Eagles Extend Bradford for 2 Years

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":rqdfdcza said:
It's not really that cheap if you're paying both Kap and Gabbert though.

Kaps Salary is 11.9 M. Gabberts is 1.4.

The actual cap number if they are on the roster together tho is 15.8 for Kap and 2.2 for Gabbert (includes prorated bonus, Roster bonus, etc). 2.4 of that for Kap they will pay regardless vs the cap because they have already paid him that money (signing bonus).

IE, the cap charge for BOTH of them is around 18 (and actually $3 mill or so lower)....or roughly exactly what Bradford is making by himself.

I'm not selling Kap as having a huge comeback season or anything of the kind, but given THOSE numbers, I'd take Kap and Gabbert in a heartbeat over Bradford.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I don't get this extension, it's like that dump truck coin game at the arcade, you hope that pouring more money into it will give you a higher return in arcade tickets (investment).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wacky NFL...Arian Foster, Roddy White, and Mario Williams are all released by their respective teams but Eagles extend the underachieving Sam Bradford for another couple of years. Below average QBs are a hot commodity these days.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Marvin49":11i0dozq said:
Archer":11i0dozq said:

The actual cap number if they are on the roster together tho is 15.8 for Kap and 2.2 for Gabbert (includes prorated bonus, Roster bonus, etc). 2.4 of that for Kap they will pay regardless vs the cap because they have already paid him that money (signing bonus).

IE, the cap charge for BOTH of them is around 18 (and actually $3 mill or so lower)....or roughly exactly what Bradford is making by himself.

I'm not selling Kap as having a huge comeback season or anything of the kind, but given THOSE numbers, I'd take Kap and Gabbert in a heartbeat over Bradford.

If you have two quarterbacks you have none. You're not exactly saving money going into the year the way you are. Neither situation is ideal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":2op4jrxb said:
Marvin49":2op4jrxb said:
Archer":2op4jrxb said:

If you have two quarterbacks you have none. You're not exactly saving money going into the year the way you are. Neither situation is ideal.

LOL.

Thats a rather huge understatement. :D Never suggested the 49ers situation was "ideal".

All I'm sayin is I'd take the Niner QBs at their price over Bradford alone. I'd kinda like to see what Chip could do with Kap, but I also want them to draft a guy semi-early (IE, not with the 7th overall pick).

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Oh to be a football agent with a QB client. Brock Osweiller set to get north of $15m/per with only 7 career starts under his belt.

rideaducati

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3042rgvm said:
Tech Worlds":3042rgvm said:
They should have just signed TJack once free agency begins.

Man, I was reading an eagles forum yesterday out of curiosity about how Philly fans felt about resigning Bradford. One guy basically said they had to sign Bradford because the alternative was to sign a FA QB and start a rebuild. I laughed because TJack would be one of the guys they could sign and this guy presented exactly what PC and JS did as the greater of two evils.

Tarvaris wouldn't be able to learn the Eagles playbook before the 2027 season. He has been with the same system for over a decade and still sucks. He couldn't crack the top 4 QB spots in Buffalo two years ago because he sucks. He would suck just as much with the Eagles. Bradford can at least win a starting job in a new offense, Tarvaris has NEVER even done that.

Latest posts