DT Malik McDowell expected to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think it is hilarious that some here think this "wasn't a bad pick because someone else may have picked him soon after".

Choke on that for a moment folks!!

:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":yb1kjcim said:
I think it is hilarious that some here think this "wasn't a bad pick because someone else may have picked him soon after".

How is picking a player where he was suppose to be picked a "bad" pick.

You guys are some of the greatest hindsight general managers in the history of sports, you should throw your applications into the hat next year when GM jobs open up before the batteries in your crystal balls run out.

McDowell was no worse of a risk pick than Frank Clark, in fact he wasn't even close to the risk of what Clark was arrested and kicked of the Michigan team for...................haven't heard you guys complain once about that pick.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2z6xl3x2 said:
Seymour":2z6xl3x2 said:

You guys are some of the greatest hindsight general managers in the history of sports, you should throw your applications into the hat next year when GM jobs open up before the batteries in your crystal balls run out.

McDowell was no worse of a risk pick than Frank Clark, in fact he wasn't even close to the risk of what Clark was arrested and kicked of the Michigan team for...................haven't heard you guys complain once about that pick.

Because most of the intelligent teams (which now includes us in 2018....yeah for progress!) had him off their boards because he is an arrogant moron!!

Other than that...great pick!!

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3u8868gs said:
Seymour":3u8868gs said:

Exactly. What kind of player do you gamble on? Picks with high ceiling - and McDowell had Calais Campbell ceiling. It justified the gamble. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

This was a little different than the gambles Seattle has been making on the OL (Odhiambo, Glowinski, Fant, Ifedi). Those were guys with immense tools, enough to make them Pro Bowl offensive linemen if they mastered the technical side, but about as much established technique as I have. That puts them on the next tier down from McDowell in terms of gambles, which wouldn't be so bad when it comes to Odh, Glow, and Fant given that they were cheap - except we drafted so many of them and relied upon all of them to comprise a line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":17ybmrtz said:
Sgt. Largent":17ybmrtz said:
Seymour":17ybmrtz said:

Because most of the intelligent teams (which now includes us in 2018....yeah for progress!) had him off their boards because he is an arrogant moron!!

You don't know what "intelligent teams" had them off their boards. Again, your hindsight alarm is going off Seymour. Pure unadulterated speculation.........and us in 2018? You mean the team that just got some of the worst draft grades in the league? Safe doesn't = "intelligent." You're doing what the experts are doing, speculating.

There's only one true constant in the draft, no one knows until years later.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mqnkkg2 said:
Seymour":2mqnkkg2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mqnkkg2 said:
Seymour":2mqnkkg2 said:

You don't know what "intelligent teams" had them off their boards. Again, your hindsight alarm is going off Seymour. Pure unadulterated speculation.........and us in 2018? You mean the team that just got some of the worst draft grades in the league? Safe doesn't = "intelligent." You're doing what the experts are doing, speculating.

Draft grades don't win championships!!

I have trouble reading some of the things I see here knowing some believe what they are trying to sell. :?:

Carry on....Go back to quoting what Kiper thinks.... :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No fans know how many teams had him off their boards. Just a bunch of so called "experts" or "insiders" who claim to know more than they do. They took a chance, it didn't work out. Time to move on.
And Grades? Grades mean absolutely NOTHING.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3firbij6 said:
No fans know how many teams had him off their boards. Just a bunch of so called "experts" or "insiders" who claim to know more than they do. They took a chance, it didn't work out. Time to move on.

I'd love to move on. Unfortunately he is still with the team so he will still be a valid subject.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2g5pcmxv said:
Sgt. Largent":2g5pcmxv said:
Seymour":2g5pcmxv said:
Sgt. Largent":2g5pcmxv said:

I have trouble reading some of the things I see here knowing some believe what they are trying to sell. :?:

How is what Kiper does different than what you're doing? At least he predicts, and doesn't criticize after the fact.

I hope this draft class is great, and I agree grades are nonsense. But we don't know if any of these players will be good, just like we didn't know if McDowell would be good after we picked him.

He was criticized for not hustling and having immaturity issues...........not "could be involved in serious ATV accidents."

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":384abyq8 said:
Dwelling on something over and over again is productive? Ok :lol:

Nope, it's conversation and difference in opinion and beliefs which makes it something to discuss. Kindof how forums work.

It's May 21, start an interesting new thread and I'll join you! :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16axck7y said:
Seymour":16axck7y said:
Sgt. Largent":16axck7y said:
Seymour":16axck7y said:

How is what Kiper does different than what you're doing? At least he predicts, and doesn't criticize after the fact.

I hope this draft class is great, and I agree grades are nonsense. But we don't know if any of these players will be good, just like we didn't know if McDowell would be good after we picked him.

He was criticized for not hustling and having immaturity issues...........not "could be involved in serious ATV accidents."

What the???

He built his entire career criticizing teams after the pick? What are you talking about?

Even a draft grade is a criticism of the pick after the fact for those that got low grades!

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/jon-gruden-mel-kiper-jr-russell-wilson-video/132215

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ptjxfin said:
Ok Seymour, let's see....did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? :229031_victory:

No...but I know he belongs there!! :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That had to be an all time record for mentioning where a player was from over a 2 week span leading up to the Super Bowl :pukeface:

Seymour

Reaction score
Duh....how could I forget that exercise in ridiculousness!!

Hey....you were suppose to be trying to calm me down! :141847_bnono: :lol:

truehawksfan

Reaction score
2017 Draft selections -In order 35-46
35. Malik McDowell (DL)
36. Budda Baker (S)
37. Zay Jones (WR)
38. Forrest Lamp (G)
39. Marcus Maye (S)
40. Curtis Samuel (WR)
41. Dalvin Cook (RB)
42. Marcus Williams (S)
43. Sidney Jones (CB)
44. Gerald Everett (TE)
45. Adam Sheeham (TE)

I didn't research anyone of these guys, but that's my point. If you don't them, it means they didn't do a whole last season. So, while I'm not going to say these are the worst pick by those teams....they not good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts