Does Walsh...

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He had one job and he sucked at it. Too bad our dopes who run this team couldn’t recognize that after the last two seasons. This 9-7 turdbagle season is on them more than on him.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Screw Walsh. Has there ever been a single player who has cost a team a playoff spot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This doesn't even deserve a thread. It's Walsh. I'm sure it sucks to be that guy right now, honestly. He won't even be able to get a job so just let it die. No need to slap his head and rub his nose in it. He'll retire because he won't have a choice.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hqncip51 said:
Doubtful he’s reading .Net so probably ok.
OK well then DIE IN A FIRE AND BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ENTERNITY, BLAIR SATAN WALSH OF THE NETHERREALM!!!!!!

There....[shrugs], makes no difference.

EDIT: Except that it sound completely horrible and I didn't mean it.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hope he saved his millions. The gravy train is over.

wideleft.jpg

eternalpurple

Reaction score
As a Vikings fan I usually don't post on other fans boards but in this case I can honestly tell you I know just how you feel.
Except it happen to us on a freezing cold day in a playoff game. Many times coaches( not just Pete Carroll) want to show other coaches up by taking players they let go and turning them into stars. This one blew up in Pete's face.

You guys have a great team and organization and you will come out swinging next year and be right back in the thick of things. By the way if you are feeling down right now think of this.

I am 62 years old and I have been a Viking fan sense grade school and I have no idea how it feels to win a SB. Your team has taken you to the mountain top...Be proud of that, Take care

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
eternalpurple":2050rzu1 said:
As a Vikings fan I usually don't post on other fans boards but in this case I can honestly tell you I know just how you feel.
Except it happen to us on a freezing cold day in a playoff game. Many times coaches( not just Pete Carroll) want to show other coaches up by taking players they let go and turning them into stars. This one blew up in Pete's face.

You guys have a great team and organization and you will come out swinging next year and be right back in the thick of things. By the way if you are feeling down right now think of this.

I am 62 years old and I have been a Viking fan sense grade school and I have no idea how it feels to win a SB. Your team has taken you to the mountain top...Be proud of that, Take care
Appreciate it. Good luck to your Vikings. I believe if there is any year to win the Super Bowl if your a Vikings fan, would be this year with the Super Bowl in Minnesota.

The Vikings has all the pieces this year!

Definitely, get it done this year or the team will regret it!

Trust us, we're Seahawks fans, and there are definitely a play(s) we regret....

But, just my opinion, Seattle has a lot of front office issues that will be difficult to overcome.

We'll see.

Good luck to your Vikings, I will be cheering for them also.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Bringing Walsh into the Seahawks lineup is one of the worst acquisitions I can recall in the history of the franchise. We had plenty of problems to go around this year, but had Walsh been able to do what we're paying him the big bucks to do, which is to kick a football between the goal post with some consistency, we wouldn't, have had any trouble getting into the playoffs in 2017-2018.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall at least 4 games, maybe 5, including tonight's game, where Walsh missed almost every game winning, must have, field goals, and extra points, we needed them to win. It didn't take a psychic to know today, when they sent him out to kick the game winning field goal, that he was going to do what he always does when its important, and that is miss.

When I saw them send Walsh out, I thought to myself, what a fitting end to this season, we were already left dead in the water when the Panthers failed to seal the deal for us with the Falcons, and then they send Walsh out to, seal the fate of the Seahawks season, and hopefully his own. Of all the changes that will be made in the offseason, I sincerely hope that a new kicker is in the works.

There are a lot of changes coming in the Emerald City in this offseason, thank God, Pete Carroll won't be one of those changes. I'm glad to put this season behind us, and I find myself, being even more excited about the offseason, and all the prospects of change that are sure to come. If you really want to make a difference, hang around in the offseason and stay involved in discussions about the prospective changes as they occur.

