Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seedhawk":1ttxha96 said:
Scottemojo":1ttxha96 said:
I loved it when Earl said the reason Seattle keeps hitting on 5th and 6th round draft picks is him. Two Nine is the one pushing this thing.

Could it be Earl is jealous? No way Sherm, you CAN NOT SIGN for more than me!

Yanno...equal is not more nor is it less...maybe they can see that. Bring oN the Draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seedhawk":11b4llmw said:
Scottemojo":11b4llmw said:
I loved it when Earl said the reason Seattle keeps hitting on 5th and 6th round draft picks is him. Two Nine is the one pushing this thing.

Could it be Earl is jealous? No way Sherm, you CAN NOT SIGN for more than me!
Keep in mind Sherm's blanket covering ability allows ET to play instinctually without having to worry about that side of the field. They make each other better. It is a symbiotic thing, not a competition.

General Manager

Reaction score
Sherman will be paid more than him that's not a battle he can win. Maybe instead of taking credit for Shermans dominance he could work on not having the ball completed directly over his head (one of them for a TD) in playoff games , just sayin.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
General Manager":2pigmd0f said:
Sherman will be paid more than him that's not a battle he can win. Maybe instead of taking credit for Shermans dominance he could work on not having the ball completed directly over his head (one of them for a TD) in playoff games , just sayin.

"Just sayin" = put your fire suit on cause you're about to get torched on here.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
General Manager":uzi268f7 said:

:roll: Nice contribution.

Throwdown

Reaction score
General Manager":2rhtr9rh said:

Do you even logic?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Throwdown":19ojq05o said:
General Manager":19ojq05o said:

Do you even logic?

Clearly a 3 time all-pro should be judged based on one single crazy play in a game we won.

General Manager

Reaction score
Basis4day":2e4hs4gr said:
Throwdown":2e4hs4gr said:
General Manager":2e4hs4gr said:

Do you even logic?

Clearly a 3 time all-pro should be judged based on one single crazy play in a game we won.

Earl is a great player but he's not a better player than Sherman is and I'm not sure that comment is helpful in resigning the best corner in the game. That's all.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
General Manager":37v4cp1r said:

I have homework for you.

Get out your stopwatch. Put on the recording of the Niners playoff game. go to the play in question. Time it from snap to throw. Notice that Earl missed tipping it over the WR by an inch. And be amazed that he was even in position to get a hand on it, considering it was a scramble play that took a lot of time to develop.

chris98251

Reaction score
General Manager":p6c1cj7g said:

Hmm sample of one instance and your condemning the guy that makes the whole defense work, has us ranked as one of the best ever, shut down the best offense in league history, won a Super Bowl and is humble and hard working to boot.

I don't remember Earl ever taking credit for how good Sherman is BTW, he may have stated the scheme and his roll in it allows the Corners to play more aggressive.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":25s20blj said:
General Manager":25s20blj said:

Hmm sample of one instance and your condemning the guy that makes the whole defense work, has us ranked as one of the best ever, shut down the best offense in league history, won a Super Bowl and is humble and hard working to boot.

I don't remember Earl ever taking credit for how good Sherman is BTW, he may have stated the scheme and his roll in it allows the Corners to play more aggressive.

I think GM's taking issue with the sentiment expressed by Earl in this video http://goo.gl/gtNx89 at ~10:12 that we can draft 5th and 6th round corners because of him.

General Manager

Reaction score
chris98251":lqe2tvbz said:
General Manager":lqe2tvbz said:

Don't take everything someone says that you don't agree with so personal .

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Unfortunately when you are a DB and you make a mistake or fail to make a play it is very obvious. Earl tilts the field on defense. It is hard to quantify his production unless you watch the wide shot. Happy to have him locked up long term. As are the rest of the Seahawk players.

General Manager

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":31g4bn90 said:
chris98251":31g4bn90 said:
General Manager":31g4bn90 said:

I think GM's taking issue with the sentiment expressed by Earl in this video http://goo.gl/gtNx89 at ~10:12 that we can draft 5th and 6th round corners because of him.

Your right I don't agree with that, and if I were Sherman I wouldn't like that when I'm in the middle of contract negotiations . This secondary didn't become elite until Sherman became a starter either.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
General Manager":865zbnak said:
Your right I don't agree with that, and if I were Sherman I wouldn't like that when I'm in the middle of contract negotiations . This secondary didn't become elite until Sherman became a starter either.

If you're under the strange impression that Sherm isn't going to sign an extension with us because of that comment, umm...you can probably dismiss that thought.

sutz

Reaction score
formido":3qlbgqb1 said:
ET makes Seattle's scheme possible. Sherman makes it good.
Truth. Sherm will get more money because the league pays CBs more than safeties. The market will set that.

They are both the best at what they do.

Oh, and ET was right. Every DB we draft will have a shot to play above their draft position just because they play here. Well, except for whoever backs up Earl. ;)

brettb3

Reaction score
General Manager":j7lpwnbx said:
BobcatHawk":j7lpwnbx said:
chris98251":j7lpwnbx said:
General Manager":j7lpwnbx said:

You're trying to create some sort of conflict between Sherman and Thomas where none exists. What Thomas said was absolutely true, and not an indictment on his teammates. The defense is built around him. I guarantee you that everyone in the Seahawks' organization, not to mention all of their opponents, feel the same way.

Latest posts