Doug Is The Coolest Player In The NFL

BigMeach

Reaction score
semiahmoo":d8ig4h0g said:
Yeah, I did detect some shade being thrown Wilson's way. I don't really have a problem w/that. Wilson does miss open receivers more than I would like (but he seems to be getting better).

That said, the whole offensive scheme is tired-tired-tired.

I could be remembering poorly but I swear Wilson used to be much more accurate. I think the lack of a poor o-line for so long is just getting into his head and he is feeling ghosts.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
BigMeach":14p4h5au said:
semiahmoo":14p4h5au said:
Yeah, I did detect some shade being thrown Wilson's way. I don't really have a problem w/that. Wilson does miss open receivers more than I would like (but he seems to be getting better).

I could be remembering poorly but I swear Wilson used to be much more accurate. I think the lack of a poor o-line for so long is just getting into his head and he is feeling ghosts.

I think he also missed his best possession receiver, the much-maligned Jermaine Kearse. The WR position has to be upgraded in some way. Paul Richardson is too inconsistent at creating separation. Baldwin is great but he can be blanketed at times. Same for Tyler Lockett.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1qhsngxt said:
An "all in" source privy to the daily process. Neither you nor I speak from the vantage point that Doug enjoys. All of us outsiders observe from a distance. Our opinions are limited to guess work and speculation.

True dat ^ What many of us are hearing, is repeated parroting & echo's of decent.
I believe Baldwin ( the insider ) would have a better handle on what the real problems are.
We as fans KNOW that something is haywire with the Seahawks Offensive system, but NOTHING SPECIFIC.
Lets go back about a Month ago---Remember when DB quieted Tom Cable on the sideline, stopping him from interrupting Russell Wilson talking to his O-Linemen? -----I think THAT would be more of an indicator of who Baldwin believes is the problem.
Ifedi's false starts could be a symptom of confusion...Cables system?....Ifedi is over-anticipating, and underdoing.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Wilson could use a taller possession WR with great hands.

That should be Jimmy Graham . . . but we're too busy using him as a blocker.

Jville

Reaction score
scutterhawk":377s1r3b said:
Jville":377s1r3b said:
An "all in" source privy to the daily process. Neither you nor I speak from the vantage point that Doug enjoys. All of us outsiders observe from a distance. Our opinions are limited to guess work and speculation.

True dat ^ What many of us are hearing, is repeated parroting & echo's of decent.
I believe Baldwin ( the insider ) would have a better handle on what the real problems are.
We as fans KNOW that something is haywire with the Seahawks Offensive system, but NOTHING SPECIFIC.
Lets go back about a Month ago---Remember when DB quieted Tom Cable on the sideline, stopping him from interrupting Russell Wilson talking to his O-Linemen? -----I think THAT would be more of an indicator of who Baldwin believes is the problem.
Ifedi's false starts could be a symptom of confusion...Cables system?....Ifedi is over-anticipating, and underdoing.

Correcting unreliable blocking would be my guess as to where one significant opportunity for improvement resides. But, I suspect it includes consistency of execution of the offense overall. Below is a Baldwin quote that echos what Carroll and Bevell and Cable and Wilson also identified as a consistency and execution problem thru out the year .........
"We played better," Baldwin said after turning to a Seahawks public relations official. "We played better. I mean, I would love to sit up here and tell you exactly what the problem is but I’m not going to tell you that. We got a lot of work to do. A lot of work to do and we have the ability to do it. Simply put, we have the ability to do it. We just have to be consistent. When we are not consistent, again, you can see what happened in the first half, down 20-7. You can’t continue to play games like that.

Doug Baldwin defends Darrell Bevell: "(He's) not the problem" >>> [urltargetblank]https://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/content/2018-01-01-doug-baldwin-defends-darrell-bevell-hes-not-the-problem/[/urltargetblank]

adeltaY

Reaction score
I mean the Raiders defense was pissed when KNJ was fired, but they played so much better when Pagano took over as DC. I'm sure there are many more examples of players loyal to an OC who perform better with a different OC.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":2q63x4ae said:
semiahmoo":2q63x4ae said:

It's not a ghost that nails you to the ground BEFORE you even hand the ball off to your RB.
Missed assignments on the O-Line, and RW takes off running, or, he could just step up into a "Imaginary" pocket and shorten the distance for his would be butt-whoopin' Defensive attacker.....You can't find your open Receivers when you're scrambling to keep from being pulverized.
The O-Line doesn't block consistently enough for Wilson to TRUST that he'll have the time needed to find his outlet Receivers, and injuries in 2016 only substantiates his wariness.

strohmin

Reaction score
It is absolutely is Wilson's execution that baldwin is reffering too, but blind homers will throw that stupid stat that he is responsible for 90% of the offense. What that tells me is that he is in complete control of the offense is responsible for alot of what happens on the field including how dysfunctional the offense looks.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawknation2017":g68fhr11 said:
Jville":g68fhr11 said:
Love hearing it straight from the source and Doug is one of the best sources ...........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/947955376535740416[/tweet]

The opinion of a loyal soldier. :2thumbs:

Yes. Bevell Stays!!
Doug better not be flipping any more birds toward his boss!!