Eagles have injury problems at LB and LT

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":a7a089il said:
I think the game is a toss up, just my own opinion.

Well admittedly that could be said of any game involving two decent teams. In an era of parity, any given sunday.

But I expect us to lose, will be elated when we win and will be screaming on defense just like always.

As long as Russell is healthy, anything is possible. And that seems to go both ways.

RussB

Reaction score
Seahawks will dominate in a huge upset. This game will be a true beatdown.

adeltaY

Reaction score
xkj1985x":25o95jkr said:
adeltaY":25o95jkr said:
They were supposed to be weak at CB, but PRob has been balling and Roby came back so that position is now a strength.

It will take a miraculous performance to beat these guys.

Darby, but close enough :)

But yes, the play of Patrick Robinson has been astonishing this year. I can’t tell you how much I disliked that signing in the off-season but boy has it worked out. The young kids have played really well, too. Jalen Mills was a 7th round rookie last year and struggled mightily but he’s been good for the most part this year and then Rasul Douglas (Rookie) was starting opposite of Mills while Darby was out and he played well too so yes, the secondary was considered the weak link coming into the year, especially before the Darby trade but it’s turned out to be very good although of course the pass rush is helping.

Doesn’t sound like they will play Sidney Jones IV this year either so he will be another added piece going forward.

Gahdammit my bad. Roby is the Broncos third string CB, should've known that.

Why is Robinson so good? I'd never heard of him before.

Steve2222

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2v7jk219 said:
SoulfishHawk":2v7jk219 said:
They've beaten only one team with a winning record.

So have we.

Boy, was THAT discouraging to find out.

To be fair, Houston is probably at least a 7 win team right now with Deshaun Watson. We played and beat Houston at their absolute best.

Also, the Eagles last three games have come against a Brock Osweiler (imo him and Paxton Lynch are the two worst QBs in the NFL) led Broncos who have quit on their coach, a Zeke, Sean Lee and Tyron Smith absent Cowboys who have been blown out three games in a row, and a hapless Bears team starting a completely lost rookie QB. The Eagles have played I believe 1 road game the past month in a half.

Sure we’ve beat up on some scrubs, but SF is a feisty 1 win team that we always battle with. The score doesn’t show it, but we won that game pretty convincingly.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The cowboys without Zeke, Lee, Smith are still WAY better than the niners and the Eagles destroyed them in the second half of that game. The Broncos are probably comparable to the Niners at this point and the Eagles put 51 on them. They've beaten up on bad teams moreso than we have.

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":1hcxhe8a said:
The cowboys without Zeke, Lee, Smith are still WAY better than the niners and the Eagles destroyed them in the second half of that game. The Broncos are probably comparable to the Niners at this point and the Eagles put 51 on them. They've beaten up on bad teams moreso than we have.

I have little doubt we’d beat the Broncos by no less than 3 TDs ourselves. Again, the 49ers always battle us tough and for the most part they’ve been a pesky out the whole year. This Seahawks team isn’t going to blow teams out this year. That’s not their MO. That in no way means they can’t beat the Eagles.

The last time the Seahawks were backed in a corner and no one in the country gave them a shot they ended up beating the New England Patriots.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Steve2222":2eywilkg said:
The last time the Seahawks were backed in a corner and no one in the country gave them a shot they ended up beating the New England Patriots.

Can we stop with this "no one giving them a shot" thing? I would be willing to go out on a limb and guess that when the "expert picks" come out across the board this week, it'll probably be pretty close to a 50/50 split. Let's not act like suddenly the Seahawks are the Browns.

As an Eagles fan, I was very pessimistic about them winning this game back in April. I'm much more confident now but by no means am I thinking they are going to come in and curb stomp the Seahawks....I don't see that even a little bit. I expect a hard fought game.

Especially because this game means a whole hell of a lot more to Seattle right now than it does Philadelphia. Philadelphia essentially has a two game lead on HFA right now (Vikings are one game back but Eagles have better conference record and so I believe they'd win any tiebreaker) and the rest of the teams have at least three losses. Philly can drop one and still control their own destiny for HFA meanwhile a loss for the Seahawks here really hurts their chase at a division crown or a wildcard.

It's going to be very tough.

Steve2222

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1hpk85q6 said:
Steve2222":1hpk85q6 said:

Can we stop with this "no one giving them a shot" thing? I would be willing to go out on a limb and guess that when the "expert picks" come out across the board this week, it'll probably be pretty close to a 50/50 split. Let's not act like suddenly the Seahawks are the Browns.

As an Eagles fan, I was very pessimistic about them winning this game back in April. I'm much more confident now but by no means am I thinking they are going to come in and curb stomp the Seahawks....I don't see that even a little bit. I expect a hard fought game.

Especially because this game means a whole hell of a lot more to Seattle right now than it does Philadelphia. Philadelphia essentially has a two game lead on HFA right now (Vikings are one game back but Eagles have better conference record and so I believe they'd win any tiebreaker) and the rest of the teams have at least three losses. Philly can drop one and still control their own destiny for HFA meanwhile a loss for the Seahawks here really hurts their chase at a division crown or a wildcard.

lmao the expert picks for the Falcons/Seahawks on ESPN only 1 person took the Hawks. Everyone on BR took the Falcons. Why the hell would any of them see the Seahawks beating the Eagles? In case you don’t watch national sports shows, everyone has given up on the Seahawks lol.

If I knew you in real life I’d easily take a $100 bet that not even 25% take the Seahawks

I just saw that you’re an Eagles fan. Uhhhh yeah lol nobody’s taking Seattle in this game

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Steve2222":1ahdaat8 said:
xkj1985x":1ahdaat8 said:
Steve2222":1ahdaat8 said:

lmao the expert picks for the Falcons/Seahawks on ESPN only 1 person took the Hawks. Everyone on BR took the Falcons. Why the hell would any of them see the Seahawks beating the Eagles? In case you don’t watch national sports shows, everyone has given up on the Seahawks lol.

If I knew you in real life I’d easily take a $100 bet that not even 25% take the Seahawks

I just saw that you’re an Eagles fan. Uhhhh yeah lol nobody’s taking Seattle in this game

Well it’s a small sample but Mike Florio was on with Softy tonight and said Seattle will win.

Steve2222

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1zzjau6h said:
Steve2222":1zzjau6h said:
xkj1985x":1zzjau6h said:
Steve2222":1zzjau6h said:

Well it’s a small sample but Mike Florio was on with Softy tonight and said Seattle will win.

The Seahawks are the most unpredictable team in the league. They could just as easily beat the Eagles as they could lose to the Browns. I’m done predicting wins and losses.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":314lkm58 said:
WindCityHawk":314lkm58 said:
Beating the 1-win 49ers really lifted spirits around here, but I think after we lose (rightfully so) to the best team in the NFC Sunday, everyone's going to be wondering why they expected anything different.

We know who this Seahawks team is this year. They're the same team that lost to Washington at home. If they're going to beat the Eagles, they have to field a different team with different coaching. Business as usual loses this game, simple as that.

It's kinda sad that this is our Super Bowl. And Philly is playing for nothing but pride. They're gonna be care-free and having fun out there, and we're gonna be trying to prove we're still relevant. We're the sad old men of the NFC right now.

Nothing to see here folks, just more crap from a QUITTERS' post ^^^^^^^
Not going to let you be happy with a win...^^^
I'm not surprised though, because they are miserable, and can't stand the thought of others gleaning the bright side, they will poison the happy well...Because that's what QUITTERS' ALWAYS do.

Candid picture of scutterhawk faced with a fact

lalalala.gif

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If they are unwilling to move Ifedi back to RG (due to continuity or some other nonsense), then I wonder if it might be best to start Glowinski over Pocic. Glowinski can be a turnstile in pass pro, but he is physically stronger than Pocic and might be able to hold up slightly better against Fletcher Cox. It might be the best of two bad alternatives.

Steve2222

Reaction score
xkj1985x":8g53oa9l said:
Steve2222":8g53oa9l said:
xkj1985x":8g53oa9l said:
Steve2222":8g53oa9l said:

Yep literally no one picking Seattle to win

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I think we won. Hope the people guaranteeing a loss will stop by and have their meal.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2r45bqor said:
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks and left tackle Jason Peters for the season.

Their problems at LB got worse when their backup MLB Joe Walker suffered a stinger last week. Mychal Kendricks would probably play MLB if Walker is out, and he is excellent, but that leaves a huge void for them at OLB.

Their backup OLB, Najee Goode, is a career special teams player. At barely 6'0 with short arms and limited abilities in covering space, I imagine he would have a tough time against a receiver like Jimmy Graham.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai has taken over at LT, and he is the obvious weak link on their offensive line. Vaitai is very slow and doesn't handle speed rushers well at all. I hope the coaches use a little creativity, mixing in some stunts and blitzes, to attack Carson Wentz's blindside.
They were nine & one...>.NINE AND ONE< coming into this game, playing against a BEAT ALL TO HELL Seahawks team that had MAJOR ALL PRO player injuries going into this game too, they were 9 & 1 for Christ's sake, they should have been able to splice in players to compensate for their anemic lineup.......Just like the Seattle Seahawks had to do when two of their three LOB players went out with injuries.........No Excuses. :stirthepot: