Earl Thomas signed to extension 4yr/$40 Million

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Polaris":3a7muq6x said:
JZ#1":3a7muq6x said:
Wait so does the extension mean we have him next year + 4 more years. Or is it just for 4 years starting now?

I believe it's 4 years starting now. Basically the 'hawks have torn up the last year of his rookie deal and replaced it with this new deal.

Na, its 5 seasons.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5 mins
Per @RapSheet, the deal for Earl Thomas is worth $40 million over 4 years in new money. That puts him at close to $45 million over 5 years.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1 min
If you look at Thomas' new money, he gets $10M/yr to Byrd's $9M/yr. If you look at totals, Thomas just behind Byrd at $44.725M over 5 years.

GCrow

Reaction score
So basically were doin 5 years at 9 mill a year for arguably the most important Non-QB player in the game?

John Schneider, you done well.

danp1990

Reaction score
I went to NFL.com then scrolled down to where you can post comments and found nothing but idiotic posts! about how thanks to this Signing of Earl Thomas we're now screwed for the future since we havent signed Sherman,or Wilson....Wow how dumb are these people!? Prior to the signing of E.T we had 15Mill in the Cap Room. Earl thomas deal must look something like this 4yr 32Million and ''28 Guaranteed''. leaving enough for Sherman for his Long Term Deal.Like Michael Bennett Said in his Press Conference its all about the ''Guaranteed Money'' when it comes to a Contract. Russell Wilson will Have his Pay Day Next off-season with the Cap likely to go From 133Mill.-150+Mill.. Anyways ! :D happy we got this Done, GO HAWKS!!!

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
GCrow":1wlnoya8 said:
So basically were doin 5 years at 9 mill a year for arguably the most important Non-QB player in the game?

John Schneider, you done well.

Looking that way

Polaris

Reaction score
Remember that Earl was already counting as five million against the cap BEFORE this deal was inked. That means any cap hit will be the difference between the cap value of the new contract minus what his cap hit would have been this year. So I suspect that we didn't actually lose much cap space with this deal (at least this year)

danp1990

Reaction score
Haha !!! i just actually read the deal and was pretty Damn close! except the prorated 4 year deal part, but the Guaranteed was right ON!!!

GCrow

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m
Seahawks also zeroing in on a deal that would make Richard Sherman highest paid CB in the game. Hopeful it's done before the draft as well

Blessed.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Sherm deal when it comes down will be the one that'll really eat into the cap space the 'hawks have left this year since his rookie deal is peanuts (being the last year of a fifth round pick). Still I am confident now that I am seeing Earl's numbers, that we should be able to get it done.....especially since the salary cap picture has suddenly become much clearer.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH IF WE GET SHERM LOCKED UP TOO?!?!?! I MIGHT DIE FROM HAPPINESS AND JOY!

A far cry from my thoughts that I would die lonely and sad with 8 dogs by my side.

GCrow

Reaction score
I was fully expecting Earl to get 12-13 mill APY....... and I still woulda been stoked as he'd have been worth every penny of that!

Polaris

Reaction score
General Manager":1uqnqxzv said:
Great news Thomas is a Lion. Next up Sherman he won't see the open market he will be signed or traded. I'd be shocked if isn't extended before OTA's.

Now that Earl's deal is done and with the available money now a lot clearer, I strongly suspect we'll see Sherm's deal done by draft day.

Sac

Reaction score
Largent80":tcbgttaf said:
Ima gonna roll a fattie, no Throwdown, not yours..... :lol: I jest, I jest.

Nobody rolls THAT fatty but Throw. Cuz he has no standards.

w00t

Reaction score
Good stuff! He deserves it. Damn his birthday is coming up in may also lol.. what a b-day gift.