Ed dickson upset at being on NFI list

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ed Dickson should be grateful that he wasn't released. He hasn't done squat since the Seahawks signed him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27uokch7 said:
And on Sunday, they need to keep TWO tight ends on the line to help with Miller and Chubb. It doesn't get much tougher than those two D Ends.

I believe Duane can hold his own on the left side. Ifedi though....

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mcjj77v8 said:
truehawksfan":mcjj77v8 said:
Hmmm....
-Dion Jordan hasn't done anything since 2017, but he's on the 53...
-Sweezy has practiced one time during TC...
-Brandon Marshall has redefined the word, "limited"...
-Shoot, McKissic was on the 53 even tho everyone knew he would out for 6-8 weeks...

There has to be more to the story then an injury. But that's just my opinion.

The story is DE and O-line are far more important positions of need right now on this roster, and we have two healthy TE's, and we just picked up a 3rd in Daniels until Dickson's ready to play.

It's a calculated gamble, but we can't wait until week 8 for Jordan and Sweezy to be ready to go. We need them now. Dickson? Not so much.

He has played and then was back on IR again, didn't complain.

He has contributed before and was getting right and working out.

They know what they got when they picked him up, he rehabbed and practiced to the extent they would let him so he could be right come week one.

-Shoot, McKissic was on the 53 even tho everyone knew he would out for 6-8 weeks...

This was a calculated move, cutting him would have lost him based on what we have seen, someone would have picked him up.

None of the above guys got a contract like Dickson also with maybe the exception of Marshall, in fact Marshall was pushing to do more and they were restricting him so he could build up for the regular season and not have a setback, no complaints from him and he is known as a vocal player.

themunn

Reaction score
I prefer it when my players are happy to be on the injury list.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Chapow":mxcnpvng said:
Jville":mxcnpvng said:
My goodness. To think this was all triggered by a less than 25 word tweet of resignation.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EdDickson84/status/1036797103958179841[/tweet]

No kidding. That seems completely reasonable.
Dickson trusting "gods plan". Seems they must be over it if he is referring to Pete as god. :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Delta, Brown is one of the best in the league at LT. But, turnstyle Ifedi will need some TE help over there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1j3qjysr said:
Sgt. Largent":1j3qjysr said:
truehawksfan":1j3qjysr said:
Hmmm....

There has to be more to the story then an injury. But that's just my opinion.

The story is DE and O-line are far more important positions of need right now on this roster, and we have two healthy TE's, and we just picked up a 3rd in Daniels until Dickson's ready to play.

It's a calculated gamble, but we can't wait until week 8 for Jordan and Sweezy to be ready to go. We need them now. Dickson? Not so much.

He has played and then was back on IR again, didn't complain.

He has contributed before and was getting right and working out.

They know what they got when they picked him up, he rehabbed and practiced to the extent they would let him so he could be right come week one.

You just proved my points. Positions of need vs. young healthy players ready to contribute at TE = Dickson's the one on the NFI.

You can't put Jordan or Sweezy on the NFI, even if they deserve to be. We're super thin at DE with Clark coming back from surgery, and Fluker has a high ankle sprain, so he's out for at least a couple weeks, maybe longer.