Earl --> Canton?

Rocket

Reaction score
Will Earl's flailing on contract issues take him out of Canton running... especially when he was on the track to Hall of Fame in his first eligibility year.

Now he could be first runner up on that janitorial gig.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
It’s hard to care about ET right now. I’m sure the good will outweigh this holdout down the road, but right he’s not on the team so who care?

Seafan

Reaction score
If Ed Reed makes it there's a good chance Earl will make it. Does he have a few more Pro Bowl years left? Likely.

But like was said earlier, who cares.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seafan":grtsln2a said:
If Ed Reed makes it there's a good chance Earl will make it. Does he have a few more Pro Bowl years left? Likely.

But like was said earlier, who cares.

This is an oddly framed comment seeing how Ed Reed is better than ET. Of course Ed Reed is going to make the HoF, probably first ballot. I don’t see how that has anything to do with Earl.

To answer OP, if ET doesn’t play another down in the NFL, he has a strong case to eventually one day get in. He finishes his career with a few more All Pro seasons he’s a shoe-in.

Atradees

Reaction score
Steve2222":9h9wvt5b said:
Atradees":9h9wvt5b said:
no its his two picks a year. Overated.

lol what a dumb comment

Hes not going to the hall. He is not going anywhere. In fact, he was just out bid bye a middle linebacker. No body wants him not even Dallas. you people need to wake up.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think Earl has a bit to go for HOF, holdout has minimal impact, assuming he comes back to play soon.

He has 3x all pro in a time where he was part of arguably the best defense ever. I think, fair or not, people will need to be convinced (far in the future when it comes time to vote) it was him that made it tick, because he doesn’t really show up in a huge way on the stat sheet or even in the screen broadcast for that matter (need coaches tape to see the deep half). prove it without Sherm, Avril, Bennet, Kam etc.

Atradees

Reaction score
Patriots dont want him, Browns dont want him, jets dont want him, Steelers dont want him... i could go on and on. We cant get a first round pick for him. He is a guy nobody wants to pay. He is not Troy Pomalamu, He is not Berry, he is not anyone. He s a guy we are stuck with. two picks a year maybe two passes defenses maybe a forced fumble. rookies do that. You people have made him into a legend. why them doesnt anybody want him?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Doubt it unless he ends his career being less of money first player.

He needs to demonstrate he truly is a better FS than any other FS in the league.

I think he’s a great player but his heart doesn’t seem to in it right now, nor has it been for a little while. He’s different than many others and his speed is his game. That has a habit of disappearing with age.

ET3 to the HOF, it’s in his hands.

getnasty

Reaction score
Atradees":1j0qikz0 said:
Patriots dont want him, Browns dont want him, jets dont want him, Steelers dont want him... i could go on and on. We cant get a first round pick for him. He is a guy nobody wants to pay. He is not Troy Pomalamu, He is not Berry, he is not anyone. He s a guy we are stuck with. two picks a year maybe two passes defenses maybe a forced fumble. rookies do that. You people have made him into a legend. why them doesnt anybody want him?

Everybody wants him they just don't want to pay for him and it's not a highly coveted position. Earl was probably the single most important player on our great defenses, we might be upset he's holding out but don't be crazy.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
getnasty":15su9w06 said:
Atradees":15su9w06 said:

Everybody wants him they just don't want to pay for him and it's not a highly coveted position. Earl was probably the single most important player on our great defenses, we might be upset he's holding out but don't be crazy.

:ditto:

Dude,regardless of any stats, there were stretches of like multiple seasons where teams simply did not throw to the deep middle.

Earl is pretty highly respected around the league.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Earl's army will realize he was a small piece of the puzzle when this new look defense ball's out. The success of our D starts and ends with our defensive genius coach. No, Earl hasn't done enough for the hall.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Earl should post some more of his college glory days on social media. That should get him noticed by the hall committee.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ojg4o9h said:
Grahamhawker":1ojg4o9h said:
Earl is pretty highly respected around the league.

Bye who? ......not any GM's apparently. Earl is a dumb sh*t......period!!

I was thinking more of respected as a player during his/the Hawks peak years. I agree that his more recent antics could result in diminishing his reputation.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's incredibly hard for safeties to make it to the HoF. Reed is in another class at this point and he's a sure hall of famer - Earl would need a couple more All Pros to even be close.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I know everybody is bitter about his holdout and his actions, but lets not be silly, the guy is a freaking awesome football player. Our secondary will suffer largely due to his absence. He's one of the best tacklers and coverage safties I've ever seen. He was easily the most important part of the LOB.

HOF? He needs a few more seasons of high quality play, but he's well on his way.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Atradees":1zmfmh06 said:

As many picks as he has dropped (and nobody has mentioned that more than me), his influence is greater than just stats.