Ed Donatell hired by Sea, but NOT as DC

Hawknight

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2jxo987e said:
Maelstrom787":2jxo987e said:
hawkfan68":2jxo987e said:
Interesting developments indeed. This article mentions Donatell in a senior role so possibly a consultant perhaps or maybe personnel director. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-coordinator/ar-AATtUBY?ocid=hponeservicefeed

About Desai, I saw an article on MSN yesterday saying he was the new Raiders DC. So that is interesting if he decides to take a lesser role with the Seahawks.

Raiders only interviewed him. I think they want Patrick Graham now that Graham struck out on a head coach job.

Ahh..ok. This piece of news was a bit premature then - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-coordinator-sean-desai/ar-AATrNLu?li=BBnbfcL

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-hiring ... oordinator

toffee

Reaction score
James in PA":3m42563t said:
So they are bringing in Donatell (official title still unclear), promoting The Big Hurtt to DC and adding Desai as defensive passing game coordinator. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under this theory, Donatell and Desai both agree to take a step back to join Hawk's coaching staffs. They are both DC, now willingly take a demotion. Just for Ole Pete? These two coaches need to hang out on dot net more, here they will learn that Pete has lost his fast ball, totally senile, a monster micro manager, and useless game time decision maker.

Why would Donatell and Desai sacrifice their career to join Ole Pete as his sidekick since Pete calls his own defense plays?

So confused.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
toffee":3c250sdw said:
Why would Donatell and Desai sacrifice their career to join Ole Pete as his sidekick since Pete calls his own defense plays?

So confused.

Jody has some deep pockets

kf3339

Reaction score
Adding those two could work, or be a complete bust. That's a lot of opinions that will somehow need to mesh together with PC. It seems overkill to me, but we will see.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":2szs29xe said:
James in PA":2szs29xe said:
So they are bringing in Donatell (official title still unclear), promoting The Big Hurtt to DC and adding Desai as defensive passing game coordinator. Interesting.

Under this theory, Donatell and Desai both agree to take a step back to join Hawk's coaching staffs. They are both DC, now willingly take a demotion. Just for Ole Pete? These two coaches need to hang out on dot net more, here they will learn that Pete has lost his fast ball, totally senile, a monster micro manager, and useless game time decision maker.

So confused.

This is an endeavor to give Clint as much help as possible for success in his new role. Pete's program is centered around growth and development of people ....... players, coaches, scouts and others in the organization. That's why he has the full support of Jody. And that's why he is so well respected thru out the NFL.

IMO, those that litter this forum with the same old toxic narratives will continue to do so because they're more interested in status and bragging rights than in any program dedicated to helping people become the best they can be.

Personal growth is change. Another success story each week. I love this program's purpose.

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":2n4jugmg said:
toffee":2n4jugmg said:
James in PA":2n4jugmg said:

So confused.

This is an endeavor to give Clint as much help as possible for success in his new role. Pete's program is centered around growth and development of people ....... players, coaches, scouts and others in the organization. That's why he has the full support of Jody. And that's why he is so well respected thru out the NFL.

IMO, those that litter this forum with the same old toxic narratives will continue to do so because they're more interested in status and bragging rights than in any program dedicated to helping people become the best they can be.

Personal growth is change. Another success story each week. I love this program's purpose.
Hoping Desai will join us now that he got passed over by Raider as their DC. I am getting quite optimistic for 2022. If our run defense remains and pass defense improve some. We could be top 10 defense.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":or4aefie said:
toffee":or4aefie said:

So confused.

So you are saying these coaches sacrifice their future coaching career for a few quick bucks? They ought to know as everyone on dot net knows coaches ain't nothing but yes men under Pete. Everyone on dot net knows defense under old Pete sucks so those defense coaches working under Pete will become unhirable in the future.

Donatell and Desai need to hang out on dot net more and learn from knowledge people like you.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":35vrpfxs said:
pittpnthrs":35vrpfxs said:
toffee":35vrpfxs said:

So confused.

