Ducks @ Spartans

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Well I guess Vernon Adams Jr is not Mariota 2.0 like everyone has been saying all off season long

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2yzt8c3o said:
Well I guess Vernon Adams Jr is not Mariota 2.0 like everyone has been saying all off season long

Or Russell Wilson 2.0

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mpt4eau said:
Hawkfan77":3mpt4eau said:

Or Russell Wilson 2.0

Not too concerned about his passing, will improve with more time with the receivers and the play book. I'm surprised at how slow he looks trying to run the ball though. I knew he was more shifty than fast, but he looks like he's running in concrete.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Cook, but his arm strength is WAY better than Adams'. Really surprised how unathletic Adams looked in this game.

His improvised left handed throw while being tackled was awesome though.

Tical21

Reaction score
Dunno if it was the gloves, but man the ball just looks ugly coming out of his hand. How does the Oregon future look at the position?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":gncvt939 said:
Dunno if it was the gloves, but man the ball just looks ugly coming out of his hand. How does the Oregon future look at the position?

The Ducks have missed on a few, and had a few QBs transfer out the last few years not wanting to wait their turn, which is the reason they had to bring in Vernon ADams in the first place.

Next year will be a battle between Jeff Lockie (the current backup who will be a Senior nexts year) and Travis Jonsen (he was Travis Waller up until this spring, but changed his name) who will be a redshirt freshman.

Lockie gives you smarts, Command of the play book. And a coach on the field. But nothing sexy. If I were to compare him to an NFL guy he'd be like a career backup who is good to have on the team but you hope never gets into a meaningful game.

Travis Jonsen will most likely be the starter next season. He was a 4 star recruit, has tons of athletic ability but is still pretty raw, i think he only played QB for year and a half in high school or something like that. Like UW's QB Browning he was an early enrollee so was able to be here for spring ball. Hopefully he'll take advantage of this redshirt year and be ready to go next season. From what i've heard the staff really likes him a lot and has high hopes for him. He kind of reminds me of Dennis Dixon who had a pretty good career at Oregon.

We've got 2 QB commits this year and sounds like a possibility that they might actually take a 3rd. So at the very least there will be a lot of competition next year. But I think Jonsen will be the guy and i'm pretty confident that he'll be good, but you never know.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Lockie will never start at Oregon. Adams has a broken knuckle, and Helf went with him anyways over Lockie. Jonson is the real deal, he will be a star next year.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Oregon biggest problem was really their inability to tackle. Just basic tackling ... was painful to watch.

CPHawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":5xmxwxv5 said:
Oregon biggest problem was really their inability to tackle. Just basic tackling ... was painful to watch.

The sad thing, it was better then last week. I actually think the d will be alright in a few more weeks. The secondary was the major issue, playing 3 so a jr and a true Fr playing a ton at corner. The last two years UO has started slowly, then by about the 6-7 game has kicked it in.

Latest posts