Does Walsh...

potatohead

Reaction score
mikeak":2yk1bmjx said:
Here is the issue to me though

1) Walsh cost us a playoff game - 100% fact. We are a 12 win team without him. He affected the whole philosophy within 30 yards (maybe why we finally figured out how to score in the redzone....)

2) This team loses in the first playoff game and has a TON of issues that aren't because of Walsh

I will agree with this, 100%.

He lost the Washington game. The AZ and ATL games are not on him, but he could have stolen one or both of them, sure. People seem to forget the kick at the end of the ATL game wasn't for the win, it was just to go to OT. In any one of those three games there were still several other factors that could have/should have led to a win, regardless of the kicker.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
he he he

Attachments

• Blair Walsh project.jpg
    Blair Walsh project.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,874

Boycie

Reaction score
mikeak":10db9dir said:
Here is the issue to me though

1) Walsh cost us a playoff game - 100% fact. We are a 12 win team without him. He affected the whole philosophy within 30 yards (maybe why we finally figured out how to score in the redzone....)

2) This team loses in the first playoff game and has a TON of issues that aren't because of Walsh

He also won us one too :stirthepot:

jmahon316

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Win as a team, lose as a team. Now the Cards game, he flat out blew it.
Missed 3 vs. the Skins, but the D also gave up that quick TD to lose it, so they also contributed.
Missed long FG vs. Atlanta was a tough one, but the D wasn't exactly lighting it up. Add that to zero running game, first halves of games where the Offense looked like they were sleepwalking, a painful amount of stupid penalties, and there is plenty of blame to go around.
12-4, not this team, even with Haush. Who, people forget was really bad last year.
Oh well, incredibly stupid move by the front office to sign him and Lacy. As much as I'd like to make excuses and blame one guy, this team had MANY problems thru the entire season that contributed to the 9-7 record.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hauschka wasn't really bad last year. Not even close to Walsh. Still agree we wouldn't hit 12-4 with Stephen

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He had 5 blocked extra points. Missed a game winner at Arizona etc. Seems to have a very low angle on his kicks as well. Not to mention, didn't exactly drill the ball on kickoffs to create more touchbacks.

potatohead

Reaction score
adeltaY":axdgtndk said:
Hauschka wasn't really bad last year. Not even close to Walsh. Still agree we wouldn't hit 12-4 with Stephen

If I remember correctly Hauschka only missed one or two FG (AZ debacle) but missed five or six extra points.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it just was a crazy year. Sure the snaps or holds could be part of it, but it doesn't explain all the low kicks. Or the game winner missed at AZ. Hindsight, obviously it would have been better to keep him. But what $ he was asking, the team flat out didn't have it.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gubtzrb said:
Yeah, it just was a crazy year. Sure the snaps or holds could be part of it, but it doesn't explain all the low kicks. Or the game winner missed at AZ. Hindsight, obviously it would have been better to keep him. But what $ he was asking, the team flat out didn't have it.

They didn't? He signed for $2.95M and Walsh $1.1M

They saved $1.85M per season by signing Walsh over Hauschka.....then 1 month later we signed Lacy to $2.8M guaranteed + many bonuses just to keep off China food. :shock:

There are many examples of ways they could have signed Hauschka.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11243i9e said:
That China Food $ certainly could have helped sign a real kicker that's for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad at least some people still can find a reason to laugh during tough times. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When he missed on Sunday, that look on my wife's face, glad it wasn't for me :lol:

And I said "of course he missed"
Wasn't even 2 percent shocked he missed it.

Jville

Reaction score
The 2017 season is now in the rear view mirror.

Building a 90 man roster for 2018 continues.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/948676584634011648[/tweet]