This forum does get read, and we do have a number of thoughtful and knowledgeable contributors. Its no coincidence that many of the changes implemented on the field, are implemented after they were raised and discussed, ad nauseum in some instances, LOL, here in Seahawks.net. I'm not saying that management makes all their decisions based on what's discussed here. I am saying that what we have to say collectively in this venue, does play a part of their overall consideration processes.

It is my intention to remain active here in this offseason and to add whatever I can to these conversations. I don't feel like I have any right to bitch about changes, or non-change for that matter, if I didn't contribute to those thought processes when they mattered.
Go Seahawks!

mikeak

Reaction score
Here is the issue to me though

1) Walsh cost us a playoff game - 100% fact. We are a 12 win team without him. He affected the whole philosophy within 30 yards (maybe why we finally figured out how to score in the redzone....)

2) This team loses in the first playoff game and has a TON of issues that aren't because of Walsh

original poster

Reaction score
eternalpurple":20z2phj9 said:

Thanks for popping by .2thumbs:

Absolute best of luck in the playoffs!

hawk45

Reaction score
I bear Walsh no ill will he was always one miss away from a straitjacket.

Pete is the one with egg on his face and deservedly so. What on earth he could have been thinking with this signing I can't fathom. Take a bow Pete.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bobblehead":154620ko said:
It's not his fault, he's a bad kicker with major mental issues. PC, JS knows this, they knew it when they signed him. Walsh did the best he could, how can you fault that.

I'm going to agree. Again and again we have this ego that we can turn another mans trash into our treasure. We've seen this on oline with Sowell, Webb, Joeckel...ect. We've seen this at RB with Lacy, Davis, and several UDFA. We've seen this at CB with Williams for 3 years $18M, and now kicker with known issues on a team that is poor in the red zone. Pete made this choice, and Walsh is still what we knew he was.

If this team would just cut back on the reaches of known issue (red flag) type players (McDowell, Simon, Carp, Ifedi, Lacy, Joeckel, Walsh....on and on), then we would not be in the crappy position of more needs than draft picks once again.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if we still had Haushka most likely Seahawks go 12-4 this year

crazy but true.

Threedee

Reaction score
Any chance we sign Roberto Aguayo next season to try and resurrect his young career? Obviously we failed Walsh, but perhaps we can save Roberto! It would give us another ST distraction from the usual Bevell crapshow.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Tusc2000":uhmtri6q said:
I don't blame Walsh. I blame the guy that hired him.

I blame the idiots that had 2:00 left in the game and the ball on the Cards' 30 ... and ran the clock out with 3 plays designed to go nowhere ... so our unreliable kicker could try a freaking 48 yard FG in less than optimal conditions.

So the coaches put their faith in the same kicker who didn't have the leg to pull off a 51 yard FG to tie the Falcons at the end of regulation ....

Brilliant. Just freaking brilliant.

Walsh made a 49 yarder with ease in the same game.

The plays leading up to the field goal were awful but as an NFL kicker you need to hit the majority under 50 and he did not

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Seymour":3m276xuq said:
Bobblehead":3m276xuq said:
It's not his fault, he's a bad kicker with major mental issues. PC, JS knows this, they knew it when they signed him. Walsh did the best he could, how can you fault that.

I'm going to agree. Again and again we have this ego that we can turn another mans trash into our treasure. We've seen this on oline with Sowell, Webb, Joeckel...ect. We've seen this at RB with Lacy, Davis, and several UDFA. We've seen this at CB with Williams for 3 years $18M, and now kicker with known issues on a team that is poor in the red zone. Pete made this choice, and Walsh is still what we knew he was.

If this team would just cut back on the reaches of known issue (red flag) type players (McDowell, Simon, Carp, Ifedi, Lacy, Joeckel, Walsh....on and on), then we would not be in the crappy position of more needs than draft picks once again.

You are cherry picking.

I would say Dion Jordan and Byron Maxwell are reclamation projects that went extremely well.

Win some lose some but I wish we went for reclamation projects for depth like the former rather than starters like Webb and Walsh