Duane Brown Back to Practice for Seahawks

sutz

Reaction score
Not suprising. No way they were gonna start sacrificing game checks. :mrgreen:

Wags just had a minor cleanup procedure. Probably just had to wait for the stitches to heal. They can do an amazing amount of things through pretty small incisions these days.

seabowl

Reaction score
He really accomplished a lot with causing the drama. Let him play out the year and walk after that. Diggs came back too and I would look to move him. No more with the bullshit malcontents.

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":7fo9d6qm said:
He really accomplished a lot with causing the drama. Let him play out the year and walk after that. Diggs came back too and I would look to move him. No more with the $h!t malcontents.

Yes they should shut up, play and do what there told. They need to remember their expendable. :sarcasm_off:

I guess yo some of you trying to take care of your future makes themselves malcontents how authoritarian of you.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The time off was better for Brown than the reps would have been, and it was a great chance to let Forsythe get an unusually high amount of reps for a rookie lineman here. That experience could be valuable this season if the line gets hit with the injury bug.

King Dog

Reaction score
John63":110bpwi7 said:
seabowl":110bpwi7 said:
He really accomplished a lot with causing the drama. Let him play out the year and walk after that. Diggs came back too and I would look to move him. No more with the $h!t malcontents.

Yes they should shut up, play and do what there told. They need to remember their expendable. :sarcasm_off:

I guess yo some of you trying to take care of your future makes themselves malcontents how authoritarian of you.

Insurance on Ferrari's is expensive

had2bhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":k04ig4wn said:

I really don't believe it's malcontent, might be "Trying to negotiate from belief of strength"
Bottom line, he is suited and on the field. That's a good thing!
We all will let it ride, unless #3 gets pounded by Paye.

John63

Reaction score
King Dog":1c8ckxrk said:
John63":1c8ckxrk said:
seabowl":1c8ckxrk said:

Insurance on Ferrari's is expensive

Maybe let's ask the owners who are worth more than the players, or the multi millionaire HC and GMs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smoke and Mirrors, people get baited way to easy, Diggs getting insurance against Covid and all, Brown being 36 doing the bookwork and conditioning but not playing and practicing till now.

Most starters have not played against live teams, Brown not stressing himself and staying healthy thru pre season is a bonus, we had to look at all the O lineman we brought in, I would wager he was coaching a lot, same with Diggs, remember how many Safeties we had in camp after all, we know what we have with Adams and Diggs.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I know the situations aren't identical, but didn't Walter Jones sit out to start each year? Or did he just miss the camp part and would be back by pre-season games?

Somos doces

Reaction score
AgentDib":1og8vtz3 said:
The time off was better for Brown than the reps would have been, and it was a great chance to let Forsythe get an unusually high amount of reps for a rookie lineman here. That experience could be valuable this season if the line gets hit with the injury bug.
+1 on this take.

godawg

Reaction score
And there were folks that said we should trade the malcontent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabowl

Reaction score
I have no problem with a team sitting players to save them for the season but Brown and Diggs unilaterally did this on their own. The optics are bad and they both have contracts that they willingly signed and are not abiding by them. I love that the team did not cave to their bush league tactics.

Jville

Reaction score
We'll I'm glad everybody involved at the VMAC is acting like adults.

It would seem that the front office is moving to a year to year understanding with Duane Brown. This very well could be his last year. So I look forward to taking in his play again this year.

Quandre Diggs is someone I'd prefer to see extended. Regardless, I look forward to seeing Diggs in action again this year.

And in any case, the news is good and the stars are aligning.

Duane Brown, Quandre Diggs return to practice to prepare for Seahawks opener, as expected >>> Read more here: [urltargetblank]https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article254042523.html#storylink=cpy[/urltargetblank]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is what makes John and Pete and their FO staff one of the best in the league.

They're fantastic at massaging tough contract and unhappy player situations with total transparency and empathy, and I think the players respond to that (for the most part).

I'm sure they've told both Brown and Diggs that they want them past 2021, and probably are going to tweak both their contracts for 2021 to give some incentive/performance based bonuses that will smooth things over until the extension talks are back on mid season or next off season.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37hcac32 said:
This is what makes John and Pete and their FO staff one of the best in the league.

They're fantastic at massaging tough contract and unhappy player situations with total transparency and empathy, and I think the players respond to that (for the most part).

I'm sure they've told both Brown and Diggs that they want them past 2021, and probably are going to tweak both their contracts for 2021 to give some incentive/performance based bonuses that will smooth things over until the extension talks are back on mid season or next off season.

JS and PC are good but these players came back so they don't lose a game check and not because of anything the team did.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Seems like the best case of the situation. The players wanted security and were not going to put themselves in unnecessary harm's way but didn't want to miss game checks. So sitting out till now minimised a practice injury. And the team doesn't cave but still gets the players starting week 1.

When I hear comments about the team "taking care of the guys" I have no idea how you can move money around to help them this year without actually giving them a new deal.

Jville

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1jx5fjb1 said:
Seems like the best case of the situation. The players wanted security and were not going to put themselves in unnecessary harm's way but didn't want to miss game checks. So sitting out till now minimised a practice injury. And the team doesn't cave but still gets the players starting week 1.

When I hear comments about the team "taking care of the guys" I have no idea how you can move money around to help them this year without actually giving them a new deal.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1435274742500663297[/tweet]