Eagles have injury problems at LB and LT

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely not. This team has WAY more injuries than Philly does. And to 3 of their best EVER players on D.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I went to last years game here and even though we won by 11, the game seemed way closer than that.

Wentz reminds me of Big Ben, you really need to lay the wood on him to get him down. Sunday night is going to be ugly.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":311dyl8t said:
Beating the 1-win 49ers really lifted spirits around here, but I think after we lose (rightfully so) to the best team in the NFC Sunday, everyone's going to be wondering why they expected anything different.

We know who this Seahawks team is this year. They're the same team that lost to Washington at home. If they're going to beat the Eagles, they have to field a different team with different coaching. Business as usual loses this game, simple as that.

I'd agree with you if these teams were blowing us out.

We're hanging with each of these teams and just not closing the deal in the 4th. It doesn't indicate some yawning talent disparity.

djb28

Reaction score
I love it when the boards are like this. We always lose when we expect the win! :0190l:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
"I hope the coaches use some creativity."

Lol. Right...One thing this staff will not be labeled is creative, especially on defense.

The Eagles injury concerns are overstated. They are crushing teams despite the injuries.

Seahawks better be ready to play Sunday. A 3rd straight home loss is hard to digest.

HawkerD

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2jv9llfg said:
Still gotta' play the games. I can see why people expect a loss. But I also can see why people think we can win. All a matter of opinion. Assuming a loss, meh. Where's the fun in that?

Of course we can win...the game hasn't happened yet! An analysis of all the factors heavily favor the Eagles. But then again, of course we can win...the game hasn't happened yet!

Hawks fans should root for their team and hope they win. Hope is different. Kind of like faith. Most people have never seen God but many believe in him.

Imagine that there were no point spreads or money line. Even money...Hawks or Eagles. Almost all money would be on the Eagles. Of course we can win...the game hasn't happened yet!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Those injuries seem to be causing them no issues! They can mitigate the effect of the backup LT because their other four OL are all top 10 at least and many top 5 at their respective positions. Also, Big V is probably better than Ifedi and he's a backup. Their defense is still raw and has no weaknesses. They were supposed to be weak at CB, but PRob has been balling and Roby came back so that position is now a strength.

It will take a miraculous performance to beat these guys.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bx1a5tw said:
I think the game is a toss up, just my own opinion.

I’m not trying to stir up a controversy here or anything but just based off your eye test between both beams, what leads you to believe this is a “toss up”?

Have you watched much of the Eagles this year? I’m just asking because I am genuinely curious as to your opinion on what you are seeing. I’m an Eagles fan and I’m pretty much adapted to this team finding a way to disappoint me year in and year out so while I am pretty confident in the Eagles here, I am not writing it in as a win (at least not in permanent marker)....but I’m just very curious as to your justification, if you don’t mind.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":2a52to9x said:
They were supposed to be weak at CB, but PRob has been balling and Roby came back so that position is now a strength.

It will take a miraculous performance to beat these guys.

Darby, but close enough :)

But yes, the play of Patrick Robinson has been astonishing this year. I can’t tell you how much I disliked that signing in the off-season but boy has it worked out. The young kids have played really well, too. Jalen Mills was a 7th round rookie last year and struggled mightily but he’s been good for the most part this year and then Rasul Douglas (Rookie) was starting opposite of Mills while Darby was out and he played well too so yes, the secondary was considered the weak link coming into the year, especially before the Darby trade but it’s turned out to be very good although of course the pass rush is helping.

Doesn’t sound like they will play Sidney Jones IV this year either so he will be another added piece going forward.

Seymour

Reaction score
2 things that WILL bring a W.

Dline steps up and makes their QB wish he Wentz home.

Russell, Pete and Bevel come to play 4 quarters and no turnovers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks rarely get blown out, and their Prime Time record is unreal under Carroll. Wilson can carry the team in the clutch. Philly has a great record, but have beaten one team with a winning record. Hawks stay in every game they play, regardless. Hawks have their backs against the wall, people are starting to count them out etc. That's a good thing for this team. They thrive on people telling them what they can't do. Hawks can put up some points on them, especially in the red zone w/Graham. Good luck covering him one on one.
They will have to play their best game of the year, and avoid the stupid penalties that kill drives or that extend drives for Philly. I wouldn't bet on the game at all, mainly because of all the injuries on the D for the Hawks. But in our house, w/all that is on the line, I really like our chances. Home field is massive in Seattle, and that noise will be a factor. Shoot, when the Hawks were making that comeback against Atlanta, make no mistake about it, the place was very loud.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":skfrslrr said:
Oh brother. Fine, the Eagles are the greatest team in the history of the NFL and can't be knocked off. Better?
The fans act scared of so many teams, at least I know the team isn't intimidated.
LOL, Look at it this way, "We Play Down To The Competition" won't apply.
Realistically?, we have a good shot at winning this game, but even if we do, some around here (Like my Ex Wife), will still find something to bitch about.
To them I say, go ahead & jump off the Fan-Wagon. :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, there will be some reason behind why they pull of the upset. Seeing how they seem to have absolutely no shot to win. May as well just not show up :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1pkub5jc said:
Beating the 1-win 49ers really lifted spirits around here, but I think after we lose (rightfully so) to the best team in the NFC Sunday, everyone's going to be wondering why they expected anything different.

We know who this Seahawks team is this year. They're the same team that lost to Washington at home. If they're going to beat the Eagles, they have to field a different team with different coaching. Business as usual loses this game, simple as that.

It's kinda sad that this is our Super Bowl. And Philly is playing for nothing but pride. They're gonna be care-free and having fun out there, and we're gonna be trying to prove we're still relevant. We're the sad old men of the NFC right now.

Nothing to see here folks, just more crap from a QUITTERS' post ^^^^^^^
Not going to let you be happy with a win...^^^
I'm not surprised though, because they are miserable, and can't stand the thought of others gleaning the bright side, they will poison the happy well...Because that's what QUITTERS' ALWAYS do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33m6k3tj said:
Someone should take the "we" out of their post. Wow
Nope, he's got a turd in his pocket, so therefore, the "We" in his downer post is correct.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":27yu9ess said:
Newsflash!!

Seahawks have injury problems at LT, RB1, RB2, RB3, DE2, SS1, CB1. All were starters, all are out.

If this is about an advantage do to injury then I suggest to think again.

BS, "Next Man Up" is still viable Seymour.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2o7wws9u said:
Seymour":2o7wws9u said:
Newsflash!!

Seahawks have injury problems at LT, RB1, RB2, RB3, DE2, SS1, CB1. All were starters, all are out.

If this is about an advantage do to injury then I suggest to think again.

BS, "Next Man Up" is still viable Seymour.

I 100% agree. That doesn't mean we do not lose talent and strength with that next man though.

Did you read the post I responded too though? My point is, we are in no position to claim advantage with injuries.