikely. Someone would really have to give up a lot certainly a first round pick and somewhere around pick 15 to be worth it for Seattle.

No, but considering you also thought Wilson would demand $45 million a year and run out of town, I question anything you put stock in.

Agree. Except I say yes, they will trade Clark. I'd take as little as an early 2nd and 4th or 5th. We can turn that 18-20M into filling more holes than we created IMO.

Trade Clark for a second round pick not smart and won't happen i'm glad your not running the Seahawks.

quadsas

Reaction score
sdog1981":3o0uoacx said:
quadsas":3o0uoacx said:

That would be a foolish move. Why give up on a 23-year-old player with 4 years of cheap contracts?

Cause Jets would never take that deal?

Edit: oh and you know, Penny is not a good player

Jville

Reaction score
quadsas":1s8jfv2m said:
sdog1981":1s8jfv2m said:
quadsas":1s8jfv2m said:

Cause Jets would never take that deal?

Edit: oh and you know, Penny is not a good player

If you want to start a thread on Penny, feel free to start one. But, lets refrain from hijacking this Clark thread.

"The Smack Shack" is the place to throw smack back and forth.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
quadsas":3r6zlr9p said:
Steve2222":3r6zlr9p said:
Jets get

Frank Clark
Pick #21

Seahawks get:

Pick #3
Pick #68

Make it happen

Does Penny owe you money or something? Cause you seem to really dislike him for some reason, like almost on a personal level.

Jville

Reaction score
Quotes from tonight's Ben's Fund charity event for autism ................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1119072393543077888[/tweet]

bradhawk69

Reaction score
I don't understand why there is so much consternation about signing our stars. JS has already said that he can resign RW, FC, BW and Reed. He has stated that they can figure the "puzzle" like they did with the LOB and resign them all. 2020 salary cap puts Hawks in top three with money to spend. To trade Clark, a 25-26 year old edge rusher with more sacks than D-Lawrence in the last 3 years for an unknown quantity is just beneath the Hawk's front office and stupid to boot. Have some faith, Hawks making a push for the SB and yearly, is the plan. Next big signing, Clark will anchor the line for the next 4-5 years with at least two SB's in that time span. Go Hawks!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Couldnt JS just tag Clark and sign him next year after restructuring some contracts? If they sign Wagner to a longer deal this year they could rehash it next year couldnt they?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The price would need to be very right for a trade to happen. All in all given the market, I’m doubtful.

The team certainly would consider offers and it’s fun to speculate. It sure would be interesting for an opportunity to acquire a very early pick in a market where that pick might allow the acquisition of a game changing player at a position of need.

Latest posts