Don’t you think we need someone to be PC’s boss?

BASF

Reaction score
AgentDib":2wpa7lei said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2wpa7lei said:
Here’s how it’ll play out next years16 games. First half no offense. Third quarter, something. Fourth quarter 3 tds. Game over. Close game.
You may find our splits by quarter under Pete Carroll interesting.

Seahawks Splits

We're a little more conservative in the first quarter with a much lower amount of interceptions. Our passing volume is actually highest in the second quarter along with the interception and sack highs. We have the most rushing attempts in the 4th quarter when we tend to have a lead and are trying to run out the clock.

It is interesting how several divisional round playoff games seem to follow this pattern and suddenly it happens to us during the regular season apparently for 16 games. Here's the thing though, each of those games were on the road against a better team (we were not favored in any of the games, and I honestly want to know who was smoking what when our line against the 15-1 Panthers ended up so close in 2016's game) that had two weeks of rest and preparation for our defensive scheme that most teams know how to attack since the modifications of it have been small. The question and observation should be, why are we always giving up three scores in the first half against these superior teams that have had two weeks to prepare for us? However, modern fans do not think this way, because they have been conditioned by the NFL's rules and marketing that scoring points is so much easier than it actually is.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Seafan":1ktk3bas said:
Joyodongo":1ktk3bas said:
What I want is to fix the fixable issues.

Injuries, illnesses and suspensions are generally not fixable issues.

That's probably why he specified fixable.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Some of the most successful head coaches in the history of sports have seen their success as a result of autonomy. So no, I don't think Pete needs someone looking over his shoulder micromanaging his job.

BASF

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2m70js1i said:
BASF it looks like Wilson is a better producer the more he gets sacked!
Maybe we don't need to worry so much about our O Line?
Just kidding. Point is while I'm a numbers guy, number don't always tell the whole story.

Absolutely agreed. My point is that ninety percent of the posts in here nowadays seem to be from fantasy fans that only want more points scored and earlier. The defense is the issue.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The best owners and team presidents are the one's who trust in their GM and HC hires, then get the hell out of the way.

The one's like Jerry Jones and Al Davis who think they know better with on field dynamics like scheme, drafting, philosophy and playcalling are the ones who meddle, undermine and poison the entire organization with that sort of dysfunction.

So no, no one needs to be Pete's boss. He and Schneider have arguably the best GM/HC relationship in the entire NFL.

Sure some of his time management, scheme and playcalling leave something to be desired at times.........but his expertise, experience and insane success record for the better part of going on 30 years speaks for itself.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3to69spn said:
The best owners and team presidents are the one's who trust in their GM and HC hires, then get the hell out of the way.

The one's like Jerry Jones and Al Davis who think they know better with on field dynamics like scheme, drafting, philosophy and playcalling are the ones who meddle, undermine and poison the entire organization with that sort of dysfunction.

So no, no one needs to be Pete's boss. He and Schneider have arguably the best GM/HC relationship in the entire NFL.

Sure some of his time management, scheme and playcalling leave something to be desired at times.........but his expertise, experience and insane success record for the better part of going on 30 years speaks for itself.
In fairness, Al Davis did know better than most until the alcohol took it's toll on him later in his life (I have no proof, just a gut feeling..might've just been age). He was a brilliant football mind through at least late middle age.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The last thing any head coach needs is amateurish advice from a nominal boss. If you want to know what this sort of dysfunctional organization looks like, see the Dallas Cowboys and their meddling owner. Their most recent Super Bowl visit was 25 years ago.

No, Pete does not need a boss.

sutz

Reaction score
Pete has a boss, and she's smart enough to not mess with direct football operations. She leaves that to Pete & John.

;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1xwednnd said:
Sgt. Largent":1xwednnd said:

In fairness, Al Davis did know better than most until the alcohol took it's toll on him later in his life (I have no proof, just a gut feeling..might've just been age). He was a brilliant football mind through at least late middle age.

Maybe early on in the 60's and 70's, but by the time Davis died he had meddled the Raiders into obscurity......just as Jones is doing now.

I'll give Davis all the credit in the world for being an innovator, marketer and helping the NFL become the biggest sport in the country.

Point being, no HC is perfect, so to think Pete needs someone above him forcing his hand with scheme, playcalling and philosophies would not go over well...........in fact it'd lead to Pete quitting because that's not why he came here...........he came here because Allen promised him full control and autonomy.

So you want a boss for Pete, then you don't want Pete.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If I was a majority owner or team president of an NFL team (or any sports team), I'd get the best people I could in the GM and HC jobs and let them do their thing. If it didn't work out over time, I'd find new people. It would be totally fine to talk about general philosophy and how it relates to the team, but interfering with operations is stupid.

And that really translates to regular life too; when you're in a position of responsibility/ownership you make sure people that work down your chain are able to do their jobs without micro-managing. Even if you're an expert, you try to help people out but you let them do their own thing.

mrblitz

Reaction score
people have it right when they say, we just needed a better defense last year. everything else would have fallen into place. pete is ok. just let pete be pete.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xzaos13 said:
Maybe early on in the 60's and 70's, but by the time Davis died he had meddled the Raiders into obscurity......just as Jones is doing now.
You reckon it was Davis' influence back than and not the fact their head coach was John Madden?

chris98251

Reaction score
Davis was innovative and a football Genius and talent evaluator well into the early 80's, rule changes and his war with the league eventually took it's toll on him, he won more battles with the league then anyone and then it almost became a family feud for years with Roselle and then Tagliabue. The AFL and NFL merger was very much due to him being the AFL commissioner and owner of the Raiders also.

He was a Coach, Owner, Commissioner, and World Champion, pretty good resume.