Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

Sac

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2od8m44y said:
SacHawk2.0":2od8m44y said:
I was close on the guaranteed money!

Yeah your guess that followed two posts telling us how much it was worth was pretty close.

Psshhh. I was tapatalking my post as those were being posted. I didn't see them.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1hokly0l said:
Byrd has the highest annual average, but that deal is heavily backloaded.

Eric Berry is set to make 8.6M in 2014, making him the highest paid safety this year.

So when Rapoport says "easily" .. I'm guessing Earl is getting close to 10M a year.

Jairus Byrd's annual average is $9.3 mil on his new deal. I'm guessing that Earl will be a hair over $10 mil annual average.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Polaris":1746m0rp said:
Hawkfan77":1746m0rp said:
‏@RapSheet 17s
The #Seahawks four-year extension for safety Earl Thomas pays him $40 million base value with $27.725 million guaranteed, source says.

So about what some of us were guessing.....10mil a year. Hopefully the cap hit is small enough this year to get Sherm done too. I expect it is.

Adding in the year he had left its 5years, 45 mil, that's only nine a year, bargain :)

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2 mins
Per @RapSheet, the deal for Earl Thomas is worth $40 million over 4 years in new money. That puts him at close to $45 million over 5 years.

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 4 mins
No question @Earl_Thomas deserves to be highest paid safety. He may just be the best defensive player in the game, period.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Wait so does the extension mean we have him next year + 4 more years. Or is it just for 4 years starting now?

GCrow

Reaction score
Scrolling through the twitterz on the phone and very unexpectedly came across this.

Reaction:
D91

HawksSoc

Reaction score
JZ#1":h2oagous said:
Wait so does the extension mean we have him next year + 4 more years. Or is it just for 4 years starting now?

Extension, so five years, also see Breer's tweet in my post above yours.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
JZ#1":126a97cu said:

He was already under contract for this nextear PLUS now 4 more years.

So we have him locked up for the next 5 seasons

So he's at about 45 mill for the next 5 years if these reported #'s are correct.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":22xs0ono said:
Was hoping to see 6 years!

4 is perfect. Counting this year we will have him until 2019.

I expect Sherm's to be similar structure with a larger per year average

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
JZ#1":2pxhbrdj said:

No I think it is 5 years of club control now since this is an "extension" to his previous contract which had 1 more year on it as opposed to a new contract.

Polaris

Reaction score
JZ#1":j8xj41cm said:

I believe it's 4 years starting now. Basically the 'hawks have torn up the last year of his rookie deal and replaced it with this new deal.

Edit PS: It does effectively mean five more years of club control when you factor in franchise tags and the like, but I am almost sure they way the 'hawks are going to fit this under the cap is to replace what would have been Earl's cap number (about five million) with the new one starting now. I could be wrong, but IIRC that's how these things are usually done (just like Coach Carroll's contract extension tears up the last year of his old contract)

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
yTG0R.gif

Classic, had to.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So could I guess as you have taught me a bit...

and the rest is bonuses or some such? I dont know so am going out on a limb.......for squirrels that is. :p

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":slqr6b4k said:
Hasselbeck":slqr6b4k said:
Byrd has the highest annual average, but that deal is heavily backloaded.

Eric Berry is set to make 8.6M in 2014, making him the highest paid safety this year.

So when Rapoport says "easily" .. I'm guessing Earl is getting close to 10M a year.

Jairus Byrd's annual average is $9.3 mil on his new deal. I'm guessing that Earl will be a hair over $10 mil annual average.

Yeah but that figure is very misleading when you look at the breakdown of the deal. Byrd wont see half that money.

Have a feeling Thomas' deal will be front loaded while we have the cap room.