Don't sugar coat it

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Redskins did not kick our ass. That game was a fluke, the Hawks beat themselves. The D dominated them for most the game, the Offense moved the ball well. They made the plays at the end, but in no way did they kick our asses.

warden

Reaction score
I fully expect to get double digit wins for the sixth year in a row. I fully expect to be in the playoffs for the 7th time out of the 8 seasons be Carrol has been coaching us. I fully expect to be playing our best football in December and January. I fully expect to not be one and done just like every other time we made the playoffs under Carroll.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":egkkg68r said:
getnasty":egkkg68r said:
First of all were a better team then were playing right now. Second does anyone really scare you in the NFC.

The Washington Redskins did not scare me in the least....never-the-less, they just kicked our ass!!!

Kick our ass? with all due respect, you did have a peek at the game stats? Based on stats we kicked Washingtons ass. Losses happen this way when you kick your own ass, which Seattle did in spades with penalties and missed opportunities to score.j

Yards Passing
SEA 289
WA 193

Yards Rushing
SEA 148
WA 51

Total Yards
SEA 437
WA 244

Sacked
SEA 2
WA 6

Chapow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1trm51om said:
I would just like to point out that there is a very large middle ground here (I realize it’s not cool to think that way these days and everything is supposed to be to an extreme.). In all reality this team does not suck, but may not be a Super Bowl winner.

But they’re a heck of a lot closer to being a Super Bowl contender then they are to truely sucking....think browns, 49ers, etc.

It's refreshing to see a reasonable post here, especially after a loss. Thank you.

This team couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot yesterday between penalties and missed opportunities, and yet we still took the lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game. We almost won despite 16 penalties for 138 yards, 3 missed field goals, and 2 missed 2 point conversions. Teams that suck get blown out when they have days like that.

BTW, this same Washington team beat the Rams in L.A. earlier this season. Maybe they aren't quite the cupcake people are making them out to be.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This team will never be anything besides what it has been this season with the current approach in place. Pete's obsession with being a run first, big play team is really doing this squad a disservice. Overall, it's not such a terrible thing. We are 5-3 and look like we'll wind up in the playoffs, so I can't complain too much. I just don't see the logic behind our approach on offense. We don't have the personnel to run what Pete wants, but we won't change it. REALLY change it, I mean.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I find it interesting, if not slightly amusing, that we seem to have so many 'fluke' losses.

Clearly we must be a better team right? We 'should' have beaten them.

Can you hear me laughing at this logic?

The reason we have so many 'flukey' losses is because we have a stupid strategy that likes to keep the game close and does not really worry about stretching the lead out. So...one or two plays, or bad calls, or mistakes, or great plays by the other team (who has players that want to win too) end up slipping an opposing score in there and because we have not bothered to score for half the game (or kick FGs) we have no cushion.

So we lose. Often in a game we seem to have dominated but kept close. All because we don't score TDs and the other team does.

They aren't flukes. Eventually the other team is going to score. Not every team is as pathetic as our offense. We need to be aware of this.

Expecting to win a game by continually expecting the defense to pitch a shutout is expecting several losses along the way and an absolute beatdown by whatever team we face in the playoffs.

But sure....please continue to call them flukes. More likely they are squandered opportunities.

Anthony!

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1720g1z5 said:
This team will never be anything besides what it has been this season with the current approach in place. Pete's obsession with being a run first, big play team is really doing this squad a disservice. Overall, it's not such a terrible thing. We are 5-3 and look like we'll wind up in the playoffs, so I can't complain too much. I just don't see the logic behind our approach on offense. We don't have the personnel to run what Pete wants, but we won't change it. REALLY change it, I mean.

Agree all you need to do is look at late 2o15 or 4 of our wins, we were spreading the ball taking what they gave us, and then taking our shots when they came but we always had a layered approach leaving a short, medium and long shots. Yesterday not much short and medium until 4th qtr.

irocdave

Reaction score
I've read all the previous responses to this thread and find merit in most. My take away from watching the game was dam, Pete and Bevel are arrogant. They are totally discounting the other team and are focused on fixing the run game. They used the first half to practice running the ball. I mean, how many NFL games do you see where a team is totally deficient in one area of the game and they just go "screw this, were going to keep doing until we get it right". And that's what happened in the first half. RW sucked throwing the ball, well, my take is the game plan was all about running the ball. No offensive game planning to counter what ever the redskins are good at, just were going to do this, run the ball with Lacey and if it doesn't work were going to punt and try again.

That changed late in the 2nd quarter when Lacey left the game and the coaches think they have Tom Brady or Rodgers under center. RW isn't either of those guys. RW starts the 3rd quarter like he usually starts a game, starts running to get himself in to the game. It didn't work.

Most NFL teams look for weaknesses in the other team and try and attack them, both on offense and defense. Not the Seahawks, not with this coaching staff. PC, DB and TC burned this game to practice running the football. Maybe it will payoff at the end of the year, but maybe not. THAT is my observation from the last game. Yes the D gave up the game winning drive, and the DC could be pointed at for that, but we all know who calls the shots, and if he didnt call them, he is still accountable.

This team has the talent and coaching to get it done, but the coaching needs to stop burning daylight and start doing what good coaches do. Attack the other teams weakness while minimizing your own teams weaknesses that the other teams are going to exploit.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":flpshnix said:
I've read all the previous responses to this thread and find merit in most. My take away from watching the game was dam, Pete and Bevel are arrogant. They are totally discounting the other team and are focused on fixing the run game. They used the first half to practice running the ball. I mean, how many NFL games do you see where a team is totally deficient in one area of the game and they just go "screw this, were going to keep doing until we get it right". And that's what happened in the first half. RW sucked throwing the ball, well, my take is the game plan was all about running the ball. No offensive game planning to counter what ever the redskins are good at, just were going to do this, run the ball with Lacey and if it doesn't work were going to punt and try again.

That changed late in the 2nd quarter when Lacey left the game and the coaches think they have Tom Brady or Rodgers under center. RW isn't either of those guys. RW starts the 3rd quarter like he usually starts a game, starts running to get himself in to the game. It didn't work.

Most NFL teams look for weaknesses in the other team and try and attack them, both on offense and defense. Not the Seahawks, not with this coaching staff. PC, DB and TC burned this game to practice running the football. Maybe it will payoff at the end of the year, but maybe not. THAT is my observation from the last game. Yes the D gave up the game winning drive, and the DC could be pointed at for that, but we all know who calls the shots, and if he didnt call them, he is still accountable.

This team has the talent and coaching to get it done, but the coaching needs to stop burning daylight and start doing what good coaches do. Attack the other teams weakness while minimizing your own teams weaknesses that the other teams are going to exploit.

I agree with most of what you said the problem is they did not run the offense that has worked till the 4th qtr. This is not about if Rw is Brady or Rodgers he is not, and they are not him each have strengths and weaknesses. But unlike Brady and Rodgers we only run an offense best suited for RW when we have no choice. In this game not until the 4th qtr which is why we started moving the ball. We always waste a qtr with the stupid 15 scripted plays. They say they use them to see what the defense will do, Hmm I thought that is what film watching was for. The game plan yesterday was bad, really bad.

Latest posts