So you are saying these coaches sacrifice their future coaching career for a few quick bucks? They ought to know as everyone on dot net knows coaches ain't nothing but yes men under Pete. Everyone on dot net knows defense under old Pete sucks so those defense coaches working under Pete will become unhirable in the future.

Donatell and Desai need to hang out on dot net more and learn from knowledge people like you.

As I've said, once you dive under the surface level of the "yes men" narrative, it starts to make less and less sense to the point of being absolute absurdity.

Yep, coaches are now willingly commiting career suicide just for funsies, apparently. Even from outside of the organization. Damn that evil Pete Carroll and his mind control voodoo!

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2opuo0zl said:
toffee":2opuo0zl said:
pittpnthrs":2opuo0zl said:
toffee":2opuo0zl said:

So confused.

As I've said, once you dive under the surface level of the "yes men" narrative, it starts to make less and less sense to the point of being absolute absurdity.

Yep, coaches are now willingly commiting career suicide just for funsies, apparently. Even from outside of the organization. Damn that evil Pete Carroll and his mind control voodoo!

Desai is interviewing for Giants' DC opening, but he could be available to us if he's not picked. I never had the privilege of knowing or conversing with Pete Carroll, but from news articles coach Bill Walsh was quite high on Pete back in the day, Seifert too, from his own mouth. All before he became that career destroying village idiot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
toffee":p9kr3loy said:
pittpnthrs":p9kr3loy said:
toffee":p9kr3loy said:

So confused.

First = Why would it be sacrificing their coaching career? Carroll is a fossil that only has a couple of years left. If they can last long enough until the end, they might have a chance at the head coaching position. These arent offensive coordinators under Carroll so there is a slight chance.

Second = Defense under old Pete does suck anymore. Expecting any kind of turn around at this point is wishful thinking. Although there is a very good chance those coaches reputation will take a hit after their Seattle tenure, they will still more than likely find work. Even Chris Richard did it, so I imagine these other guys could too.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Donatell.. is now favored for the Vikings for DC…

Wtf is going on lol Sooo have Seattle hired anyone yet??? Or just Promoted 1 person im lost.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Never take these headlines at face value. Consider an alternative narrative for instance. A reporter jumps the gun in order to be first in declaring Donatell is hired by Seattle when in reality he is merely considering multiple opportunities between Seattle and Minnesota. When Donatell accepts the position that better suits maybe what he wants, said reporter, instead of retracting his incorrect assumption, says no Donatell was going to accept but he "spurns Seattle" and went to Minnesota. He never has to admit he was wrong. The whole "first" mentality is disgusting and yes, it started on message boards.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Holy crap! Did we hire every available coach? Sidelines crammed with clip boards, the more the merrier. All these guys are awesome!

Oh never mind their all bums except the rejected ones we actually ended up with. They are great.

Frickin hilarious, fake news isn't just part of the main stream media.

flv

Reaction score
Assuming O'Connell is actually the Vikings choice for the HC job why would the Vikings sign a new DC before he officially accepted the job? Obviously O'Connell is busy with Super Bowl preparations. How much thought has he put into who would be a good choice for his new DC? This is not to say Donatell wouldn't be a good choice but it seems like a speculative reach at this point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It appears from reports that Donatell has signed with the Vikings as their DC.

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":34avmjm9 said:
It appears from reports that Donatell has signed with the Vikings as their DC.

He better, or he and Fangio will be two jobless old farts.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ageism is another silly form of discrimination. All well experienced coaches certainly are not washed up.

Fangio is a very good coach and so is Donatell. That said, I’m encouraged by Pete’s desire for fresh eyes to approach the clear defensive shortcomings of the team. For the past 2-3 Seasons the team has become vulnerable to the dink dunk and has deployed oddball coverages of #1 WRs with DLinemen who clearly were mismatched.

It was well past time for big changes to happen. I believe that is what clearly appears to be happening. I see a strong move to real differences in approaches to refresh a moribund D. The cynics here will likely disagree but then again they rarely see any positives.