Don't throw the ball to Percy Harvin!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
The Radish":1dheum3b said:
Ok boys and girls. This is a string about Harvin, lets not continue conversations about other games and other players.

You have bitches about the Saints game take it to the NFL Forum!

:141847_bnono:

Sorry, Radish. I hope I am not to far out of line in sharing a few facts and trying to clear up a few misconceptions by some of the uninformed. I will be happy to share my knowledge of that and another other topic in the NFL forum.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Exittium":3jj2n0nf said:
Last Game for what 8 months.. I say put him out there and let him do his thing. Prove he's worth the wait and that everything up until now was worth the what if's, is he playing, when will he return. Denver imo doesnt have the speed on ST to keep PH in the back, and if PH is on the field i think we saw a small sample of what Bevell has planned with him and if thats the case I liked what I did see. Especially when this is going to be probably one of the easiest defense's we've face all year.
According to most Donkey fans their defense is super underrated...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry I can't contain myself. The unbridled homerism is getting out of control for them.

hawk45

Reaction score
The halftime tape makes it difficult to believe that Gregg Williams was innocent of cultivating a mindset of injuring opponents. There is no question Williams was of that mindset. The Federal court questioned whether Goodell overstepped his authority and whether the investigation was fair, but there was no ruling or statement that the Saints were innocent.

We were only shown some of the Bounty evidence, and some of the PowerPoint slides were dumb, questionable, or irrelevant. But the word Bounty does appear, money is clearly involved, and "Kill the head" and "cart-off" are highly indicative phrases connected with systematic rewards no matter what tortured logic the NFLPA brought to bear to try and explain them. What the NFLPA claimed those terms meant is just laughable. If "kill the head" means gang-tackle, say gang tackle. If "cart-off" means hard-hit, say hard-hit. Cart-off just flat has no interpretation other than the obvious.

And the league told the Saints to knock it off, whatever they were doing, and the Saints failed to comply and lied about it. They knew the league was concerned about bounties and they gave that no regard. If it were a standard pay for performance but the league thought it was more and your name is Sean Payton, you can avoid all trouble by just shutting it down to alleviate the league's concerns. If I'm forced to choose between Payton being complicit and Payton being a rank idiot, complicit seems right.

The headshot on Percy may have been inadvertent, but the congratulations from the Saints sideline don't exactly indicate that the Williams mentality has entirely left the building. I think jumping to "bounty" is unsupportable, but when a guy is high-fived for taking out the opponent's best weapon with a head-shot, fans are definitely going to re-raise the question of the Saints' culture.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
To all those that are suggesting Percy Harvin is not tough or able to take the hits. I doubt either Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate would of got up from either big hit let alone both. It's no indictment on Tate or Baldwin but those were some hard hits on a guy that was in the air and did'nt have his feet under him. So I say make Harvin a triple threat through the air,ground, and special teams.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
hawk45":34hcqh1y said:
The halftime tape makes it difficult to believe that Gregg Williams was innocent of cultivating a mindset of injuring opponents. There is no question Williams was of that mindset. The Federal court questioned whether Goodell overstepped his authority and whether the investigation was fair, but there was no ruling or statement that the Saints were innocent.

We were only shown some of the Bounty evidence, and some of the PowerPoint slides were dumb, questionable, or irrelevant. But the word Bounty does appear, money is clearly involved, and "Kill the head" and "cart-off" are highly indicative phrases connected with systematic rewards no matter what tortured logic the NFLPA brought to bear to try and explain them. What the NFLPA claimed those terms meant is just laughable. If "kill the head" means gang-tackle, say gang tackle. If "cart-off" means hard-hit, say hard-hit. Cart-off just flat has no interpretation other than the obvious.

And the league told the Saints to knock it off, whatever they were doing, and the Saints failed to comply and lied about it. They knew the league was concerned about bounties and they gave that no regard. If it were a standard pay for performance but the league thought it was more and your name is Sean Payton, you can avoid all trouble by just shutting it down to alleviate the league's concerns. If I'm forced to choose between Payton being complicit and Payton being a rank idiot, complicit seems right.

The headshot on Percy may have been inadvertent, but the congratulations from the Saints sideline don't exactly indicate that the Williams mentality has entirely left the building. I think jumping to "bounty" is unsupportable, but when a guy is high-fived for taking out the opponent's best weapon with a head-shot, fans are definitely going to re-raise the question of the Saints' culture.

Read my above response concerning the tape and if you wish to carry it further please head to the NFL Forum as Radish "suggested". There are far more relevant and important topics in here.