Ed dickson upset at being on NFI list

nwHawk

Reaction score
Good, come back hungry. Much rather have him at 100% with no excuses. Smart move.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with his being upset so long as he uses it to motivate himself rather than harboring some sort of sense of entitlement.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hope the team gets some cap relief from this situation, don’t know how he injured his quadriceps but he has’t been practicing so showing up and expecting to play seems a bit rich.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Smart move for sure, come back with some fire and block some fools for the team.
That being said, he hasn't so much as practiced, let alone played a snap with his team. Might be time to stay in your lane a little Ed.

Seymour

Reaction score
"I'm pissed I didn't win the lottery last week".

Guess I'll have to start actually spending money and playing. :roll:

Jville

Reaction score
It is too early in the year to be working back from multiple muscle issues while banging around on Sunday. Because Ed was not ready for opening day, keeping Ed on Non-Football Injury List was the responsible thing to do. As lingering issues lingered, one could anticipated that he would start the season on NFI. It was easy to miss anticipating the Darrell Daniels trade. I had assumed Tyrone Swoopes would get a look at the regular season from the field. As it is, the Seahawks have 3 pretty good tightends to go into the season with and a forth getting the time to get healthy and into unhampered playing condition.

I like what they have done at tight end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And on Sunday, they need to keep TWO tight ends on the line to help with Miller and Chubb. It doesn't get much tougher than those two D Ends.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has done nothing since he has been here, this isn't Carolina, you have to earn your stripes, can't earn them if your in street clothes, Pete is right it would be a disservice to him and the team to open the doors to play first week with him not being in football shape.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He should be upset at himself for not being ready for camp and showing Pete he can still contribute and produce.

Dude's been AWOL the entire camp and pre-season, what did he expect Pete to do. He's lucky he didn't get cut.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm sure that his injury probably was legit but the timing of his return and reaction to being NFId made me wonder whether he'd heard the talk about Carroll being a 'players coach' and thought he could try pulling the old veteran training camp 'injury'.

That's probably unfair, for all I know he's been busting tail to get back for the opener but to declare yourself good to go the day after the final pre-season game seems like uncanny timing.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Hmmm....
-Dion Jordan hasn't done anything since 2017, but he's on the 53...
-Sweezy has practiced one time during TC...
-Brandon Marshall has redefined the word, "limited"...
-Shoot, McKissic was on the 53 even tho everyone knew he would out for 6-8 weeks...

There has to be more to the story then an injury. But that's just my opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1p6v08u3 said:
Hmmm....
-Dion Jordan hasn't done anything since 2017, but he's on the 53...
-Sweezy has practiced one time during TC...
-Brandon Marshall has redefined the word, "limited"...
-Shoot, McKissic was on the 53 even tho everyone knew he would out for 6-8 weeks...

There has to be more to the story then an injury. But that's just my opinion.

The story is DE and O-line are far more important positions of need right now on this roster, and we have two healthy TE's, and we just picked up a 3rd in Daniels until Dickson's ready to play.

It's a calculated gamble, but we can't wait until week 8 for Jordan and Sweezy to be ready to go. We need them now. Dickson? Not so much.

Jville

Reaction score
My goodness. To think this was all triggered by a less than 25 word tweet of resignation.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EdDickson84/status/1036797103958179841[/tweet]

Chapow

Reaction score
Jville":z7dd7mlh said:
My goodness. To think this was all triggered by a less than 25 word tweet of resignation.

No kidding. That seems completely reasonable.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3swj3oa8 said:

All what? It's just a discussion about reasonable expectation.

Earl stirred up 100x more crap with 3 words......"Come get me".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":22xagwgq said:

Reasonable reaction from Dickson, but also reasonable reaction from fans who are irritated that a dude who hasn't played a down or barely practiced all preseason seems confused or mad about being put on NFI.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":16faaity said:
Jville":16faaity said:

All what? It's just a discussion about reasonable expectation.

Earl stirred up 100x more crap with 3 words......"Come get me".

Indeed, a far bigger tale grew out of Earls 3 words than what Jack was able to grow with 3 beans.