Doug Baldwin will be out a few weeks with left knee injury

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1024378875051106304[/tweet]

Baldwin has been sitting out with a compression wrap on his left leg the last few practices. Keenan Reynolds has had several big practices in place of Baldwin. Amara Darboh had two big catches today: one handed TD grab and big catch in traffic. David Moore had a couple strong practices, but he has sat out the last couple days with an undisclosed injury. Brandon Marshall has been limited in his return from injury, and he also sat out today.

Edit - I think I heard Carroll say it would be a "couple weeks," not a few.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
2_0_6":4kvcb1e2 said:
That's Pete speak for atleast 4 regular season games

I re-listened to the video, and it sounds like Carroll says it would be a "couple weeks" for Baldwin, not a few. That they want to be cautious with it and get Baldwin in shape before he returns. They want Baldwin "ready for the long haul," meaning regular season. I would not be surprised if he sat out the preseason to get fully healthy and to give some of the young guys more of a chance to compete.

Jville

Reaction score
There's that name again .... Keenan Reynolds ... mentioned over and over again ..... day after day.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1024346363440418816[/tweet]

Enough of a concern that he will wear a compression sleeve and sit out some practices and preseason games, but not enough of a concern to not play catch with his head coach. Baldwin is treading carefully on it so it will heal, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":1mcn4ejc said:
There's that name again .... Keenan Reynolds ... mentioned over and over again ..... day after day.

Reynolds moves a lot like Baldwin and seems to have amazing hands. Eerie deja vu to Baldwin, circa 2011.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This CAN be beneficial so long as it doesn't linger. Reason being is that the more reps the young guys get, the more they can clearly separate from each other and that makes the Hawks' making the right decisions easier.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":2tnkab9z said:

Kind of like the Kasen Williams of last season.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ctdnxye said:
Jville":1ctdnxye said:

Just my opinion, Reynolds is way more impressive than Kasen. So is David Moore, but I like Reynolds' potential even more. Darboh and Kasen are sort of a toss up, JMO.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I know he said a few weeks, but everything else he said seemed to indicate it could be longer.

Not having Doug for any stretch of the regular season would be very bad news. It’d be a pretty shaky line up without him.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2dskvhs8 said:
pittpnthrs":2dskvhs8 said:
Jville":2dskvhs8 said:

Just my opinion, Reynolds is way more impressive than Kasen. So is David Moore, but I like Reynolds' potential even more. Darboh and Kasen are sort of a toss up, JMO.

That's how I see it. Kasen Williams wasn't comparable to Doug Baldwin. Where as, a couple of coaches have already mentioned similarities between Reynolds and Baldwin. His name keeps showing up in interviews.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jville":agbz2e6e said:
hawknation2018":agbz2e6e said:
pittpnthrs":agbz2e6e said:
Jville":agbz2e6e said:

In my mind, Kasen Williams wasn't comparable to Doug Baldwin. Where as, a couple of coaches have already mentioned similarities between Reynolds and Baldwin. His name keeps showing up in interviews.

Not saying that this is the case with Keenan but hasn't Pete "pimped" players in practices before only to either trade them or release them by end of training camp? So it could be a case where he is trying to generate interest if it deems there wouldn't be a fit for the player on roster. With that said, it's still early in TC.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":g3boypnu said:
Jville":g3boypnu said:
hawknation2018":g3boypnu said:
pittpnthrs":g3boypnu said:

In my mind, Kasen Williams wasn't comparable to Doug Baldwin. Where as, a couple of coaches have already mentioned similarities between Reynolds and Baldwin. His name keeps showing up in interviews.

Not saying that this is the case with Keenan but hasn't Pete "pimped" players in practices before only to either trade them or release them by end of training camp? So it could be a case where he is trying to generate interest if it deems there wouldn't be a fit for the player on roster. With that said, it's still early in TC.

Kasen Williams with his unique high school and college history in the state of Washington drew constant inquires that had to be addressed over an extended period of time. Williams built up a huge fan following before he became a Seahawk. And there was all that built up empathy associated with wanting to see him overcome injury. I think it unlikely we'll see anything quite like that again.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1vkm7k29 said:
pittpnthrs":1vkm7k29 said:
Jville":1vkm7k29 said:

I would like to guess that Reynolds has higher football IQ and more willing to do whatever on and off the yield to succeed. Hawks may have find a poor men's Baldwin in Reynolds.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555356

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.57 seconds
Vertical: 37 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet
Bench: 15 reps of 225 pounds

STRENGTHS:
As with most option quarterbacks, has heart for days as a runner and competitor. Elevated sense of purpose when play neared the goal line. Cashed in with 78 rushing touchdowns over the last three seasons. Can make himself slippery and rarely takes direct shots unless he seeks out the contact. Forced 23 missed tackles this season. Has plus vision with a great sense of when to cut it up and when to finish his runs. Runs with outstanding balance through contact. Elite intelligence and locker room leader.

WEAKNESSES:
Doesn't have the frame or leg thickness of full­-time, NFL running back. More slippery than shifty as a runner. Lacking dynamic one-­cut ability to hit holes with burst. Thin lower half makes his running style slightly top ­heavy in space. Has to prove he can catch the football as a running back. Not strong enough to extend runs through force. Credited with just two broken tackles over his last 515 carries. Ball security is a concern. Had 32 fumbles with 18 lost during his time at Navy.

Since we are using him as a slot WR, his inability to break tackles isn't as crucial, his ball security is a concern.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2zjoc3om said:
pittpnthrs":2zjoc3om said:
Jville":2zjoc3om said:

I wasn't comparing the talent, just that we heard so much about Kasen last season and then he ended up getting cut. Its always hard to tell.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Just like Kasen Williams
Kasen didn't get signed bcuz he wouldn't block on running plays
There's some pre season video of him actually avoiding the DB right in front of him who also makes the tackle
It would've been at least another ten yards
Just sayin but if you can't block downfield you don't belong on this team

toffee

Reaction score
2_0_6":21ms4mao said:
Dez is available :vodka:

Gotta be a circus having Dez and Marshall on the same team, .Net will have endless debate around those two, we won't miss Sherm at all.