Dynasty/Legacy

12thbrah

Reaction score
Seahawks are much closer to being a dynasty than the Broncos are. Our core has a good 2-3 year window right now where we can win it all. Sucks we didn't make it back to the SB again this year but in a sense i'm glad our flaws were exposed so that the FO can bring in the talent we need to take back the NFC crown.

I think this team is capable of almost running the table like the Panthers did this season. Excited to see what this offense will be like with a full season of Russell, Rawls, Lockett, Graham and Angry DB.

raisethe3

Reaction score
One thing to compare defenses is that the Seattle defense led in few major categories. Interceptions, passing yards, total yards, etc.

I'd say Seattle is better.

Quorthon13

Reaction score
RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
1 Seattle 4668 291.8 3364 210.3 1304 81.5 277 17.3
4 Denver 4530 283.1 3193 199.6 1337 83.6 296 18.5

Also - not sure why people are thinking the Denver Def is historically good, they weren't even the best defense this year, 4th in PPG, and only 8 YPG better the Sea.....

I would take 1.2 PPG over 8 YPG anytime.

Seahawks Def in 2015 was good, but not close to historical(like 2013 Sea), so a Def that is not quite as good as 2015 Sea shouldn't even be in the conversation.

shawnsim

Reaction score
There is a video up on NFL.com discussing the best defenses right now. Super bowl defenses.
We are #1 the Broncos come in around #5.

I can't authenticate the statements veracity as I am at work right now but, its there.

Edited because Quarthan nailed it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
In my eyes being a dynasty means being the concessus best team in a given time period. If we win the Superbowl next year this should be given some attention as attending 3 Superbowls (winning 2) in 4 years is really impressive in these times.

If we're looking at the 2013-present stretch so far I wouldn't say we are without a doubt the best as the Broncos performed just as well and the Patriots aren't far off either. Winning another one would seperate us though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3cn4o0c4 said:
Sgt. Largent":3cn4o0c4 said:
seahawkfreak":3cn4o0c4 said:
Why do you say we aren't anywhere near a dynasty? I'd be interested to know what your opinion of what a dynasty is.

Google football dynasties, and every example will teams like the 70's Steelers, 90's Niners, etc that won AT LEAST 2-3 SB's within a short window of time.

How can a team that's only won one SB and lost another the next year be considered a "dynasty?" The very definition of the word means successive or sequence.

Ok, so if we win next year there's 2 out of 4. How is that not close?

Now you're talking.

I'd still say we would need to win two more during the next 3-4 years to truly be considered a "dynasty." Large gaps between championships aren't helping your cause when trying to establish the word dynasty.

The Patriots are probably the last dynasty-esque team, winning in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

Latest posts