Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That DOES suck but begs the question, "Why not?"

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":2pixjyzc said:
That DOES suck but begs the question, "Why not?"
Yeah, their "production issues with the throwback unis" line sound a bit like "the dog ate my homework."

Excuses, excuses.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's sad that it's such a pain in the ass to get a simple approval from the league to use a uniform combo that's been in existence since the 70's.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the non two helmet rule was the reason we haven't seen them. This coming season that rule has changed so they could easily do the old silver helmets with the old non threatening Seahawk. I'd seriously like to know why. Is there a deadline for stating whether or not they will wear them? If so, has that deadline passed?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish someone from our powderpuff local media would bother asking why they can't have the retros ready for this season with the NFL having relaxed their silly one helmet rule. There was always this rumor floating around that Paul Allen didn't like the old uniforms. If true, I wonder if Jody shares or respects that sentiment. I just don't see what the delay is for unless the organization themselves are lukewarm to them. It's a terrific bit of nostalgia for us older 12's and the alumni would love seeing them in action again. I'm so over the glowsticks unis as our alternates.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that the league requires quite a bit of advanced notice from teams that want to switch up the helmet/alternate uniforms.

Mainly due to the licensing agreement and control the league has over things like branding and marketing/sales. They want plenty of notice to whore the most cash possible from all of this.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3abfh87m said:
I think I read somewhere that the league requires quite a bit of advanced notice from teams that want to switch up the helmet/alternate uniforms.

Mainly due to the licensing agreement and control the league has over things like branding and marketing/sales. They want plenty of notice to who** the most cash possible from all of this.

That's true but if I see a bunch of teams rocking new "retro" helmets and unis they couldn't before this year due to the one helmet rule this upcoming season then I'll suspect something is fishy here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I always hated our original logo and disliked our original uniforms. I'm pleased, lol. The eye on our original logo always felt dumb/semi-cross-eyed to me.

Seattle Seahawks Logo 1976 2001

Cross eyed young man 23649254

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1rygnldz said:
I always hated our original logo and disliked our original uniforms. I'm pleased, lol. The eye on our original logo always felt dumb/semi-cross-eyed to me.

You evil, evil human being.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2b6d67zq said:

Mainly due to the licensing agreement and control the league has over things like branding and marketing/sales. They want plenty of notice to whore the most cash possible from all of this.
Seems very likely.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ayxjxbv said:

Seattle Seahawks Logo 1976 2001

Cross eyed young man 23649254
Me too, never really cared for the “stoner hawk” logo. Nice comp too! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Greenhell

Reaction score
This is all BS. Production issues? Bah! The NFL has been producing a replica jersey with Largent, Easley and Kennedy for years. This really can't be any different. With the speed of technology these days, getting the throwback into production shouldn't be all this heavy lifting they've made it out to be. :roll:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
All of us are adults here. We should all know red tape when we see it.

Chuck told us why it ain't happening this year. They're on track for 2023. No reason to wring hands about how possible it is when, clearly, it's not in our or even the teams hands.

It's a difficult jersey to reproduce. It's hard to fit the sleevehawk onto a sleeve that hardly exists anymore. By the time the design is figured out and the colors are reproduced on modern fabric (which is difficult), the NFL needs to be able to mass produce the thing. With the actual supplier, not a Mitchell and Ness reproduction. With the supply chain in shambles.

There are tons of valid reasons for delay. Most just don't want to acknowledge them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2763qla6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2763qla6 said:

Mainly due to the licensing agreement and control the league has over things like branding and marketing/sales. They want plenty of notice to who** the most cash possible from all of this.

That's true but if I see a bunch of teams rocking new "retro" helmets and unis they couldn't before this year due to the one helmet rule this upcoming season then I'll suspect something is fishy here.

Maybe, we'd need to know when those teams applied for their throwbacks.

uncle fester

Reaction score
As someone had commented on the fieldgulls post, having a throwback ‘Brown 22’ that could be either rep the new kid or the Ring of Honor player would be pretty cool…