Don't Lose Sight...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's plenty of young talent that will be the staples of this next generation of the Seahawks. Sure, there's plenty to debate, to wonder and worry about but don't lose sight that this is legit the best draft we have had in YEARS. Even Cross played way below his ability tonight. Not worried. Give these young bucks time.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ya. That's the point of the season for me. There's going to be some ugly games this year. For sure. But I expect some things to come together over the course of the season, The Dbs. The pass rush. The o-line.

Man, I hope Lewis's injury isn't too bad. He's a bright spot on the roster, even with the sophomore slump.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agree. Its a rebuild and looking at the Win/Loss record imo is kind of pointless at least this year. Its about development or seeing who belongs and who doesn't. I think fans have just been accustom to thinking this team was a contender every year...which honestly in the last several years they weren't and more a product of hype. Obviously the team has a lot of work to do but by seasons end I hope that some of these guys here show the potential we all hope they possess.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think as fans we've been overly spoiled and the bars been raised with all the success over the years. I guess it's being a homer fan in me personally to expect overnight success with this new group of players and I have to learn to suck it up when my expectations aren't being met. We do have some really good talent on our team, however; they are playing at a new level and it will take some time to adjust to their new climate in the NFL. The only one I can't give a pass to is Geno, yes, it's just one game but come on, you've got to move the ball and at least get your team within field goal range.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
You say that, but you and I both know the second Seattle gets swept by SF, EVERYONE will be calling for Pete Carroll's head on a stake.

There's going to be some things fans that weren't there from the beginning are going to have to get used to, and that's going to be a VERY bitter pill for them to swallow as part of the rebuild.

Hawknight

Reaction score
You say that, but you and I both know the second Seattle gets swept by SF, EVERYONE will be calling for Pete Carroll's head on a stake.

There's going to be some things fans that weren't there from the beginning are going to have to get used to, and that's going to be a VERY bitter pill for them to swallow as part of the rebuild.
Even before that I expect when Russ has his way in Game 1 :rolleyes:

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Even before that I expect when Russ has his way in Game 1 :rolleyes:

True, if there ever was a game that's being hyped as an equivalent of a Super Bowl this year, week 1 would be it.

But yeah, I was more thinking as part of the rebuild, folks are going to have to get used to the fact that wins they took for granted against old rivals...might not be gimmes for a while.

It’s also about getting rid of Pete.

On the other hand, the division rivals could just decide to troll, play down to their level of competition, and keep games looking competitive to make Pete look just competent enough to keep his job for another season. Not saying that'd happen in reality, but you never know...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will say I tend to agree with this local sports personality...

"August is no time to press the panic button." - Stacy Rost

seabowl

Reaction score
Without a decent qb this is a write-off season. That’s the fact

notyou

Reaction score
I will say I tend to agree with this local sports personality...

"August is no time to press the panic button." - Stacy Rost
Stacy is one of the most annoying people on the radio next to Gee Scott but I will at least half agree with her here.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't half agree, I fully agree. In all the years I've watched the NFL, I cannot recall a single year where August meant anything.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Stacy is one of the most annoying people on the radio next to Gee Scott but I will at least half agree with her here.
Total aside but am I the only one who likes Gee? Y'all are always hating on Gee.

notyou

Reaction score
Total aside but am I the only one who likes Gee? Y'all are always hating on Gee.
Bruh are you sure bruh bruh bruh bruh that you bruh like him bruh?
If you've ever heard Gee talk, you know what I'm saying. He's very annoying bruh.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't half agree, I fully agree. In all the years I've watched the NFL, I cannot recall a single year where August meant anything.

In the early years, it was a barometer for the quality of our depth. And back then, our depth was very good, top to bottom. But those were the days before we had to pay premium money for premium players. And those depth players were dealing in a simple system that the NFL hadn't yet figured out.

This year, we have less depth and a system players are learning on both sides. So the drop off from starter to backup is significantly greater than its been in the past.

Struggling in preseason isn't a surprise.

chrispy

Reaction score
I agree w/l record doesn't mean much in pre-season, however there are a lot of things to glean from this time of the year. Not surprisingly, it's much more clear what writing was on the wall retrospectively... like in November. But, aside from complaining about an irrelevant score, what else is a Seahawks fan to do...????

For example, I really expected to see a lot of roster churn, similar to 2010/2011. Does that mean PC/JS have more confidence in depth? ... or they've decided that teaching and training results in more success than swapping out players? ...or maybe (as some advertise on this site) they've grown old and can't function the way they once did?

Also, I wonder if (or how much) the change in scheme/s has subtracted from time spent on some of PC's historical/foundational principles. He had always talked about the language and consistency in messaging. If you have new Xs and Os, perhaps some of the other is lost. I can see the Special Teams play having lost some focus in order to get those players familiar with new principles in their regular positions. ...and tackling...

I still hope to see big improvement pre-season #3 and #4. However, I think I've resolved myself to seeing that improvement in the 2nd Q of the season. The kind of issues we've seen so far don't just disappear without some real focus and practice. That'll take time but PC has proven for years that he's a great teaching coach. He doesn't do everything well, but we can have some confidence the numerous missed tackles and 40 yard returns won't last forever.... That improvement, in itself, will be cool to observe and will lead to more winning.

keasley45

Reaction score
I agree w/l record doesn't mean much in pre-season, however there are a lot of things to glean from this time of the year. Not surprisingly, it's much more clear what writing was on the wall retrospectively... like in November. But, aside from complaining about an irrelevant score, what else is a Seahawks fan to do...????

For example, I really expected to see a lot of roster churn, similar to 2010/2011. Does that mean PC/JS have more confidence in depth? ... or they've decided that teaching and training results in more success than swapping out players? ...or maybe (as some advertise on this site) they've grown old and can't function the way they once did?

Also, I wonder if (or how much) the change in scheme/s has subtracted from time spent on some of PC's historical/foundational principles. He had always talked about the language and consistency in messaging. If you have new Xs and Os, perhaps some of the other is lost. I can see the Special Teams play having lost some focus in order to get those players familiar with new principles in their regular positions. ...and tackling...

I still hope to see big improvement pre-season #3 and #4. However, I think I've resolved myself to seeing that improvement in the 2nd Q of the season. The kind of issues we've seen so far don't just disappear without some real focus and practice. That'll take time but PC has proven for years that he's a great teaching coach. He doesn't do everything well, but we can have some confidence the numerous missed tackles and 40 yard returns won't last forever.... That improvement, in itself, will be cool to observe and will lead to more winning.

The special teams play is surprisingly bad. Don't know what the deal is there.

Latest posts