Does Frank Clark even dress for games anymore

Polk738

Reaction score
after watching him in the preseason I thought for sure he'd be a full-time starter somewhere in that lineup.

Tical21

Reaction score
He's getting snaps. I've gone back and watched him in 3-4 games now, and he usually just doesn't do much when he gets in there. He tries to shoot the gap and if he can't do it, he hasn't shown a ton of ability go shake off blocks. He plays a little pat-a-cake in there. Irvin has been pretty unimpressive at LEO on passing downs, so I'm a little surprised Clark hasn't gotten more looks on 3rd down, but he largely has been invisible because he has been handled pretty easily thus far.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
He is a rookie and is still learning. It took Jordan Hill half the year to become a disruptive force, Clark will be no different. Everybody has talent in this league, his ability to master technique will decide his prowess. Clark has a high ceiling but his potential will not be reached unless he masters the fundamentals which takes time.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
olyfan63":1i7jvn2n said:
I'm happy with what I've seen from Clark. (Check my sig...) Clark does mostly excellent when he is in. It really is a case of Clark being behind Bennett and Avril, both of whom are playing lights out.

The one glitch was that is it was Clark who got fooled by the AZ draw play last Sunday for the Cardinals' game-clinching TD.

I would like to see Clark rotated in more for Bennett or Avril in the middle of a long opponent drive, once our guys start to get gassed. I think our DC Richard is screwing up by not using Clark more in rotation. Quinn seemed to rotate D-Line guys more/better.

I agree wholeheartedly...I really believe this kid is going to be amazing for the Hawks in the coming years, but it would be nice to see him get more reps.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, I say Clark needs the reps to get the experience and get on the road to becoming a savvy veteran.

Seafan

Reaction score
kearly":32pplow6 said:
Scottemojo":32pplow6 said:
At 56 seconds left in the 2nd qtr, he deposits Staley in the QBS lap.
It was an incredible display of power.

Pass rushers, yes even those that flash so much in preseason, take time. By next year he should be even stronger. Developing some moves to go with that power will take a little time, but he will be a force.

I think his future is ultimately as a full time 3 tech. He won't be there this year and might not be there next year, but I think it's where he'll be eventually. Guys like Aaron Donald prove that special athletes can dominate at DT even if being well under 300 pounds (NFL.com has Donald at 284, Clark is listed at 272). And guys like Gerald McCoy have shown that elite run defense at the 3 tech spot can matter as much as being a good pass rusher.

Clark destroys zone blocking in the run game, and has the power to collapse the pocket. He has a very quick first step. His toolkit screams 3 tech, and his weight potential is in range to make a permanent move inside feasible after some offseason training.

Frank Clark reminds me of Cory Redding, and Redding has long been a good player. When Seattle tried to make Redding into an edge rusher it didn't work, but when Redding played inside over his career he's been an above average player. Redding is a nice player, and I think Clark is more talented than Redding is.

I said this is preseason. I wish they would play him there a lot more than they are right now. Rubin is just ok. IMO Clark would really juice up the pressure.

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders here are his snap counts on the year

Rams Week 1 - 16 Def (27%) / 1 ST (3%) LOSS

Packers Week 2 - 17 Def (24%) LOSS

Bears Week 3 - 20 Def (43%) WIN

Lions Week 4 - 17 Def (30%) WIN

Bengals Week 5 - 26 Def (31%) / 2 ST (6%) LOSS

Panthers Week 6 - 0% LOSS

Niners Week 7 - 21 Def (46%) / 1 ST (4%) WIN

Cowboys Week 8 - 22 Def (37%) WIN

Week 9 - BYE

Cardinals Week 10 - 16 Def (18%) LOSS

Niners Week 11 - 16 Def (18%) WIN

Steelers Week 12 - 22 Def (42%) WIN

Decimation

Reaction score
My adopt a rookie at it again! 2 sacks already in the first quarter!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Frank showed up in a big way today.

Rob12

Reaction score
Atradees":26n4fh69 said:
Is he a starting tackle now? Avril, bennett, Clark and mebane?

Seemed that way. Wondering if he took Rubin's job?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Atradees":yh7k0k46 said:
Is he a starting tackle now? Avril, bennett, Clark and mebane?

Jordan Hill and Dobbs were out so Clark got some of their reps.