Drew Stanton to start on Sunday after all?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":2727em17 said:
Just to clarify something. When Arians said Sunday it was meant as in a joke. As in the next time he plays it will be a Sunday. He didn't say which Sunday. ;)

Stanton will not be playing. He missed practice today.
Good to see you Ringless. I don't think anybody actually believes that Stanton would play regardless of what Arians is saying jokingly or not.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":3rnwk5q7 said:
Just to clarify something. When Arians said Sunday it was meant as in a joke. As in the next time he plays it will be a Sunday. He didn't say which Sunday. ;)

what do you think of your coach? in all honesty. tough guy to get a read on. I want to root for him. but i cant tell

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2uiiy1e7 said:
Drew Stanton was listed on Arizona's practise report today as 'Limited'.

There's also this:

Edward Cole ‏@edcole43 3m3 minutes ago
Arians said realistic best case for Stanton was Sunday. He looked serious when he said it. This is very interesting...

I'm not sure if rolling out Drew Stanton with a bad knee is a good thing for the Cardinals.

Might just be more smoke.
This game is for all the marbles, so who knows.
I think B.A. is counting on Palmer being the starting Quarterback next Season, so to some degree, I can see him taking the risk with Stanton, and hell, he'll have all off Season to heal up for the backup job next Year.

themunn

Reaction score
Hawks46":92xzcd74 said:
Arians is a sneaky bastard.

I'm not sure if he's trolling us, trying to distract away from Lindley, or what he's up to. I will say this, if Stanton's knee isn't right still, it would be a really bad idea.

They're already in the playoffs. Why damage your chances from that point ?

Because if they lose then we will almost certainly win the division and if they want to win the superbowl they will have to go and win 3 successive road games on the way. on the other hand, if they win, they almost certainly get a first round bye and a home game - possibly 2 if they get the #1 seed? meaning they get to play at a stadium where they'd be 8-0 this year and 14-2 over the last 2?

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2llppw42 said:
ringless":2llppw42 said:

what do you think of your coach? in all honesty. tough guy to get a read on. I want to root for him. but i cant tell

At first I wasn't too fond of him, but he has grown on me. He seems to know when to harp on players, and when to build their confidence. He can be really sarcastic at times, charismatic at others. I like him, he is straightforward with the players. They know if they are or are not meeting the standards he has. He makes great halftime adjustments, he puts players in the best position for them to succeed and makes sure he understands their strong points and weak points as to best utilize the talents they have. he has lead us to back to back 10 win seasons, and a lot of backups and nobodies are filling big players shoes. So at this point I can't really say much negative about him. It took awhile but he proved me wrong time and time again. He's a great coach, we have 3 great coaches in our division right now, soon to be two.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They could dust off Kurt Warner and bring out Rod Tidwell too.. it won't save them.

seahawks187

Reaction score
I'm sure they are incredibly worried about stanton .. lol Even if stanton was healthy 100% it wouldnt matter.. even if carson palmer played and was 100% healthy they wouldn't be worried.. my goodness.. If Arians is trying to play some kind of mind games he isn't doing it very well.. no one is worried about stanton give me a damn break with that nonsense

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This was pure gamesmanship by Arians. I'm sure Mike B and Avril would be licking their lips in anticipation of putting the thump on Stanton if he played with a wonky knee. I'm sure the Hawks will be bringing the heat on Lindley too. I'd love to see Irvin light up Lindley a few times early.

Latest posts