Earl Thomas : "It's been like this for 8 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2ycie8z5 said:
The defense gets paid two thirds of the cap as well. So you get what you pay for.

Guess that kicks the blame up to management which would give support to those of us warning this season could be the end of the PC era.

C'mon Hawks, figure this out!

Give us a truly great season and be a legit Super Bowl contender!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe if Wilson spent his free time learning how to be a better QB instead of worrying about raising the $9M he got as initial investment for the app he is building that helps 'celebrities' create curated tours of their lives that they can offer to fans for a fee?

Just thought since he is supposed to be a 'star' QB and all but for the past several years he has been the head of one of th least productive offenses?

Steve2222

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39f1mg9z said:
Maybe if Wilson spent his free time learning how to be a better QB instead of worrying about raising the $9M he got as initial investment for the app he is building that helps 'celebrities' create curated tours of their lives that they can offer to fans for a fee?

Just thought since he is supposed to be a 'star' QB and all but for the past several years he has been the head of one of th least productive offenses?

lol

ducks41468

Reaction score
I think RW has been David Carr-ed. In the first few years of his career he showed every indication that he would eventually join the elite tier of QB's, but the constant pressure he faces due to an annual bottom-5 oline has caused his development to plateau and even regress.

Not to mention he seems to have outgrown Bevell. Bevell may have been good for RW's development early in his career but the insistence on low-percentage explosive plays and lack of year-over-year adjustments have inhibited RW's ability to grow as a QB.

Overall, he seems to be worn down mentally. Just look at Luck as another example of a QB that's in the same situation and also seems to be regressing.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
"Annual bottom five" ?????? Please show me the offensive lines that have been worse? The last two seasons our line has been absolute rock bottom. Ironically this is largely because Pete and John have chosen to stack the defense at the expense of the offense.

ducks41468

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1x0yj3jm said:
"Annual bottom five" ?????? Please show me the offensive lines that have been worse? The last two seasons our line has been absolute rock bottom. Ironically this is largely because Pete and John have chosen to stack the defense at the expense of the offense.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/862521661983248384[/tweet]

Came across this. Out of these 5, the Chargers are the only team that have successfully adjusted their game plan to focus on a short passing game to overcome the oline deficiencies. The Colts, Cards, and Dolphins have essentially run their respective QB's into the ground and we're not too far behind.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

Anthony!

Reaction score
Steve2222":7f6lx8d0 said:
Anthony!":7f6lx8d0 said:
Steve2222":7f6lx8d0 said:
Anthony!":7f6lx8d0 said:
LOL yeah sorry nothing he said says that at all

Not talking about him........Ever hear of a guy named Richard Sherman (who plays defense for the Seattle Seahawks if you weren't aware). Notice how I said "D" and not "Earl Thomas"?

Were you not paying attention to any of the Seahawks offseason drama? Don't come at me like that again.

So in a thread about what Earl said you bring up something Sherman supposedly said and has denied and then wonder why I said what I said, Here is an Idea stay on topic or clarify.

You really think Sherman would come out on record to saying he thinks Russell sucks? You're wrong if you do. One thing I've learned with football is that if there's smoke there's fire.

And what I wrote is very much on topic. Nice try on your deflection though.

And again we are in a thread about Et and you grin up Sherman nice attempt to change the topic and once again Sherman denied it so nice nothing

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":333etpuq said:
Hawkpower":333etpuq said:
Defense has as right to be frustrated with EVERYBODY on the offense: Coaches, terrible line, and yes, even Russ.

Totally agree.

Our offense is too timid/confused/uncertain and that starts with RW.

He hasn't been the same player for some time - and he likely knows it.

Something continues to be "off" about our team.

Once again we will all be waiting and hoping the ship gets on course in time to earn a playoff spot but do we really want just a playoff spot without a legit shot at winning a Super Bowl?

Bring on game two. Want to forget this one quick.

P.S. - God Bless the Seahawks Defense.

:pukeface:

Anthony!

Reaction score
mrt144":3cfza2vw said:
Steve2222":3cfza2vw said:
mrt144":3cfza2vw said:
Steve2222":3cfza2vw said:
Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though

Good, they should. He needs a fire under his ass as much as anyone.

Russell couldn't be any further away from the problem on offense.

He's a designated leader - whatever he thinks he doing in that capacity isn't yielding dividends.

