Is Earl Thomas a HOF'R ?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Yes, he's a HoF'er. The best Center Field Safety of the 2010's that allowed Seattle's scheme to go.
I agree. He was the best at what he did and what we asked of him. Made a legendary defense go.

Xxx

Reaction score
Ok well I guess context helps. Just felt like this question was real
Me? The OP is not a Seahawks fan. Made a ridiculous topic a couple days ago trying to get us fans fighting. Saw right through it because he couldn’t even spell our QB’s name correctly. Use that thing in your head God gave you.
And then I need to use my head. You say that this site is getting to you but now you are talking trash to me.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I’ve never asked and don’t even feel good about asking. Mods….this is a true definition of a troll. Make it happen. Not a Hawks fan, trying to get us to argue for his own laughs and benefit.

rcaido

Reaction score
Earl should easily get in. Sherm also. i dont think Kam gets in though.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Borderline HOFer. What Thomas did wasn't something that showed up on the stat sheets and he played an often overlooked position.

I can see an argument either way.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yes, he's a HoF'er. The best Center Field Safety of the 2010's that allowed Seattle's scheme to go.
This. I don't think Earl gets the credit he deserves even from Seattle fans but I think Earl was the most important peice to that defense.

themunn

Reaction score
Safety is probably the hardest position to get in at.

Modern day I think you only have Ed Reed, Polomalu, John Lynch and Brian Dawkins who've made it (excepting those who played corner too).

I think you can probably compare him favourably/in the same bracket as Lynch and Dawkins, but both of those guys played 15 seasons, Thomas managed 10 and finished on a sour note being basically kicked off of the Ravens by a players vote.

If I was to put my weight behind getting one of our LOB safeties into the HoF I'd rather see Kam there any day

getnasty

Reaction score
Safety is probably the hardest position to get in at.

Modern day I think you only have Ed Reed, Polomalu, John Lynch and Brian Dawkins who've made it (excepting those who played corner too).

I think you can probably compare him favourably/in the same bracket as Lynch and Dawkins, but both of those guys played 15 seasons, Thomas managed 10 and finished on a sour note being basically kicked off of the Ravens by a players vote.

If I was to put my weight behind getting one of our LOB safeties into the HoF I'd rather see Kam there any day
3x all pros and 7 pro bowls. If Earl doesn't get in it's only because off the field issues.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't know. It's 50\50 in my opinion just due to his longevity.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I don't care whether or not he makes the HOF or not. Player awards just don't float my boat.

Having said that, Earl has a very good resume: 7 Pro Bowls, 3-time first team All Pro, named to the All-Decade team for the 2010's, and of course a ring. There's a lot of players, including our own Kenny Easley, who are in the HOF with more modest achievements.

His off-field problems could affect his chances, as can the teams he played for (playing for the Cowboys or Steelers increases one's chances). But I think he gets in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Went from being my favorite player to me just being relieved when they moved on. This is the same guy who got paid to NOT play in Baltimore. And several of the players in Baltimore made it known they didn't want to play with him. He needs legit mental health help, imo.