EAGLES @ 49ERS

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkWow":2k7r1o2z said:
They, along with the rest of the NFCW will be swept this year. This is a bet I'd be comfortable making.

will definitely take you up on that. Money or anything else. Name it and let's do it.

kearly

Reaction score
Read option teams like the Eagles are known for their passing, but the reality is that these Chip Kelly style of teams live and die by the run. You eliminate the RBs from the game, and their offense implodes.

Very impressive 2nd half by the 49ers defense and running game.

Kaepernick had some very silly mental mistakes in the 2nd half. The worst of them was his timeout before a punt. Have to say, things looked pretty strained between Harbaugh and Kaep after that play. If the 49ers get back to winning games, that kind of stuff probably isn't going to matter. But it's something to keep an eye on if this season gets ugly for Santa Clara.

I think Harbaugh might be best suited for the NCAA. He's a great NFL coach, but NFL football is extremely stressful pretty much every week and he handles stress so poorly. At least if he were in college, he could build a juggernaut team that plays maybe 3 stressful games a year instead of 12 of them.

Northhawk

Reaction score
On that 4th and goal at the end, how does Foles not run it in?

He could done the Monty Python silly walk and still crossed the line before anyone would have touched him.

Northhawk

Reaction score
kearly":mwu3kfb9 said:
Have to say, things looked pretty strained between Harbaugh and Kaep after that play. If the 49ers get back to winning games, that kind of stuff probably isn't going to matter. But it's something to keep an eye on if this season gets ugly for Santa Clara.

I think Harbaugh might be best suited for the NCAA. He's a great NFL coach, but NFL football is extremely stressful pretty much every week and he handles stress so poorly. At least if he were in college, he could build a juggernaut team that plays maybe 3 stressful games a year instead of 12 of them.

Ya, I know that's his shtick but it really feeling old and counter productive. As a player, there's really only one way to survive a coach like that and that's tuning them out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3i9c7q5s said:
HawkWow":3i9c7q5s said:
They, along with the rest of the NFCW will be swept this year. This is a bet I'd be comfortable making.

will definitely take you up on that. Money or anything else. Name it and let's do it.

LOL. I admire your willingness to stand behind your team, with an assist from Zona and STL ; ), but I have as many 9er fans around here as you have in Santa Clara. Finding a less anonymous party to take my bet won't be difficult. But I do appreciate your consideration in regards to this matter.

As an aside, and one reason behind my confidence, You guys barely escaped the broom two years running, now. This year? We know you, you don't know us (Harvin). That and 13 is my lucky number.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":3ber6io6 said:
loafoftatupu":3ber6io6 said:
rlkats":3ber6io6 said:
In the end they held a very explosive offense to 0 points and the team dug deep and won the game

Sounds legit.

Don't know about the bi-polar part.

Niners won a game I think they should have won, with defense and the running game. They are certainly not the same team we know, especially on the O-Line.
Davis x2 injured? Status? Brooks has dropped off a bit but the defense did a great job of keeping the Eagles off the field. Did themselves a big favor.

This was a game i was very much not wanting to watch. The eagles are crazy explosive and have the weapons to give the niners fits.

The bi polar part was just Stirring the post. Nothing serious.
The way I saw it, the situation was like week 3 last year. They needed to not over complicate things and get back to running the ball. They managed to do so in STL last year and repeated that behavior, using up a lot of clock is a must have against Philly.

The Niners feast on teams like Philly. Finesse on both sides of the ball and an offense willing to hang the defense out to dry. It's already bad enough for them that the Niners would own TOP in a big way by running the ball, but then Philly gladly will go 3 and out while using around a minute each drive. Lol.. they literally had a couple 6 play drives that lasted less than 90 seconds. The Niners had the ball for nearly 3 full quarters and that is no joke. What did they think was going to happen once their defense wore down?

GREAT GAME PLAN against a power run team with a good defense on the road. Once they realized the Niners wouldn't allow them to just score at will they could have adjusted. Not Philly. They had a LEAD and they kept doing that. Hahaha!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1r92ikqj said:
Lol.

