Eating My Crow: Great Game Seahawks

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":jm5z3zjk said:
Very classy post.

Thanks man, and respect for being a passionate American football fan from England. My dad is Italian and he loved soccer but once he got in tune with American football...well it was like the difference between Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard.

Night and day IMO.

The Todd

Reaction score
Riggo, we were out coached starting the game, you plain out beat us. Your offensive line played great and Morris is a great runner. RG3, who deserves rookie of the year, was injured and it showed. I think you have a great future with RG3 having an off season to heal, I get why your coaches played him but I hope he can recover by next year. That being said, I think Hall is a punk and Williams is jerk, hitting a player in the face after the game, come on. The trade you made for RG3 was worth it, even though it means that the Rams are going to have a lot of picks to harass us in the next years.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Not sure we would have won tonight with a healthy RG3 out there. I've seen some of the Skins games this year where your offense just keeps plowing up the field and denies the other team their chance to come back. Hoping we won't have to play the Skins in D.C. again next year. You guys will have a murderous team next year if you can draft some weapons on defense.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
The Todd":216xff29 said:
Riggo, we were out coached starting the game, you plain out beat us. Your offensive line played great and Morris is a great runner. RG3, who deserves rookie of the year, was injured and it showed. I think you have a great future with RG3 having an off season to heal, I get why your coaches played him but I hope he can recover by next year. That being said, I think Hall is a punk and Williams is jerk, hitting a player in the face after the game, come on. The trade you made for RG3 was worth it, even though it means that the Rams are going to have a lot of picks to harass us in the next years.

Well, to be honest I bought into it too. RGIII was saying nothing but that his knee was 100 percent and it was only the brace giving him limitation.

Give your team some credit. If you had been Dallas, NYG, Ravens....any other team during our 7 game win streak would have folded before we did.

I'll be pissed if you don't win the Super Bowl now. If we are gonna lose I want it to be to the BEST

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Great post Riggo. Feel for the RG3 situation. The guy is incredible.

No matter what happened, both teams proved they are for real and on the way up. I was prepared to lose knowing that anyways. Going from 3-6 and running the table was hard no matter the competition. A lot to look forward to.

seahawks08

Reaction score
RG3 shouldn't have played period! He was hurt from the get go and the field was horrible. I blame Shanahan to put him through this, this is not fair to him, it is not fair to a team like Redskins. I am a Seahawks fan, but I know RG3 is a great play, don't put him in a position to get hurt. I am upset that Mike put him through, this is a miss on the coach!

Fight 4 Old DC

Reaction score
You guys earned it. I would have liked to have had a healthy QB but it might not have mattered. There was absolutely nothing open downfield.....RG tried to look deep, even for a mid range shot across the middle but there was nothing there....great D. Maybe we should have stuck with Morris longer but that was getting shut down too.
Your offense def. looked like a mirror image of ours when it was clicking.....a little dose of our own medicine!
Wilson just might get ROY unless RG gets some sympathy votes.
Congrats, The Falcons are prime for the taking!

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
The Todd":1m1yul6b said:

Where was the killer instinct once up 14-0 then?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Thank you for your post and the class that you exude. You have a great team and a quarterback who is going to take the team you love very far.The future is bright in D.C. . I was very worried before this game and even posted as such. I've never hated your team and would have rooted for you to go all the way if you'd have beaten us today. I hate the niners

Largent80

Reaction score
yeah, when we were down 14-0 in the 1st quarter, it was grim, but i have watched our team claw back all year long. Today a huge 30 year monkey was lifted off our backs and the future is bright for both of our teams regardless of todays outcome.

Griffin is going to be fine, and although I am a fan with a chip on my shoulder, I am saying riggo is a class dude.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Fight 4 Old DC":3sbnolyw said:
Wilson just might get ROY unless RG gets some sympathy votes.
Voting for the OROY closed last Thursday... so no sympathy votes for RGIII because tonite's game doesn't affect who wins.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Largent80":290fdw5s said:
yeah, when we were down 14-0 in the 1st quarter, it was grim, but i have watched our team claw back all year long. Today a huge 30 year monkey was lifted off our backs and the future is bright for both of our teams regardless of todays outcome.