So is ET is it on hi8m too, so is Kam on him too? As far as being on leaders it son the coaches period

Anthony!

Reaction score
ducks41468":366k5pc1 said:
brimsalabim":366k5pc1 said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/862521661983248384[/tweet]

Came across this. Out of these 5, the Chargers are the only team that have successfully adjusted their game plan to focus on a short passing game to overcome the oline deficiencies. The Colts, Cards, and Dolphins have essentially run their respective QB's into the ground and we're not too far behind.

Whats ugly is that is only pressures not hits, and sacks, where our oline is far and away the worse

and FYI we have adjusted its called uptempo we just refuse to use it but once or twice a game, well other than 2015 remember that run, and what happened as soon as Lynch came back from injury? Back to the same old bs, like now.

Anthony!

Reaction score
sdog1981":rey8d6x6 said:
This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

HUh what are you talking about?

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1k6gd9dx said:
Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

There is serious frustration among the players and a lot of it rests against the offense. That includes RW and that includes Bevell. By now it likely includes Pete as well.

It's too early to go doom and gloom - winning solves just about everything but the Seahawks tonight were not a good team on offense. The D held up for most the game but ran out of gas and nobody should blame them for that.

Our offense stunk - AGAIN.

Yes, the line was pushed around too much but the difference in tone/composure between RW and Rodgers was striking. Rodgers didn't even break a sweat.

GB was the better team from the coaching to the quarterback.

There were some dropped passes that shouldn't have been but there were also some catches that were more the result of the receiver and not the throw.

RW looks wobbly out there. Hope he improves quick but I've warned there are serious gaps in his game and teams are on to him.

On the upside, I like how Carson runs which is hard. He manages to net positive yardage even with little to no offensive line push which is what this team sorely needs. Give the kid the rock more and see what he's got.

Really???
Not what I saw. I saw Rodgers not only break a sweat, but I also saw him almost break a helmet, and almost broke an ankle as well.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":k86avz4y said:
semiahmoo":k86avz4y said:
Clear sign of what I've and others have been saying for a while.

There is serious frustration among the players and a lot of it rests against the offense. That includes RW and that includes Bevell. By now it likely includes Pete as well.

It's too early to go doom and gloom - winning solves just about everything but the Seahawks tonight were not a good team on offense. The D held up for most the game but ran out of gas and nobody should blame them for that.

Our offense stunk - AGAIN.

Yes, the line was pushed around too much but the difference in tone/composure between RW and Rodgers was striking. Rodgers didn't even break a sweat.

GB was the better team from the coaching to the quarterback.

There were some dropped passes that shouldn't have been but there were also some catches that were more the result of the receiver and not the throw.

RW looks wobbly out there. Hope he improves quick but I've warned there are serious gaps in his game and teams are on to him.

On the upside, I like how Carson runs which is hard. He manages to net positive yardage even with little to no offensive line push which is what this team sorely needs. Give the kid the rock more and see what he's got.

Really???
Not what I saw. I saw Rodgers not only break a sweat, but I also saw him almost break a helmet, and almost broke an ankle as well.

yeah but that does not fit his narrative

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Steve2222":2kxochto said:
johnnyfever":2kxochto said:
Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

He shouldn't be immune...he played a terrible game today.

Anthony!

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1tzgzpmx said:
Steve2222":1tzgzpmx said:
johnnyfever":1tzgzpmx said:
Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

LOL thanks for the laugh

mrt144

Reaction score
Anthony!":12ydk1zk said:
BadgerVid":12ydk1zk said:
Steve2222":12ydk1zk said:
johnnyfever":12ydk1zk said:

LOL thanks for the laugh

Well he didn't play good, all factors considered too. Rodgers played pretty good despite our D Line being markedly better than I can remember.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
BadgerVid":a45q734k said:
Steve2222":a45q734k said:
johnnyfever":a45q734k said:

The fumble and overthrowing Lock by 5 yards are the two plays that stood out to me. But he'll correct it and be more determined for his next outing.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Anthony!":38xj1ww0 said:
sdog1981":38xj1ww0 said:

HUh what are you talking about?

The fact that a defensive team leader was talking about only one-half of the team is held to any standard.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
D on the field all day, robbed of a score, keeping the best QB in the league at home in check... should be frustrated.. offense looked vanilla yet when in hurry up performs... not saying go that way all game but why does it take those scenarios for us to run that offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.