You guys are funny.

I'm not ALLOWED to call this a win? Seriously?

Niners outgained the Eagles 2-1. The Niner D held the Eagles O to ZERO points. Niners ran for over 200 yards.

Was it always pretty? No way. Still to many penalties and too many shots to the foot. Ya know what tho? A win is a win is a win.
I call it a win.... and I called it a win before the game and even at halftime.

The football gods tried to make it a game, but a team like that can't hang with a real defense and offense that can run the ball. The funniest part was the way Kelly called the game with an 11 point lead. Sure, he tried to run, but he had McCoy running sideways and after going out of bounds he had Foles snapping the ball with 25 seconds om the play clock the next play.

GENIUS!!!

I just hope that he remains true to his style when the Hawks show up in Philly. He has to be stubborn enough.

:)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
rlkats":1lgn14yy said:
Hahaha you guys are so bi polar its crazy. If this was a hawks game all of you would say what in going to say.

Did they deserve to win. No.
Did they gift them 21 points. Yup
Did kapernick play like garbage. I think he did.
Was it a good win for a team looking for their first home win. Yes
Did they get some penalties given. Yup

In the end they held a very over rated offense to 0 points and the team dug deep and won the game

FIFY.

rlkats

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3r13mo7d said:
rlkats":3r13mo7d said:
Hahaha you guys are so bi polar its crazy. If this was a hawks game all of you would say what in going to say.

Did they deserve to win. No.
Did they gift them 21 points. Yup
Did kapernick play like garbage. I think he did.
Was it a good win for a team looking for their first home win. Yes
Did they get some penalties given. Yup

In the end they held a very over rated offense to 0 points and the team dug deep and won the game

FIFY.

Wow just read my quote. I meant to say. A very powerful rated offense. Not over rated. Sorry.

Also in not savy with the abbreviation fify. What does that mean. Lol. Thanks.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I had to rush my morning obligations to watch this game. What a dumpster fire of a game it was. Just laughing and imagining what Eagle fans were feeling like in the second half. Probably feeling like AP around naughty kids.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Northhawk":2a689ke3 said:

He could done the Monty Python silly walk and still crossed the line before anyone would have touched him.

I don't think there was anyway he would have made it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seanhawk":by1b1ug3 said:
Northhawk":by1b1ug3 said:

I don't think there was anyway he would have made it.

Neither do I.

Kearly nailed the Eagle's weakness. They rely on the run to set up the pass just as was the case for Kelly at Oregon. Hence the loss of linemen is really killer for them.

Seattle should be able to make the Eagles one dimensional.

dracolich81

Reaction score
After the niners performance today...I seriously can't wait for us to play them!

chris98251

Reaction score
I would be more inclined to worry that this win builds confidence with the 49ers, sometimes winning Lucky if you will is the start of a trend and then a belief that you can win. They will get players back and if you can survive the injury storm all of a sudden things click.

We have been there with our DB's and O line getting hurt and finding ways to win.

I don't think it's wise to discredit a team that is a wounded animal and still has teeth.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":36ijys4f said:
Marvin49":36ijys4f said:
Lol.

You guys are funny.

Niners outgained the Eagles 2-1. The Niner D held the Eagles O to ZERO points. Niners ran for over 200 yards.

Was it always pretty? No way. Still to many penalties and too many shots to the foot. Ya know what tho? A win is a win is a win.

The football gods tried to make it a game, but a team like that can't hang with a real defense and offense that can run the ball. The funniest part was the way Kelly called the game with an 11 point lead. Sure, he tried to run, but he had McCoy running sideways and after going out of bounds he had Foles snapping the ball with 25 seconds om the play clock the next play.

GENIUS!!!

I just hope that he remains true to his style when the Hawks show up in Philly. He has to be stubborn enough.

Thank You.

Lol. These peeps talking like the Niners were lucky to win are cracking me up. The Eagles were lucky to even be in the game.

ALL of their points came on returns. ALL OF THEM. Through 3 quarters the Eagles had about 100 yards of offense. They ended with 213. By comparison, the 49ers RUSHED for 218. Niners had more rushing yards than the Eagled had TOTAL yards. The Eagle offense was on he 49ers side of the field ONCE. Shady had 17 yards rushing.

The 49ers won TOP 42 and Change to 17 and change.

Niners did all of this to a 3-0 team while down Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Tramaine Brock, Glenn Dorsey, and lost Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis, and for a time during the game Joe Staley.

If not for a pick 6 and two special teams miscues, this game would have been seen as a total A$$kicking. These returns were some sloppy special teams and a mistake on a trick coverage by Kap.

If you guys are looking at this game like "wow, totally lucky win", you need to take off the blue sunglasses. It wasn't as pretty as it should have been, but the game shouldn't have even been close.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Marvin49":3qwoexh3 said:
loafoftatupu":3qwoexh3 said:
Marvin49":3qwoexh3 said:
Lol.

You guys are funny.

GENIUS!!!

Thank You.

Lol. These peeps talking like the Niners were lucky to win are cracking me up. The Eagles were lucky to even be in the game.

ALL of their points came on returns. ALL OF THEM. Through 3 quarters the Eagles had about 100 yards of offense. They ended with 213. By comparison, the 49ers RUSHED for 218. Niners had more rushing yards than the Eagled had TOTAL yards. The Eagle offense was on he 49ers side of the field ONCE. Shady had 17 yards rushing.

Niners did all of this to a 3-0 team while down Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Tramaine Brock, Glenn Dorsey, and lost Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis, and for a time during the game Joe Staley.

If not for a pick 6 and two special teams miscues, this game would have been seen as a total A$$kicking. These returns were some sloppy special teams and a mistake on a trick coverage by Kap.

If you guys are looking at this game like "wow, totally lucky win", you need to take off the blue sunglasses. It wasn't as pretty as it should have been, but the game shouldn't have even been close.

C'mon Marv you know to these guys it didn't mean shit cause we only won by 5 not 6 and we did it in regulation time not in sudden death OT

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rl9dpso said:
loafoftatupu":3rl9dpso said:
Marvin49":3rl9dpso said:
Lol.

You guys are funny.

GENIUS!!!

Thank You.

We're just happy that you're happy, Marv.

Your run defense looked good. Foles was his own worst enemy today and his o-line didn't do much to help. Some of the decision making was downright Kaepernickian. First and goal and they couldn't punch it in. Don't deserve to win if you cant get that done.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hate to agree with a Niner fan, but Marv's right, the 9ers dominated Philly. Take away their run game and the Eagles fold. Foles got exposed finally and he looked really bad in his decision making. The 9ers defense looked pretty damned good out there today. Their only flaw is really Kaepernick. Much as they love him, the guy is inconsistent on his passing accuracy. He can rifle in a sniper shot for a TD vs the Hawks one game and throw some pretty bad looking passes against a terrible Eagles defense another day. Even Harbaugh looked fed up with it today. That, more than anything, is why the 9ers are not likely to win it all. But they were not lucky to win today, the Eagles were lucky to even be in that game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":gey7qbia said:
Marvin49":gey7qbia said:
loafoftatupu":gey7qbia said:
Marvin49":gey7qbia said:
Lol.

You guys are funny.

GENIUS!!!

Thank You.

We're just happy that you're happy, Marv.

Your run defense looked good. Foles was his own worst enemy today and his o-line didn't do much to help. Some of the decision making was downright Kaepernickian. First and goal and they couldn't punch it in. Don't deserve to win if you can get that done.

Lol.

It's all good Laloosh. Peeps here just make me laugh sometimes. Honestly, the peeps I respect most in this forum have for the most part nailed the game down to what it was.

I'd love it if the could have won 40-0, but silly ST mistakes and Kap taking the bait on a trap play were the only reasons it was close.

Latest posts