Earl Thomas : "It's been like this for 8 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sdog1981":ukpvyshb said:
This is not good. This is not good at all. This makes all those stories that were published this off season, that I blew off like a lot of people did truer than they ever have been before. Double standards will destroy any team at any level, Pete has allowed double standards to undercut his philosophy of "always compete".

Thank you.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Rodgers didn't break a sweat.

Him smashing a helmet etc., is how he plays - with passion.

He had control of this game far more than RW did and it showed.

It's GB, though. They have our # there.

We can bounce back. Then again, we can continue to struggle and have another mediocre season.

Too early to tell how it will break...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In regards to the OP, Earl was very matter-of-fact about it. He said he wasn't frustrated, and he knows they just need to give Wilson more opportunities to get in rhythm.

It's just one game guys, attacking each other isn't going to accomplish anything. Have faith

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Too many people here making comments about Wilson needing to step up and do a better job. RW isn't the problem. Our lack of a running game is. And that starts with the offensive line - which has been our problem for several years now, even when Lynch was here. Without ANY running threat, the defense can collapse around Russell all game long and force bad throws. why do you think Wilson was able to pull up and run draws up the middle several times? Because the D is keyed in on rushing him, knowing we won't run.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Jerhawk":qmynmmtf said:
In regards to the OP, Earl was very matter-of-fact about it. He said he wasn't frustrated, and he knows they just need to give Wilson more opportunities to get in rhythm.

It's just one game guys, attacking each other isn't going to accomplish anything. Have faith

^^right there... most of us chalked this to a loss to begin with all while being hopeful of course... it stings because it was totally in grasp today but screwed on the ref end let alone lackluster O play... week 1 folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeak

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't care that we lost? I don't care that the refs screwed us (ok I care a little bit)

I really simply care about the fact that the offense was horrendous. How is it possible that we have spent the last four years taking a rookie QB with a fun exciting offense to a veteran QB with a horrible offense.

How is it possible that we keep promoting this and not hold people accountable as we get worse on a DAILY basis

MrThortan

Reaction score
More of this Days of our Lives, General Hospital, locker room soap opera speculation crap. I have no interest in it.

Atradees

Reaction score
Sky is falling; sky is falling.......

Losing does suck. We are wasting a great qb with this oline for sure.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Okay the whole "he looks like he doesn't care," thing needs to be quashed right now. Clueless people used to say the same crap about Jay Cutler and he took so much shit he didn't deserve because he has a certain disposition. Same for Flacco. Sure, those guys aren't great, but they don't deserve that BS because they are naturally less emotive. I don't think there are many QBs who are as hard working and dedicated as Russ. He deserves some time for business endeavors too, it's his free time, so cut that BS out as well.

As for the football aspect, did anyone think he was maybe playing super conservatively for most of the game because he didn't want to throw picks on picks like last time? Not like the OL was giving him much of a shot. Nor was the playcalling, check the other thread on that. Lots of folks give Cam Newton plenty of leeway for his low completion % due to the high degree of difficulty throws to long developing routes Shula forces him to make. Same with Luck. Doesn't Russ get the benefit of the doubt there too?

mrt144

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":2hnal7rb said:
Too many people here making comments about Wilson needing to step up and do a better job. RW isn't the problem. Our lack of a running game is. And that starts with the offensive line - which has been our problem for several years now, even when Lynch was here. Without ANY running threat, the defense can collapse around Russell all game long and force bad throws. why do you think Wilson was able to pull up and run draws up the middle several times? Because the D is keyed in on rushing him, knowing we won't run.

It's a truism that a QB can always play better. I think the question isn't whether he can play better but if he has the leadership capabilities to identify where his teammates can improve on the spot and coordinate that with his teammates when the coaching is incapable of doing so.

This is pure hot take speculation but I feel like RW is such a Golden Retriever he would die from starvation by standing by Bevell's rotting corpse before giving direction to anyone to feed him.

redhawk253

Reaction score
To blame this on russell is silly.. russell gets killed by the o line not being able to block a 3 legged sloth all game.. and he has an o coordinator that would put tom brady in a read option/wild cat scheme if he had him on the roster. Notice how as soon as we go to the quick hit offense that was so successful in the 2nd half of 2015... we march down the field..............

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
RW had immediate pressure.

The RBs had guys in their face as the ball was being handed off.

It's pretty simple to anybody with one or two eyes.

But don't worry Pete says Cable is great. Bevell too.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mrt144":23gj5w8h said:
Anthony!":23gj5w8h said:
BadgerVid":23gj5w8h said:
Steve2222":23gj5w8h said:
Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though

He shouldn't be immune...he played a terrible game today.

LOL thanks for the laugh

Well he didn't play good, all factors considered too. Rodgers played pretty good despite our D Line being markedly better than I can remember.

LOL again great laugh, especailly the all factors considered which obviously didnt.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3fmqynv6 said:
BadgerVid":3fmqynv6 said:
Steve2222":3fmqynv6 said:
johnnyfever":3fmqynv6 said:
Very nice way of saying they are used to 3 and outs and no offensive production. If we see it and are frustrated, imagine how frustrated our defense is with cable and Bevell.

Seems like the D takes frustration out on Russell too though

The fumble and overthrowing Lock by 5 yards are the two plays that stood out to me. But he'll correct it and be more determined for his next outing.

lets look at them

the fumble defenders on him virtually right away
the throw to lockett a defenders about to hit him forcing him to throw early
what do they have in common.....OLINE

mrt144

Reaction score
Anthony!":r1gsg0ff said:
mrt144":r1gsg0ff said:
Anthony!":r1gsg0ff said:
BadgerVid":r1gsg0ff said:

LOL thanks for the laugh

Well he didn't play good, all factors considered too. Rodgers played pretty good despite our D Line being markedly better than I can remember.

LOL again great laugh, especailly the all factors considered which obviously didnt.

You are the 2nd most insecure person on this site. Good lord.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
mrt144":2v6ad7k9 said:
Anthony!":2v6ad7k9 said:
mrt144":2v6ad7k9 said:
Anthony!":2v6ad7k9 said:
LOL thanks for the laugh

You are the 2nd most insecure person on this site. Good lord.

I don't want to see first if this guy is only second.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
People underestimate how important Lynch really was to that offense, also they continue to make poor decisions at WR . I'm not sold on anyone except Baldwin. We have had three good WR's under Pete. Rice Tate Baldwin not keeping Tate was just plain stupid. Three third down conversions :pukeface:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Russell wasn't able to step into his throw on that Lockett overthrow. If he had a clean pocket he hits Lockett for the TD. He had a free rusher hitting him almost simalufenously on that throw. I don't see how you can place blame on Wilson there.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Lynch was the key to that offense and made the whole team that much better. But we lost him after 49 when we didn't fire bevell. Now he looks rejuvenated in Oakland and good for him. I hope he runs for 2000 yards because he brought us our only Lombardi not our JV coaching staff.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Lynch left because he couldn't run behind our line without getting beat to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.