Dre’Mont Jones is a Seahawk

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You're assuming either Lance or Purdy or both are ready for the opener.

I would not count on that.
Sam Darnold is the starter. Trey Lance is being transitioned to the scout team if a trade doesn’t happen by training camp

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dunno - know he’s a disrupter - but I saw some runs getting stuffed 3-5 yards back of the LOS in his highlight reel (which is the sum total of what I know about him). I don’t care who he grabs 3 yards behind the line - just whoever has the ball!

I’ll take that…. also llike being able to move him around for sure. if adams can get healthy - we’ve got two of ‘em that can line up wherever -

Guy on from Denver sports radio described Jones as Michael Bennett if Michael Bennett actually cared about working out. Meaning he's a gap destroyer, but also has an insane motor and strength.

Also said he was a fantastic locker room guy, and that's saying something with how divided and dysfunctional the Bronco's locker room was last season.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sidney Jones cost basically nothing. I dont think anyone outside of big UW homers thought much of it. Did he even play a full season here? He definitely wasnt considered "top tier".
Damn, did I say Sydney Jones? I meant Sydney Rice. I can't keep my Joneses straight. Sorry about that!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dre'Mont Jones Combine:

Dre'Mont Jones DT Combine Numbers

College: OHIO STATE

HOMETOWN Cleveland, OH r-Junior

HEIGHT 6’ 3’’

WEIGHT 281 lbs

ARM 33 3/4’’

HAND 9 5/8’’

Prospect Grade 6.30 Will Eventually Be Plus Starter

40-Yard Dash 5.12 Seconds

10-Yard Split 1.77 Seconds

Vertical Jump 31.5’’

Broad Jump 9’ 2’’

3-Cone Drill 7.71 Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle 4.53

By Lance Zierlein NFL Analyst

Draft Projection Rounds 2-3 (3rd round by Broncos)

NFL Comparison Nick Fairley

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Sam Darnold is a back up.

I think Darnold was a sneaky-good signing. He was better than Purdy in a slightly smaller sample (on a vastly inferior team) in 2022. I wouldn't be shocked to see Darnold starting next season, especially if the trend of Little Shanny in the Big Hat getting his QBs injured continues, and I wouldn't be shocked if Darnold were actually good as a starter. Annoyed, yes. Shocked, no.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Guy on from Denver sports radio described Jones as Michael Bennett if Michael Bennett actually cared about working out. Meaning he's a gap destroyer, but also has an insane motor and strength.

Also said he was a fantastic locker room guy, and that's saying something with how divided and dysfunctional the Bronco's locker room was last season.
I'd think that sounds pretty accurate. His motor and strength are evident on the highlight reels he has -

I also think his numbers lie a bit. Just like DK draws coverage, I was watching his highlights, and I saw 2-3 instances at least where HE broke down the coverage/defender, and someone right behind him came through to mop up and make the actual tackle/sack.

Excited about this dude.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Just ran a PFF simulator mock draft and our defensive front now includes Uchenna Nwosu, Dre'Mont Jones, Mazi Smith, and Will Anderson (Cards drafted Jalen Carter). I could live with that.
Guess I need to update it again. Defensive front: Uchenna Nwosu, Dre'Mont Jones, Mazi Smith, Jarran Reed, and Will Anderson

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude is a beast. And for what D Lineman are getting, I'm pretty happy with the deal. Like other deals, we'll see how the numbers look etc.
We were on our way ot the Kraken game and talking about how they rarely do anything on day 1. About an hour later, boom.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Guess I need to update it again. Defensive front: Uchenna Nwosu, Dre'Mont Jones, Mazi Smith, Jarran Reed, and Will Anderson
You're hired! Don't get too comfortable though, if you miss out on Anderson and Mazi then we'll give John Schneider another crack at things.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
JohN Schneider said on his weekly radio interview on 710 that he goes by Dre Jones not Dre'Mont fyi

Hawknight

Reaction score
New Seahawks DT Dre'Mont Jones told
@SeattleSports
that there was too much unnecessary drama in Denver last year and football didn't seem as important as it needed to be. "Being able to work together is overly important. I want to play for the guy next to me."

Latest posts