Earl Thomas leads all NFL defensive players in PFF grade

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bottom line....Ear is a greedy guy. He needs his ego stroked by the Hawks.
A typical salary in America is $50,000 a year. Assuming they work 40 years that will equal $2 million in a lifetime.
Earl has already made over $30 million.....and is set to work after he retires to make another $30 million. He has it "made" financially. Of course, he wouldn't be the first sports figure to "blow it all" before he dies.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ESPN just said we are still attempting to trade Earl for a second round pick. I don’t want to trade him but if we must what about to Pittsburgh for Bell? Maybe throw in Procise?

Steve2222

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3nq7oi8p said:
ESPN just said we are still attempting to trade Earl for a second round pick. I don’t want to trade him but if we must what about to Pittsburgh for Bell? Maybe throw in Procise?

It would be Pittsburgh sweetening the deal at this point, not us.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Chiefs are interested and have 2 2nd round picks but apparently they think a round 2 for earl is too high. I wonder if they have reservations because of the attitude and the fact he wont re sign there?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
brimsalabim":suab8jay said:

Would be lucky to get a box of band aids for Prosise.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Steve2222":3a4odkz5 said:
brimsalabim":3a4odkz5 said:

It would be Pittsburgh sweetening the deal at this point, not us.
You consider asking them to take Procise us “ sweetening the deal”?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FinNasty":1gb9km3g said:
chris98251":1gb9km3g said:
FinNasty":1gb9km3g said:
Sgt. Largent":1gb9km3g said:
Correct, and the rest of the league as well, as evident that no one's trading for Earl because of his extension demands.

I don't fault our FO for not wanting to be burned on yet another 3rd extension on a player that has a high probability of being hurt in the middle of his monster extension...................in the middle of a rebuild. Makes ZERO sense to pay him.

Well no one wants to give up big high draft picks AND a large contract. If he were a FA... I don't think he'd have a problem at all getting paid...

Correct, but he is on a contract that was at one time paying him the highest salary, it's 5th highest now I think based on what someone said, he signed it and wants more now. Which is why if your doing that you need language that supports keeping you that high, he doesn't so he should honor what he signed. He is getting paid like a top Safety, we should be compensated with a pick that is a high pick for his services being transferred.

He doesn't want more money now... he wants long term security. He doesn't want to be out there risking injury where if he blows his knee out and then promptly gets kicked to the curb.
Sorry but that is what has to happen when you have a roster crippling salary but can’t perform your job.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":sltnmjzc said:
hawknation2018":sltnmjzc said:
In regards to your comment that re-signing Thomas would hurt the franchise for years to come, that prospect is highly unlikely. Mostly because the top safeties aren’t paid enough to beak the bank, even if he is made the highest paid at his position.

The 14.3M dead cap hit on Kam this year, and 10.2M dead cap hit next year would like to disagree with you.
Right now OTC shows less than $2M in dead money for next year, which would go up to close to $7M when/if we "officially" cut Kam. What are they missing?

toffee

Reaction score
I like that ET3 should finally realize no team is willing to respect him enough to invest multiple trade picks. That must be hard on the HOF all pro FS, may be he will channel his anger on those disrespecting team? Sure showed fire when play the Girls,

Latest posts