Don't fire Darrell Bevell.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Last years Super Bowl blame is only on him. WOW. Some people really need someone to blame. It was a team loss. They didn't do it as a team. I guess if a ref made a bad call at the end then it would have been refs fault instead of our play? I guess the Ref WON it for us in the "fail Mary" game. I guess the Ref won it for us in the Detroit game this year?

With that said I don't think Bevell is a godsend but I feel he is now playing where we should be all along. Like others have said without ML and Graham he is more free to do what he wants. Only time will tell if the past two games are an anomaly or the new way going forward. It is odd how without 2 of our best 3 weapons on offense we are playing our best ball!

razor150

Reaction score
If you say your OC can't incorporate top level talent into his offense, then there is something wrong with the OC. Our offense shouldn't have been so predictable with Harvin, and should have been more dynamic. No matter what Harvin is as a person, our Offense should have been better, but it wasn't because our OC couldn't use him in a way that didn't scream the play we were running before hand.

It took Bevell 10 weeks to change the offense to compensate for a poor oline. 10 weeks. Sure the oline has improved now that we changed center, but the play calling is different with more quick developing plays instead of the slow developing ones that were getting Wilson killed.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I see some folks are doubling down on the OC hate even as they witness the offense trend to Top 3 in the league. Look around the NFL folks, no offense has been flawless this year - none. We've tweaked and tweaked and tweaked. Results always the same - a top NFL offense every single year from 2012 onward. Every team has work to do each year. Which ones actually end up getting it right? Very few, except us.

It's okay to like your team's own staff and enjoy their success. Unclench your teeth, and let Bevell shine.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":zmzjhuh8 said:
I see some folks are doubling down on the OC hate even as they witness the offense become Top 3 in the league. Look around the NFL folks, no offense has been flawless this year - none. We've tweaked and tweaked and tweaked. Results always the same - a top NFL offense every single year from 2012 onward.

It's okay to like your team's own staff and enjoy their success. Unclench your teeth.
I don't know who you are referring to, me perhaps. Oh well.

I think the observations about moving to a spread the last few weeks are spot on, and I think that if this offensive success continues some other team will hire Bevell to be a HC. Which would still leave us needing a new OC.