Earl Thomas pic.......................

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1bw5qd2e said:
Cartire":1bw5qd2e said:
Pretty positive Twitter would know by now if he was injured. And Earl would most likely not be the one informing everyone first.

Nothing to see here folks, just Eyeore trying to claim his mantle back from all the off-season creeps that have shown up.
Yeah, twitter is real news. :roll:

We dont have to like it, but lets be fair here.

A) What is real news in the sports world?
B) Twitter still reports it first regardless of if you like it or not.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Exittium":3ednpziy said:
Its something electrical... Its a braided wire going up to that control panel. So nothing serious looks like nothing serious mayne the ace bandage is there to hold it inplace rather than tape

They are just recharging his bionic foot. I'm surprised he's pulling the curtain back on this a bit, but there's a reason he moves at super-human speeds on the field.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hr36utz said:
Blitzer88":1hr36utz said:
Cartire":1hr36utz said:
Pretty positive Twitter would know by now if he was injured. And Earl would most likely not be the one informing everyone first.

Nothing to see here folks, just Eyeore trying to claim his mantle back from all the off-season creeps that have shown up.
Maybe a little of that, but really was just surprised by the pic.

You were worried that a star player was announcing a severe injury through Twitt.. hey look, a unicorn!

18761-Unicorn-Gif.gif

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Social media really brings out the neurosis.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer just trying to secure his position as .NET worry wart with so many other doom and gloom threads as of late. It's okay, bud, you're still our #1 boo.

253hawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2yfis9uu said:
Ugh, I hate when they post pics like this with no explanation. Like... what was the point in sharing this and only this?!?!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/641333977790447621[/tweet]

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Basis4day":393li963 said:
Fieldgulls posted the pic on twitter and there is one guy on there calling it "Shock Therapy" and that it's a routine treatment to increase blood-flow that all players get. Not that i'm a big believer in random guy from twitter.

Electroshock therapy is something I had to use in my youth as a pitcher in baseball. I used it for stimulation of muscles as I had horrible (and still do) muscle deterioration. From what I recall (which isn't a whole lot), this looks nothing like what was used on my shoulder, but that was about 13 years ago as well, so I'm not going to speculate. All I can say is that I hope it's nothing serious.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Laloosh":1jp80nhm said:
Blitzer just trying to secure his position as .NET worry wart with so many other doom and gloom threads as of late. It's okay, bud, you're still our #1 boo.

Hey now, I did just post an article about getting to know Garry Gilliam................that's positive.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1jwj5duc said:
JAGHAWK":1jwj5duc said:
Ugh, I hate when they post pics like this with no explanation. Like... what was the point in sharing this and only this?!?!

Is it too much to hope that Skip Bayless or Mike Florio fall for this and come out with some kind of hysterical report? I could use the laugh.

Rocket

Reaction score
253hawk":3ndj9m7h said:
JAGHAWK":3ndj9m7h said:

Didja ever wonder if these guys do this stuff on purpose, just to jack up the people who are always getting jacked up, like crazy fans and the damn media "journalists" who are like thorns in their shoes??? Just for fun?

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
Looks like reduction of swelling after a hard workout getting up to game speed!
Roger

nategreat

Reaction score
Yeah guys that's just a Game Ready device... as mentioned, it's a sleeve you put around the foot (or shoulder or whatever) and attach the tube to it. Ice water circulates through the sleeve as air is forced into it as well. Simply put, it's an ice/compression combo. That's all. Probably just a minor thing, these guys have access to this all the time- I'd be all up in it.

Boom84

Reaction score
Gametime":3nc878o2 said:
Possibly just a compression / ice on the ankle following practice.

If you have every used a "Game Ready" machine you know what I mean. It's an inflatable compression sleeve that also runs ice water through it for ice and compression. Super cool.

I highly doubt Earl would post a pic giving another team a planning advantage if this was serious. Probably just normal routine after practice this morning.

Yes, post-practice / game therapy like this or Game Ready is wonderful preventative therapy to keep unwanted inflammation down while helping circulation. Pretty standard stuff.