DT Chris Jones

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone caught his first 40 today....but the lady 12's would probably pick him.

penihawk

Reaction score
Well it says in the measurables 10 3/4, oh wait thats his hand size. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
Dick jokes aside, he had one of the best combine performances of any DT this year. He probably raised his draft stock a round or two.

I watched a couple of his games and while he looks the part physically, he's nothing more than an athlete playing DT. No real feel for any aspect of DT play. He's a project. I think he starts looking like a nice pick in the 5th round.

purpleneer

Reaction score
kearly":3hoeezhf said:
Dick jokes aside, he had one of the best combine performances of any DT this year. He probably raised his draft stock a round or two.

I watched a couple of his games and while he looks the part physically, he's nothing more than an athlete playing DT. No real feel for any aspect of DT play. He's a project. I think he starts looking like a nice pick in the 5th round.
I'm not sure I could disagree much more. Have you seen his tape vs LSU? I'm not going to say he doesn't have work to do, but I'm expecting by sometime in his third year, any redraft will have him near the top 10.

cover-2

Reaction score
purpleneer":3ghtgk3a said:
kearly":3ghtgk3a said:

I'm not sure I could disagree much more. Have you seen his tape vs LSU? I'm not going to say he doesn't have work to do, but I'm expecting by sometime in his third year, any redraft will have him near the top 10.

"Dick" Jones was also a disruptive force vs Arkansas. I think he'll be drafted in the 2nd round.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
kearly":9lsk8u2e said:

So your saying we found Sweezys replacement?

purpleneer

Reaction score
cover-2":2dptjsu8 said:
purpleneer":2dptjsu8 said:
kearly":2dptjsu8 said:

"Dick" Jones was also a disruptive force vs Arkansas. I think he'll be drafted in the 2nd round.
As many good players there are at the position, Jones is one of the few who is a real any-down player, an asset both against the run and providing noticeable pass-rush ability.

firebee

Reaction score
I still like Billings and Henry more. Letting off when the ball starts to get away from you and not going full force through the whistle, even when it seems unlikely that you'll make a play is a real downer for me when I look at players. I don't like seeing players let off and watch a RB scamper away because they feel like they're too far away to make a play.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
cover-2":gi66lvfb said:
purpleneer":gi66lvfb said:
kearly":gi66lvfb said:

I know who my adopt a rookie will be if we draft him...

Latest posts