Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Lol - why is there a ton of super trolling in this thread?

Earl Thomas is much more important to the defense than Sherman - it isn't even close. He is the reason that several CBs have rolled through and played at an all-star level.

He is also the reason Chancellor is such a force. Kam can play down at the line of scrimmage and crush crossing routes in the passing game because Earl has got the back end covered.

This is all really really clear in Pete's writings about his philosophy for passing defense. The two most important players on Pete's defense are the FS and the LEO.

Moreover, there was mention that it doesn't make us a better team today. I would say that it has no effect on the Seahawks 2014 season on the field but it has an effect in the locker room that players who commit to the program will get their money. It also makes the 2015-2019 Seahawks better.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Honestly, it's kind of lame to see people pit our own players against each other on such a consistent basis. I direct this to both sides of the "debate."

Richard Sherman is the best CB in the NFL. He has the physical and intellectual attributes to make that possible. He has actually a freak athlete with elite ball skills whose draft stock dropped solely because of his rawness at the DB position and perhaps a negative evaluation from his college coach.

Earl Thomas is the best FS in the NFL. He has the physical and intellectual attributes to make that possible. He's arguably the fastest player on the field at any given time and plays with tremendous grit and instinct.

Both these players benefit from the other being on the field, and both have benefited tremendously from Seattle's cover-3 scheme and Pete Carroll's coaching. We're lucky to have both, and both will be paid according to the value of being the best at their position.

There is utterly no reason to pit these guys against each other, as they both be locked up for a freakin' long time. Stop it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
General Manager":28e7ksrq said:
Basis4day":28e7ksrq said:
Throwdown":28e7ksrq said:
General Manager":28e7ksrq said:
Sherman will be paid more than him that's not a battle he can win. Maybe instead of taking credit for Shermans dominance he could work on not having the ball completed directly over his head (one of them for a TD) in playoff games , just sayin.

Do you even logic?

Clearly a 3 time all-pro should be judged based on one single crazy play in a game we won.

Earl is a great player but he's not a better player than Sherman is and I'm not sure that comment is helpful in resigning the best corner in the game. That's all.

At this point I'd say Earl Thomas is a better overall player than Sherman is. The comment was not helpful in resigning him, that comment has absolutely nothing to do with resigning him, nor do I think it was a slight on Sherman.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2oxbc92g said:
Jesus.

DavidSeven is correct.
Yep, spot on. Oh, and for those trying to pit one vs. the other, I saw an interview on NFLN with ET and TV guy asked him about Sherm and he said they're in contact 'all the time' and 'he's a great friend....no, really more like a brother'.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
yeah, I caught it. He kinda had to hide at the back of that picture, didn't he?

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I just love our LOB!!! Great guys who are more like brothers than teammates. When one of them gets a new deal the others are happy and celebrate with them. Awesome stuff.

We are so lucky to have these guys in the secondary!!!

Oh and Thomas is mannnnnnnn