Earl Thomas NFC defensive player of the week

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Kudos Earl! Well earned!

The best instincts in the game of any player, bar none.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
I heard a pretty sad fact about Earl, the LOB and the defensive player of the week award. Since Pete has been here, the LOB has won the award 7 times. 4 Sherman, 2 Kam, and that was the very first time in 7 years Earl won it. :x

I don't know who votes / decides this, but that sounds like a load of crap to me.

tc06067

Reaction score
Seymour":3gfj0tf1 said:
I heard a pretty sad fact about Earl, the LOB and the defensive player of the week award. Since Pete has been here, the LOB has won the award 7 times. 4 Sherman, 2 Kam, and that was the very first time in 7 years Earl won it. :x

I don't know who votes / decides this, but that sounds like a load of crap to me.

I heard that on KJR and couldn't believe it. Earl in my opinion is the best of the bunch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":zciz1mye said:
kidhawk":zciz1mye said:
Thomas played lights out and has been having a really good season. This defense is on a completely different level when he's on the field

Agree. And if Thomas doesn't make that play 1 inch before the foot is out of bounds, things would look very different for this team. Earl also helped bring 2 weeks "peace" to this site. 8)
Thomas turned Gurley into Girlie.... it was also refreshing to watch the rest of the Seahawks Defense put the cork in his ass for the rest of that game.
Maybe TG will moll it over in his mind to NOT shoot his pregame taunts at the Seahawks Run Defense again, eh? :stirthepot:
The Rams were counting on Gurley to run all over the Seahawks, like he did in all the games leading up to that point.
Goff wasn't near as affective without TG......Thank You ET.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's the best safety in the NFL. Only other comparable was Ed Reed and he's a lock into the HOF as well. Shame he doesn't get the love he deserves.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
WELL DONE EARL!!!!!!! well deserved!

JUST IN CASE YOU EVER READ THESE PAGES: I want you to know how much you mean to me and my football family? You explemify all the attributes that a HALL OF FAME Safety should have- no man walks in your shoes ET, I was so amazed to see you work yhour way back from last years terrible injury. I know what you are thinking: IF you are to finish, it will be YOUR way as the ONLY way, and that would be AFTER a Super Bowl winning party!!!!! It should be your third.

Please do it YOUR way Earl, to get us where we need to be!!!!

We love and respect you Earl!

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
There were doubts last year, among the league, that he was still the best FS in football, but there really isn't any doubt anymore. ET's knack for laying the hits/jarring the ball loose at critical moments of a game is clutch.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1mxo6848 said:
Just another well-deserved honor on his way to the HOF.

Locking himself in as first ballot too, IMO.