Earl went off at Brady

nash72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zteyyds said:
nash72":1zteyyds said:
So that lessons all of his achievements? Most divisions have at least 2 garbage teams in them.
Why WOULDN'T that have an effect on some of his achievements? If you bowl a 200 with the bumper bowling protector things up, is that as good as bowling a 200 without them?

Well then take every HOF QB there is a diminish what they have done because I'm sure they all played in divisions that had 1 or 2 garbage teams. Your argument is weak.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
nash72":wjbqguuf said:
Love Earl but shut up.

So you're saying Earl should shut up, and defer to who?...you
Earl is a proven warrior that has earned his voice...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2tys1zda said:
nash72":2tys1zda said:
Love Earl but shut up.

Earl is an aging warrior even at his relatively few years, and part of a weakened and no longer feared LOB that is no more.

His Twitter rant against Tom Brady simply emphasizes how the Hawks now whine more than play, complain more than win.

Trying to call out Tom Brady for being overrated?

Earl needs to zip it right before he hurts himself...

Mary5

semiahmoo

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3bvvapjk said:
semiahmoo":3bvvapjk said:
....Houston was a solid team and they got smashed same as Atlanta did to our Hawks.
Lol. Careful, your slip is showing. The needless "our Hawks" thing is kind of a tell....

No, it's not.

Our Hawks need some help.

Earl's rant ain't helping. It isn't "fire", it's just dumb.

And Tom Brady is a great QB - one I would have loved to defeat in a rematch this coming SB.

This Hawks team wasn't gonna do that, though. Could see it way back during Training Camp. They ain't right.

cymatica

Reaction score
If the Patriots were just a result of a bad division, they wouldn't look so good against the rest of the nfl. They also blow teams away that Seattle has a hard time with.

bighawk

Reaction score
I love it keep talking this is what the defense needs some saltiness the defense lost its flair and drive. Thank you Earl this team needs this especially our o line.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
cymatica":15ad0gko said:
If the Patriots were just a result of a bad division, they wouldn't look so good against the rest of the nfl. They also blow teams away that Seattle has a hard time with.

Agreed. Trying to argue NE has it easy was one of the dumbest things anyone, particularly a clear-headed NFL player, could say. Tom Brady is among the greats of all time. Period.

If Russel Wilson doesn't take his game/leadership to the next level, he will be just another highly paid "good" NFL QB who fans will likely look back on as someone who was there for a SB, but never lived up to the hoped for potential.

I want Russ to succeed, but his "let's go guys" routine isn't the way.

As for Earl's anti-Brady rant - made him look stupid. Shut up, get healthy, and see if you can play ball again at a level that is worthy of keeping you in the league. Win another SB, and then you can go ahead and talk smack.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So winning 2 SB is your threshold for a free man living in America to speak his mind, how is it you have the privilege?

As far as Russ's leadership I think his record and documented achievements speak for themselves.

Threedee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rfgsup3 said:
nash72":2rfgsup3 said:
So that lessons all of his achievements? Most divisions have at least 2 garbage teams in them.
Why WOULDN'T that have an effect on some of his achievements? If you bowl a 200 with the bumper bowling protector things up, is that as good as bowling a 200 without them?

That's actually a bad analogy, because, if you're bowling a 200, you aren't making any use of the bumpers. Point taken, however.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Earl was clearly drunk when he sent those tweets and probably is regretting it this morning. His team just got dominated in the playoffs and Brady and co are on their way to what their 6th straight AFCCG? Even though everything he wrote is 100% completely true, it just comes across as a jealous, sore loser.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the winner of the Pittsburgh/Kansas City game will beat the Patriots.

chris98251

Reaction score
It may look dumb but he has a point, secondly with players getting pissed and their aggression turning back on I can only hope it translates back on the field. The one thing I noticed is a lot of showing up for the job but not enjoying it like in previous seasons.

Rat

Reaction score
I have no issue with trash talking, but this is a pretty weak effort by Earl. Like others have mentioned, this has "drunk posting" written all over it. I'd be a hypocrite to tell him not to do it, but I think he's capable of better.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2niyrat3 said:
cymatica":2niyrat3 said:

Agreed. Trying to argue NE has it easy was one of the dumbest things anyone, particularly a clear-headed NFL player, could say. Tom Brady is among the greats of all time. Period.

If Russel Wilson doesn't take his game/leadership to the next level, he will be just another highly paid "good" NFL QB who fans will likely look back on as someone who was there for a SB, but never lived up to the hoped for potential.

I want Russ to succeed, but his "let's go guys" routine isn't the way.

As for Earl's anti-Brady rant - made him look stupid. Shut up, get healthy, and see if you can play ball again at a level that is worthy of keeping you in the league. Win another SB, and then you can go ahead and talk smack.

His "Let's go guys" routine has made him one of the most successful QBs in the history of the NFL for his first five seasons. So I don't buy it

And I also call horse crap on Brady, who did not "carry" the Patriots to their 1st 3 Super Bowls(threw for 200 yards or less in multiple victories), didn't win another in 10 years(against us with an injured Sherman and Earl), and won because of Malcolm Butler's heroics.

And yes, like Andrew Luck, he is lucky to be in an easy division. A harder division would mean another loss or two to their schedule, which would affect seeding and the whole trajectory of his career. He has NEVER had a competitive division, ever. The few years he did against the Jets, he lost to Mark Sanchez in the divisional round. A harder division wears down your team, so how the Patriots play against other teams is hardly relevant since most of the Patriots success is because of home field advantage in the playoffs

Brady is still one of the Greats. But his career is overrated, if there is such a thing as overrating a great. And Earl can talk because he has had to face much stiffer competition as a defender

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Steve2222":2qkb3n5j said:
Earl was clearly drunk when he sent those tweets and probably is regretting it this morning. His team just got dominated in the playoffs and Brady and co are on their way to what their 6th straight AFCCG? Even though everything he wrote is 100% completely true, it just comes across as a jealous, sore loser.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the winner of the Pittsburgh/Kansas City game will beat the Patriots.

That Pitt/KC game is quite a match-up.

So too the Dallas/GB on now.

Will say this - watching both Dallas and GB do the tunnel walk out onto the field, major swagger/attitude on both sides that the Hawks didn't have. They tried to pretend it, but it wasn't too convincing.

Our team needs its swagger back.

What Earl did indicated the opposite of swagger/attitude.

He just sounded weak and drunk.

nash72

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":452dv5o2 said:
nash72":452dv5o2 said:
Love Earl but shut up.

Earl is an NFL player that spouted out at the mouth and made himself look like an idiot. Why defend something that even he's back peddling on now?