adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fjsny0e said:
Mad Dog":2fjsny0e said:
A lot of these posts sound like the posts from Chancellor's holdout:
"Trade him"
"Won't ever play another down for the Seahawks"
"FO is totally bungling this"

In the end it will likely go the same as the Chancellor holdout. ET will eventually show up when the losses mount too high. FO will hold their ground and waive fines as an olive branch. Team will either re-negotiate or franchise ET at end of season if they think he has a lot left in the tank.

In the meantime we can all see what the young guys can do. Maybe Hill and Thompson are really good safeties after all?
Excellent points! :2thumbs:

I'm down for this.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1oxwyf2z said:
This is not the same as the Kam holdout.

You're right. If he doesn't miss games (or better yet, returns for training camp), it will be much less bad.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
McDougald is basically the guy now. He's a Swiss Army knife. Jack of all trades, master of none, which is fine. Actually kind of reminds me of Malcolm Jenkins in a lot of ways. Some flaws, but nothing big enough that negates that he's good, not great at basically everything.

The other guy, whether FS or SS, is the subject at hand for the Hawks. Earl is not part of the future. Some other player is. You're going to have to deal with that. We knew we had Kam for 2 more years. It is not the same with Earl, nor the antics, soliciting, lie regarding holdout before the draft, and general state of affairs. It is not the same.

Crizilla

Reaction score
This is where I stand right nya.

The defense would suffer without Earl. Remember when 2 seasons ago Earl broke a bone in his leg, out for rest of season and opposing offenses attacked us with deeper routes and we got hurt. The enemy took advantage of our weakness. Look, I don't have all the answers but what I do know is there's a huge battle going on deep within the Seahawks organization right nya about what to do with Earl. If Earl will not report, they either give him a new deal which kind of hurts their rebuild process which is to get younger guys in there and get back to 2012 mode or they put him on the trading block and hopefully they will get some good offers. Earl is a big time game changer. You can't coach his instincts. There's been a lot of good players on this team. The reality is what's going on right nya should be one of the biggest stories in the mainstream sports media but it's not. There's been a big cover up basically like to put LA, NY, Dallas in the news to get them headlines and people focused on those teams. Teams profit off any kind of coverage. Earl Thomas is possibly a HOF'er. All I'm saying is there's a lot of stuff that goes on that the media doesn't report. This is just basic information though, it goes into like this false marketing thing where basically without any data to back it up you hype a team up like crazy like they did with the 2008 Eagles. They were called the "Dream Team" but then finished like 8-8 and didn't quality for the playoffs. All I'm saying is just hope for whatever is best for the team. I don't go deep into this stuff but if you really wanna know what my take is if the question is out of Kam, Sherm, and Earl, I'd say Earl made the biggest difference. Now if I was a sports writer who said that there would be someone in the mainstream media take that out of context and make it seem like I hate Kam and Sherm or that I have some secret deal with Earl but what's actually going on is I'm just using my brain as a thinking, living human bing and seeing results for myself and coming to the conclusion that without Earl on the field, we were without strength at the deep safety position when Earl was not there.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":22revroj said:
This is where I stand right nya.

The defense would suffer without Earl. Remember when 2 seasons ago Earl broke a bone in his leg, out for rest of season and opposing offenses attacked us with deeper routes and we got hurt. The enemy took advantage of our weakness. Look, I don't have all the answers but what I do know is there's a huge battle going on deep within the Seahawks organization right nya about what to do with Earl. If Earl will not report, they either give him a new deal which kind of hurts their rebuild process which is to get younger guys in there and get back to 2012 mode or they put him on the trading block and hopefully they will get some good offers. Earl is a big time game changer. You can't coach his instincts. There's been a lot of good players on this team. The reality is what's going on right nya should be one of the biggest stories in the mainstream sports media but it's not. There's been a big cover up basically like to put LA, NY, Dallas in the news to get them headlines and people focused on those teams. Teams profit off any kind of coverage. Earl Thomas is possibly a HOF'er. All I'm saying is there's a lot of stuff that goes on that the media doesn't report. This is just basic information though, it goes into like this false marketing thing where basically without any data to back it up you hype a team up like crazy like they did with the 2008 Eagles. They were called the "Dream Team" but then finished like 8-8 and didn't quality for the playoffs. All I'm saying is just hope for whatever is best for the team. I don't go deep into this stuff but if you really wanna know what my take is if the question is out of Kam, Sherm, and Earl, I'd say Earl made the biggest difference. Now if I was a sports writer who said that there would be someone in the mainstream media take that out of context and make it seem like I hate Kam and Sherm or that I have some secret deal with Earl but what's actually going on is I'm just using my brain as a thinking, living human bing and seeing results for myself and coming to the conclusion that without Earl on the field, we were without strength at the deep safety position when Earl was not there.

I would rank Sherman and Kam as more impactful and crucial to our defense . I'm not saying Earl isn't a great free safety but he did not enforce he middle like Kam or nullify an entire side of the field like Sherman in his prime.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sounds like there is now zero chance of an extension due to the holdout. So you can't trade him for scraps becausr it then shows that players can force their hand, but I also don't see the point in waisting valuable reps for the up and comers on a less than one year rental.

A 3rd might be enough, but he might just sit as a did not report. Crazy stuff. Dude really destroyed himself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1d7bm4b2 said:
Sounds like there is now zero chance of an extension due to the holdout. So you can't trade him for scraps becausr it then shows that players can force their hand, but I also don't see the point in waisting valuable reps for the up and comers on a less than one year rental.

A 3rd might be enough, but he might just sit as a did not report. Crazy stuff. Dude really destroyed himself.

I don't think there ever was a chance for an extension.

We already have the most money tied up in safety salary in the league, sure as hell not going to make that number extend out for another 3-5 years giving another big extension to a player who's not in the re-build plans.

Earl's a great player, and probably does have a couple good to great years left. But if we're in a 2-3 year rebuild, then giving him what he wants makes no sense..........because after the 2-3 years is when he's in decline and still a strain on the cap.

You give players like Earl an extension when you're in the SB window, not before or after.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Oh hey, they likely put him on DNR so we'll be able t sign a player to take his roster spot. We should see that maybe today or tomorrow, I would think.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm with the crowd that says "Sit on him until another team in need if a FS comes knocking with an acceptable offer".

Problem is... Eric Reed and Kenny Vacarro are both out there sitting on their couches waiting for their call... at a much less significant cost in draft capital to the acquiring team (none), much lower guaranteed money (none) and much lower annual salary than Earl would get if traded.

That said, I still vote to sit on him.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Well, seems like the Raiders are having a similar situation with Mack. Package Earl and some picks and get Mack over here, please.

DSM

Reaction score
Earl is worth a third round comp. pick plus what we get from his service this year to the Hawks. Are there the other teams unwilling to match or increase that ? If not do they believe his value to be less?

iigakusei

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you ee are not going to get a comp pick for him next year as we will be active in Free Agency.

toffee

Reaction score
Under title: As long as God is with me I will never fold .
[instagram]Blqt3E_j1PY[/instagram]
Got to wonder if God endorses not honoring contracts, but more intrigued by whom Earl is pimping to in Cleveland, Hue Jackson? John Dorsey? James Arthur Haslam III? Got to say I am loving Earl for providing such entertainment for this otherwise boring summer. Earl is my dawg!!!

Someone please start a Earl's pimprathon thread?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sweet! I guess Earl may be good with finishing his career there! Give uncle Paul a first and be done with it!! :2thumbs: