Dre Greenlaw vs. Eagles head of security

bileever

Reaction score
No way a guy who is not a player or a coach should insert himself into this kind of situation:

Torc

Reaction score
I'm fine with it if he's preventing a fight. Not to the extent that he punches a player, but putting himself between two players is fine with me. Part of his job description, really.

Reaction score
I'm fine with it if he's preventing a fight. Not to the extent that he punches a player, but putting himself between two players is fine with me. Part of his job description, really.

Actually its not. They already clarified that Dom “Mall Cop” DiSandro’s entire job ends on the field. He had no place being there. I’m not excusing what Greenlaw did, but the other guy never should have been involved. Let the refs who already were there do their job.

Dom should be suspended.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Why wouldn't every team put goons on the sidelines to try to provoke players? It's menaingless to have a non-player thrown out of the game. No way that guy should have been involved even after the play. In fact, he should have made an effort to get away from the play, not insert himself.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
In a collection of funny plays from college football. There is one featuring a Head Coach who due to argueing with officials. Has the college strength and conditioning coach standing behind him on the side line. When it looks as though an arguement is about to start. The strength coach pulls the head coach back by the belt of his trousers.

Fanatics

Reaction score
If the NFL doesn't handle this right, we will see this again. By making it right, they should heavily fine the team and/or remove draft picks, make sure the individual never has a position on the field again. He can do his security from the skybox or somewhere else.

For him to say he was trying to keep peace is funny. You could clearly see him first pointing at the officials to call a foul on the toss, which I agree with, but then step forward and put his hands on Greenlaw and you can clearly read his lips saying to Greenlaw that is BS, before he gets smacked. He was not trying to make peace.

flv2

Reaction score
Actually its not. They already clarified that Dom “Mall Cop” DiSandro’s entire job ends on the field. He had no place being there. I’m not excusing what Greenlaw did, but the other guy never should have been involved. Let the refs who already were there do their job.

Dom should be suspended.
If it had been a coach instead would that have changed anything? Better or worse? Anyone who's that close to the field is there with the team's blessing. There's nothing to stop any team making everyone a coach. There are no qualifications and no limits.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why wouldn't every team put goons on the sidelines to try to provoke players? It's menaingless to have a non-player thrown out of the game. No way that guy should have been involved even after the play. In fact, he should have made an effort to get away from the play, not insert himself.
Agree. Guy shouldn't have been that close even if he was supposed to be on the field. I'm sure one gets a pretty big ego when working for a team in that position and looks like the guy was trying to make a name for himself.

Reaction score
If it had been a coach instead would that have changed anything? Better or worse? Anyone who's that close to the field is there with the team's blessing. There's nothing to stop any team making everyone a coach. There are no qualifications and no limits.

lol

Doesn’t work that way. Using your example the ball boy, camera man, or a players girlfriend has the right to lay their hands on a player.

Learn the rules and policies first buddy…

IMG 1687

morgulon1

Reaction score
Dang !!

That looks official. I agree and hate when people do that. It was really bad in the NBA with losers yelling at players trying to get on TV , Actors , owners etc..

The league should fine the F out of teams that can't control their own sidelines. Money , picks , penalties.

Death .

RiverDog

Reaction score
Interesting thread, I wish I'd tuned in earlier.

It looks to me like two wrongs not making a right. Greenlaw was clearly out of line making contact with the security guard, but it sounds like the security guard shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Reaction score
Interesting thread, I wish I'd tuned in earlier.

It looks to me like two wrongs not making a right. Greenlaw was clearly out of line making contact with the security guard, but it sounds like the security guard shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Greenlaw was not in the right, and I agree two wrongs don’t make a right, but it really looks like Greenlaw was extending his arm to point at AJ Brown while he was yelling at him. Dom “Mall Cop” DiSandro steps in the way and thats when Greenlaw contacted him. It wasn’t a punch. If Fat Dom had stayed out of it like he was supposed to, it never would have happened.

Greenlaw deserved the personal foul penalty not the ejection.

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
I would have loved to see Greenlaw pick up Fat Dom and power slam him down as well. Stay in your lane Dom!

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
A lot of the videos don't show that Dom pushed Greenlaw before Greenlaw touched him. He absolutely had no business pushing a player under any circumstances.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
A lot of the videos don't show that Dom pushed Greenlaw before Greenlaw touched him. He absolutely had no business pushing a player under any circumstances.
Everyone in the media was milking that. Greenlaw and Draymond Greene are both good for headlines.

Torc

Reaction score
Hypothetical question - if a player tackles another player on the sideline, and then while holding him down rips off his helmet and starts punching him, would you want the director of security (or any other human on the sideline, coach or not) to interfere? (this is obviously not what happened, just taking it to the next level for the sake of discussion) As a team, I'd rather have my really large head of security grab the puncher instead of my 72 year old head coach, or have a player risk injury by stepping in the way.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Greenlaw was not in the right, and I agree two wrongs don’t make a right, but it really looks like Greenlaw was extending his arm to point at AJ Brown while he was yelling at him. Dom “Mall Cop” DiSandro steps in the way and thats when Greenlaw contacted him. It wasn’t a punch. If Fat Dom had stayed out of it like he was supposed to, it never would have happened.

Greenlaw deserved the personal foul penalty not the ejection.
Agreed.

Reaction score
Hypothetical question - if a player tackles another player on the sideline, and then while holding him down rips off his helmet and starts punching him, would you want the director of security (or any other human on the sideline, coach or not) to interfere? (this is obviously not what happened, just taking it to the next level for the sake of discussion) As a team, I'd rather have my really large head of security grab the puncher instead of my 72 year old head coach, or have a player risk injury by stepping in the way.

Its not his job though. Let the players and the people who’s job (the refs) it is stop it.