Don't sugar coat it

mrblitz

Reaction score
well, it does seem like one of those games where the seahawks let the other team off the hook. i didn't see the first half, but russ did miss a couple long throws in the 2nd... more than once, had a guy wide open deep, and didn't put enough mustard on it. then, the penalties and the missed field goals (3 missed field goals?), missed 2 point conversions. just make one field goal and one PAT, and we're not having this conversation. even so, how do you give up a 3 play, 75-yard drive at the end?... freeney looked great though... rawls showed something, too... gonna have to figure out how not to be so dependent on thomas on d... that last td... thomas would have been right there... the replacement dude, not so much as it turns out... going forward, might have to play a 'cover2' instead of 'cover1'?.. i don't know... but we just can't seem to find a reasonable backup for earl... well it is what it is...

THE TABS

Reaction score
@cro":2j3slx30 said:
Not even close.
This is a super bowl team who had a terrible game. The run game was actually working and for some reason we gave up on it and decided to huck 50 yard balls when Russ was obviously not on point.
This was on coaching. People have up and down days. You go with what works. The coaches went with what didn't until the 4th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We’re only a Super Bowl team IF we have home field advantage throughout, and we gave that up today. I believe we are definitely a playoff contender, but until the offense can learn to stay on schedule on the road, we can’t be taken seriously as a championship contender.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
We win this game 8 out o 10 times.

But any given Sunday.... right? Washington made some crazy plays they probably wont pull off for the rest of the year, the penalties, the missed filed goals. I think going with Lacy a lot was the center of our offensive game plan, then he gets hurt?

Just one of those really really strange days. :roll:

It sucks! But I do think we sill have the talent to go deep in the playoffs.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
@cro":3b535dcy said:
Not even close.
This is a super bowl team who had a terrible game. The run game was actually working and for some reason we gave up on it and decided to huck 50 yard balls when Russ was obviously not on point.
This was on coaching. People have up and down days. You go with what works. The coaches went with what didn't until the 4th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hard to agree this is a super bowl caliber team, but as far as your game plan analysis, I think you are spot on. Except for where Wilson had to scramble, they gave up on running the ball the 2nd half. They didnt go back to the hurry-up offenss, another thing that worked well this year, and he or Bevel relied too much on the long ball, when thwy needed first downs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
tifferradish":3kwwoqro said:
This team sucks, not good enough to win a super bowl
They clearly overlooked the deadskins today.

The talent level is easily Super Bowl level. Go back and watch the loses in the Super Bowl seasons and they look like today.
The issue is the assistant coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, they are horrendously bad. You are asking your talent to overcome the ineptness of your offensive coaching staff that is the energy sucking black hole of this team.

You fix (see replace) the offensive coaching staff, the sky is the limit.

907Hawk

Reaction score
I always try to stay positive, and still believe this team is a SB team, but they must stop the stupid penalties, and Walsh needs to do his job better.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
getnasty":1gmfr3lz said:
First of all were a better team then were playing right now. Second does anyone really scare you in the NFC.

First, this team is playing with ZERO discipline. You're only as good as you're playing.
Second, Washington didn't scare me.

soje

Reaction score
The way this team is playing, any team scares me in the NFC (and the AFC).

And the worst is: we scare nobody anymore.

getnasty":3oizoxg9 said:
First of all were a better team then were playing right now. Second does anyone really scare you in the NFC.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse but Bevell is the reason for most of our problems on offense, sorry it's just the facts. When do we run a quality offense and sustain drives? If ever? Can you remember a time, I can't really. Relying on Russell Wilson scrambling around for 10 seconds and then throwing 40 yard pop flys is not a way to win a ball game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
We're gonna have to go 7-1 or 8-0 to get a first round bye. 6-2 might cut it for the division as long as one of those wins is against the Rams.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We lost to an inferior team that came in beat up and on a serious downward spiral at home..This loss should not have happened and I am guessing we will be looking back at this one at seasons end for where we sit in the playoff format...if we get there...

Threedee

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2dgaxr63 said:
We win this game 8 out o 10 times.

But any given Sunday.... right? Washington made some crazy plays they probably wont pull off for the rest of the year, the penalties, the missed filed goals. I think going with Lacy a lot was the center of our offensive game plan, then he gets hurt?

Just one of those really really strange days. :roll:

It sucks! But I do think we sill have the talent to go deep in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the other two times, Bevell has to earn his paycheck. But, I agree, and our D more than did its job to keep us in this game (after all the criticism of last week).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
tifferradish":vgmi5963 said:
This team sucks
- This team is better than average with plenty of talent.

tifferradish":vgmi5963 said:
not good enough to win a super bowl
- With their garbage game planning and inability to execute, that sounds correct.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm predicting a SB for this team. :shock:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team certainly doesn't suck. Year after year people spout the same crap over and over again. Then they go on a run to the playoffs. If you want to assume the worst, have at it. We all fan our own way :2thumbs:

blkhwk

Reaction score
any team that turns it over twice, commits 15 penalties and misses three FG's is probably getting blow out! So yes, when you do these things no one is good enough to win a super bowl........

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Seahawks knocked themselves out of the playoff picture with this single game. There I said it. And there is very little wiggle room to jump back in and be among th front six NFC teams in the playoff picture ahead of them. Two more losses could do them in.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
getnasty":3u2407o6 said:

The Washington Redskins did not scare me in the least....never-the-less, they just kicked our ass!!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I would just like to point out that there is a very large middle ground here (I realize it’s not cool to think that way these days and everything is supposed to be to an extreme.). In all reality this team does not suck, but may not be a Super Bowl winner.

But they’re a heck of a lot closer to being a Super Bowl contender then they are to truely sucking....think browns, 49ers, etc.

Latest posts