Earl Thomas : "It's been like this for 8 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3tcndsl7 said:
Rodgers didn't break a sweat.

Him smashing a helmet etc., is how he plays - with passion.

He had control of this game far more than RW did and it showed.

It's GB, though. They have our # there.

We can bounce back. Then again, we can continue to struggle and have another mediocre season.

Too early to tell how it will break...

Absurd

Look, I am all for fair critique of Russell Wilson, or anyone on our team but the keyword is FAIR. This doesn't make sense

Russell Wilson passes behind the Lowest paid O-line in the league. Aaron Rodgers does not

Aaron Rodgers had time to step back and roll around the pocket. He had a better chance to pass, which mean more third down conversions. Which meant more opportunities for our defense to get our shots at him

That is why you think Rodgers and Wilson faced equal pressure but they didn't. Even in his limited opportunities, Russell barely stood a chance. That is a fair, logical, and reasonable analysis of the situation. How was Rodgers composed? You mean when he threw the pick 6? When he seems frustrated and aloof at times in virtually every game? Lol, virtually no one in the league claims Rodgers "plays with passion." That's more so Tom Brady. At times Rodgers seems like he doesn't care but his incredible talent covers for that

Wasn't he the one that threw the Microsoft tablet on the ground last year? Funny how we form our own biases but Rodgers having control of this game is based on the fact that the team invests in his OL and receivers

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":35t4a3pw said:
Siouxhawk":35t4a3pw said:
BadgerVid":35t4a3pw said:
Steve2222":35t4a3pw said:
Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though

He shouldn't be immune...he played a terrible game today.
The fumble and overthrowing Lock by 5 yards are the two plays that stood out to me. But he'll correct it and be more determined for his next outing.

lets look at them

the fumble defenders on him virtually right away
the throw to lockett a defenders about to hit him forcing him to throw early
what do they have in common.....OLINE
I agree that our OLine was porous and a solution needs to come pronto, but you need to hold onto the ball and even he said in his presser that he needed to convert to the wide-open Lockett. But those plays will come. We also had some drops, specifically by Jimmy, that usually don't happen and Darboh can't be mosh pit surfing 5 yards before being thrown out of bounds after a nice catch.

classicaaron

Reaction score
im so tired of this team its unreal. I was so excited for a fresh season and all I seem to have gotten was an extension of the past 2 years and im beyond frustrated watching.

yet another game they cant even score a touchdown. im sure there will be at least 2 or 3 more games this year where they accomplish that, just like last year. when will the front office or Pete see that Cable and Bevell need to go. it just the exact same thing year after year. they had zero production against an average defense. the announcers made it sound like the packers had the greatest defense in the league holding us to 3 and out time after time. im sorry but that's just terrible offense not great defense.

look at it on the other side of the ball. the packers while not being able to score consistently got first downs and were moving the ball to around mid field. the defense would hold after a couple first downs and make them punt. that is good defense playing a good offense. both teams were accomplishing something. while our offense was in 4th and 10 or more all game.

why on earth was Carson not on the field more? he had the only productive runs on the day. everytime he had a nice carry they would pull him and put fatso in as his reward. what is Pete even looking at or thinking. everytime fatso got the ball he lost 3 yards, at least Carson gained a yard when there was no blocking. it just so evident the favoritism due to salary to determine playing time because theres no other explanation.

lastly Wilson does have to take a lot of blame. I know hes not Rodgers and its very evident yesterday. Rodgers was running for his life much of the game and being hit all day but yet was able to make some plays. even when they weren't scoring he was moving the ball, changing field position, helping his defense rest. Wilson also had bad protection but made zero plays, took sacks, lost a fumble, and went 3 and out all day. I don't even know how many times they lost yardage on a drive instead of even getting to 3rd and short. while the o-line can take a lot of blame if Wilson is elite he should be able to compensate and at least get a first down every once in a while. 50% and under 100 yards going into the 4th quarter is pathetic.

so I agree with the defense. this offense sucks and its very frustrating to watch. I just wish the defense would flat out say it instead of sugar coating it. maybe it would make a change. this will just become more locker room turmoil by week 3 after we lose to the titans. and its so apparent the seahawks are made up of two teams. watching the defense jump around after Wilsons fumble you could just tell the mood of the defense was thinking here we go again, thanks offense, put us in terrible situations and expect us to bail you out, guess we have to win the game ourselves. I know the defense let them score there but clearly not their fault. just an example of how this team is still split after 3 years of this garbage.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
^^^ The hallmark post to earmark in late December when the Hawks are poised to make another deep playoff run. You'd think the novelty of the crow feeds the last few years would've worn off by now, but I guess that isn't so. So come one and come all as Pete and Co. will have your tables reserved come January.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2i464wsz said:
^^^ The hallmark post to earmark in late December when the Hawks are poised to make another deep playoff run. You'd think the novelty of the crow feeds the last few years would've worn off by now, but I guess that isn't so. So come one and come all as Pete and Co. will have your tables reserved come January.

Yep.

