Steelers LB Devin Bush/Giants Safety Love visits Seahawks

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bush and Julian Love. Love was a full-time starter in 2022 and, in turn, delivered a career-best 70.9 PFF coverage grade,” writes PFF's Gordon McGuinness. “A more-than-capable tackler, Love has missed just 7.9% of his career attempts. This past season, he tied for fourth among all safeties with 30 tackles resulting in a defensive stop.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Julian Love is a solid player... would be a good get.

I liked Bush at Michigan... Steelers fans are happy he's leaving... but he's only 24, has mobility, and could be a solid pickup, especially if paired with *cough *cough, BWags. At least would be solid depth and would help in any "reach" scenarios in the draft --- where we could still hopefully snag Campbell, Sanders, etc.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a Ryan Neal replacement…?

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Also visiting is Lonnie Johnson CB former 2nd round pick.

Kinger95

Reaction score
At this point after signing dremont and reed how much money do we have left? I think we’re pretty much bargain shopping and I think bush is worth a shot if he’s not making much

bileever

Reaction score
At this point after signing dremont and reed how much money do we have left? I think we’re pretty much bargain shopping and I think bush is worth a shot if he’s not making much
Devin Bush is projected to get about $2.5 to 3 million a year, so not much. Julian Love would be a lot more expensive, like $8 to 9 million. What's the plan there? Replace Quandre Diggs with Love? That wouldn't make sense because Diggs would be a big cap hit. Replace Neal? Maybe in case Neal gets a big offer from another team that they don't want to match? But I think Diggs and Neal are both better than Love. (From NY, so I saw a few Giants games last year.) Most likely just due diligence on Pete and John's part.

Last edited:

Mizak

Reaction score
Why would we need CBs? We already got CB1 Woolen, CB2 Jackson/Brown, and NB1 Bryant.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Why would we need CBs? We already got CB1 Woolen, CB2 Jackson/Brown, and NB1 Bryant.
Ya honestly it’s one of our more solidified positions. Considering this is diggs last year because we can save like 17 mill by cutting him next offseason, we might lose neal and Adams can’t stay healthy and we have 0 linebackers i really don’t think corner is a priority. Our WR room is a mess behind Lockett and DK. If dk ever got injured or would be bad

sutz

Reaction score
Pete is a DB guy. That's how he rolls. He takes DBs virtually every draft, and they're always calling guys in for a look. 🤷‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I'll let them do their jobs and see how it all plays out. Nothing wrong with taking a look at guys for any position.

Hawknballs

Reaction score

Those are also basically our only CBs that aren't practice squad guys. Jackson was fine, Brown has been inconsistent tot he point where Jackson being just "fine" is the better option, and Bryant might be good but is still pretty raw.

Far from a solidified position, especially when you consider Pete's expertise and the fact that we are putting 3+ CBs out there most of the time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bush is an undersized LB that failed to develop into the super effective weak outside backer that everyone thought he could be coming out of Michigan.

Honestly, IMO he's a healthier version of what we already have in Adams. A box safety that can hit and run around. But also like Adams, that's not really a defined role on this defense. Hybrid safety/LB that can't really play either and isn't all that effective rushing the passer on blitzes, etc.

So yeah, talent is there. But no one knows where to play Bush to maximize his skillset. But you know Pete, he LOVES him some failed 1st rounders.

getnasty

Reaction score
Love makes absolutely zero sense to me. Even if we lose Neal it doesn't appear we'd have the money for Love to make sense. Maybe thinking of moving Adams to LB but that seems far fetched.