Griffin is going to be fine, and although I am a fan with a chip on my shoulder, I am saying riggo is a class dude.

Thanks. I really don't want Harbaugh and Krapernick to represent the NFC

HawksFan83

Reaction score
What I love about this board, and our TRUE fans, is that yes its fun to talk about this win, but I feel like were all coming together about RG3. its fun to talk shit to fans, but we all care about all the players the same, with the exception of a few "dirty" players ...Dockett...Ward...and a few others.
We all feel alot of sympathy for RG3, something I dont think any Dallas fans or anyone in that division with the Redskins would give the same respect and concern for an opposing teams QB.

People can say all the shit they want about how stupid our fans our, but this is the kind of coming together that makes people think, "maybe i was wrong about these guys."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Riggo, you're a class act, and I hope you stay around here and post long-term. We need more resident non-Seahawks fans to keep things interesting. I hope RG3 doesn't have an ACL/MCL tear; but man, Shanahan is an idiot for keeping him in so long. (Though to be fair, RG3 deserves some of the blame; he obviously knew how much his knee was bothering him, and from Shanahan's quote, it sounds like he smooth-talked his way into staying in. Lied, probably?) Me and all my friends mentioned multiple times that it seems like you should have put Kirk "Imma put up 38 points in a game as a backup rookie" Cousins in. Like, at halftime.

Also, Dan Snyder is such a cheap POS...he better put field turf in FedEx Field for next season. That field injured our kicker and your QB.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3begcgvk said:
Riggo, you're a class act, and I hope you stay around here and post long-term. We need more resident non-Seahawks fans to keep things interesting. I hope RG3 doesn't have an ACL/MCL tear; but man, Shanahan is an idiot for keeping him in so long. (Though to be fair, RG3 deserves some of the blame; he obviously knew how much his knee was bothering him, and from Shanahan's quote, it sounds like he smooth-talked his way into staying in. Lied, probably?) Me and all my friends mentioned multiple times that it seems like you should have put Kirk "Imma put up 38 points in a game as a backup rookie" Cousins in. Like, at halftime.

Also, Dan Snyder is such a cheap POS...he better put field turf in FedEx Field for next season. That field injured our kicker and your QB.

Yeah...I was really dubious over quotes by BOTH Shanahan and RGIII like "he's close to 100 percent, the brace is just a precaution" etc.

Our POWER run game disappeared as soon as you all realized RGIII couldn't plant and throw.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Classy post from the only classy Redskin fan we had all weekend. Thank you, sir. It was fun having ya, and I hope you stick around for the offseason.

And yes, watching RGIII blow out his knee was disgusting. I don't understand why they let him stay in. Cousins really came in and started lighting it up. He might have actually scored in the second half.

That injury looked like RGIII blew out both the ACL and the MCL. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. Makes me wonder - why did nobody get this kid into a doctor before the game? He was obviously not healthy enough to play. There is a high likelihood that RG3's injury was very serious, which means he went into the game with significant damage. Why didn't the Redskins look at him, realize they gave up 4 picks and the farm for the kid, and then make the smart business decision to pull him and let him heal? It's now doubtful that RG3 will ever have the same mobility

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Do you guys consider this also a slap against FedEx... They have thier name on that stadium, but a field like that can not be a good representation of how you would like to see the field you paid money for to have you name up there. I be we could debate the field conditions more than the game it self.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":xs33k97b said:
This is becoming a weekly thing... like Aros' fearless prediction.

I have a feeling we'll have a few falcons fans eating crow about this time next week :)
Yeh, I hear that Raven taste a whole lot like Crow :16:

Riley12

Reaction score
No need to ever "eat crow" Riggo. You have always shown yourself to be a solid person and an example of
how folks should behave towards one another. I have a ways to go in that regard, but I'm trying.

I personally hope that RW v. RGIII becomes the Brady v. Manning of this generation. Luck can play the part of Philip Rivers.