And I honestly can't believe that people think that Rodgers was under as much pressure as Wilson. It's like context counts for nothing, it is what it is. Wilson has been among the most unfairly criticized Qbs since he's arrived which is why I defend him where it applies

This team always starts slow, and we fail to realize great teams have these kinds of games. We're perennial playoff contenders and arguably the 2nd best team in the NFC. We are taking this team for granted

classicaaron

Reaction score
^^^^ the post I have seen the last 3 years saying everything is gravy then they lose in the divisional round while putting up a 100 total yards of offense and then saying they will be better next year and if we would have just had the game at home... blah blah blah.

well guess what they probably just lost any chance of nfc title game at home already. does anyone think the packers aren't going to be a contender and most likely a 1 or 2 seed? your crazy if not. and if the hawks are as great as everyone says and the packers beat them doesn't that assure the packers are seeded that high? so already one scenario from last year came true, we will be on the road. now just another 100 yard offensive performance and were on pace.

NINEster

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ija14fzi said:

You want praise for the Seahawks D being historic?

They carried this team to 2 SB appearances and a Lombardi when it's biggest divisional rival only went once and lost.

Outside of playing the 49ers and humbling them, the Niners offense was often better than the Hawks up until the end of 2013. Kap and Wilson were similar back then, Lynch a bit better than Gore, but 49ers had more talent on O elsewhere.

49er defense was pretty damn good but faltered in 2012 playoffs. Made up for it in 2013 but it wasn't enough.

Now that the defense isn't quite as good, it's still good enough to carry the team to the playoffs when Harbaugh's 49ers were immediately out of it.

Put the blame on whomever you want....Wilson, OL, skill position players, Bevell......defense always carried the Hawks.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":1towhcuv said:
^^^^ the post I have seen the last 3 years saying everything is gravy then they lose in the divisional round while putting up a 100 total yards of offense and then saying they will be better next year and if we would have just had the game at home... blah blah blah.

well guess what they probably just lost any chance of nfc title game at home already. does anyone think the packers aren't going to be a contender and most likely a 1 or 2 seed? your crazy if not. and if the hawks are as great as everyone says and the packers beat them doesn't that assure the packers are seeded that high? so already one scenario from last year came true, we will be on the road. now just another 100 yard offensive performance and were on pace.
They didn't lose in the division round 3 years ago. Last 2 and to Super Bowl entrants.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":22ky0vjs said:
classicaaron":22ky0vjs said:

They didn't win in the division round 3 years ago. Last 2 and to Super Bowl entrants.

yes im aware of the playoff history and your are correct, I was just counting this as the 3rd year currently.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I just see the trend and the writing on the wall.

hey I hope im wrong and they go 15-1, win the superbowl and blow everyone out 42-0 and you can send me pm's of how stupid I am everyday until the new season starts. that's not even meant as sarcasm, it would be the best. unfortunately I just don't see it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":2oeyvsut said:
I just see the trend and the writing on the wall.

hey I hope im wrong and they go 15-1, win the superbowl and blow everyone out 42-0 and you can send me pm's of how stupid I am everyday until the new season starts. that's not even meant as sarcasm, it would be the best. unfortunately I just don't see it.
I wouldn't do that because I'm sure you're not stupid. Just have some faith. An NFL season is a marathon, not a sprint, and there's plenty of thrills ahead.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":4ib4k6jw said:
mrt144":4ib4k6jw said:
Steve2222":4ib4k6jw said:
johnnyfever":4ib4k6jw said:
Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though

Good, they should. He needs a fire under his ass as much as anyone.

Russell couldn't be any further away from the problem on offense.

Lol, he lines up right behind it!

chris98251

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1x0dk48h said:
mrt144":1x0dk48h said:
Anthony!":1x0dk48h said:
mrt144":1x0dk48h said:
Well he didn't play good, all factors considered too. Rodgers played pretty good despite our D Line being markedly better than I can remember.

LOL again great laugh, especailly the all factors considered which obviously didnt.

You are the 2nd most insecure person on this site. Good lord.

I don't want to see first if this guy is only second.

Keep reading Number 1 is further down in the tread :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":39z0qrrn said:
semiahmoo":39z0qrrn said:
Rodgers didn't break a sweat.

Him smashing a helmet etc., is how he plays - with passion.

He had control of this game far more than RW did and it showed.

It's GB, though. They have our # there.

We can bounce back. Then again, we can continue to struggle and have another mediocre season.

Too early to tell how it will break...

Absurd

Look, I am all for fair critique of Russell Wilson, or anyone on our team but the keyword is FAIR. This doesn't make sense

Russell Wilson passes behind the Lowest paid O-line in the league. Aaron Rodgers does not

Aaron Rodgers had time to step back and roll around the pocket. He had a better chance to pass, which mean more third down conversions. Which meant more opportunities for our defense to get our shots at him

That is why you think Rodgers and Wilson faced equal pressure but they didn't. Even in his limited opportunities, Russell barely stood a chance. That is a fair, logical, and reasonable analysis of the situation. How was Rodgers composed? You mean when he threw the pick 6? When he seems frustrated and aloof at times in virtually every game? Lol, virtually no one in the league claims Rodgers "plays with passion." That's more so Tom Brady. At times Rodgers seems like he doesn't care but his incredible talent covers for that

Wasn't he the one that threw the Microsoft tablet on the ground last year? Funny how we form our own biases but Rodgers having control of this game is based on the fact that the team invests in his OL and receivers

Good points. One other thing that should never be overlooked, Green Bay Packers OLine has pretty much been the same for years now.

Ours NEVER has been the same from year to year. It's like musical chairs. Zero continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.