Sugar Bowl start time

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Anyone else think the 7:45pm (Central) start time is a bit ridiculous? I'm sure the players will be prepared, but Texas fans and everyone else in that time zone will literally have to stay up until midnight to see the whole game. East coast until 1am.

It doesn't make sense to me. This game should be given a better time slot to appease the fans. They made the playoffs. Make one of those non playoff games play the late night game.

I think the biggest issue for me is that this game is played on a Monday night, on New Year's Day. Knowing full well that people party it up the night before, and then have to work the next day.

Just absolutely no thought put into this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm happy about it. Going to the Winter Classic at Noon, then working our way up to a Sugar Bowl watch party in Seattle.
Works out nicely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
New Orleans is in Texas?

Just kidding. Yeah, it's basically a home game for them. But.......we beat them last year IN TEXAS.
This game could go either way, just like the Rose Bowl. I just love our chances to knock them out. Until I see someone actually stop our offense, I don't think anyone can.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Great. Being on the east coast, I guess I'll have to DVR it and watch the second half the following day.