Elite QBs can move up the field in overtime

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I understand that is Bevell but Russ needs to shake off his calls because they suck.

If you are truly an elite QB, that means you produce when other parts of the team are not.

So far, one game in, he needs to work harder.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Dude. Really? Enlighten everyone. Elite running backs convert on short yardage plays every time. Elite corners never allow a pass. Elite teams never lose... Wow.

bandiger

Reaction score
Does he have the cache to call his own plays in his 4yr? No only guys that have been in the league for awhile have that power even then they still put thier best players to perform and produce. Which Bevell looks very bad at right now. He got away with Percy being a dumb fart but its not a trend from Rice to Tate to Harvin to Graham.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3bsqdljs said:
I understand that is Bevell but Russ needs to shake off his calls because they suck.

If you are truly an elite QB, that means you produce when other parts of the team are not.

U realize the QB with most 4th qtr/ot winning drives in the last 3 seasons and 1 game is Wilson right. So not great choice for the elite thing given he leads in that category

hawkporvida

Reaction score
Russ is a pre modonna .... Every time seattle get a so called playmaker they make it predicable for defenses

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Anthony!":rqrwfmb5 said:
TwistedHusky":rqrwfmb5 said:

U realize the QB with most 4th qtr/ot winning drives in the last 3 seasons and 1 game is Wilson right. So not great choice for the elite thing given he leads in that category
Don't care how much game winning drives Russell Wilson have. Thats in the past and today he didn't get it done period.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
HawaiiD":3sw7lvb3 said:
Anthony!":3sw7lvb3 said:
TwistedHusky":3sw7lvb3 said:

Don't care how much game winning drives Russell Wilson have. Thats in the past and today he didn't get it done period.

Yes I totally as agree there better some changes with there offensive scems or it is going to be a long season

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":1fh7e1iq said:
TwistedHusky":1fh7e1iq said:

How does this relate to elite? If RW would actually show up before the 3rd QT maybe he wouldn't need to be making all these comebacks in the first place.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":2inzrtay said:
Anthony!":2inzrtay said:
TwistedHusky":2inzrtay said:

How does this relate to elite? If RW would actually show up before the 3rd QT maybe he wouldn't need to be making all these comebacks in the first place.

Lol pathetic

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawaiiD":xp1kyy9u said:
Anthony!":xp1kyy9u said:
TwistedHusky":xp1kyy9u said:

Short sighted, delusional unrealistic. Even the top qbs ever to play fail sometimes. Given what u said u should be on Lynch after all he could not get 1 yard

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He got in the RZ a few times.

Was pretty terrible, but this team needs to decide what it wants to do with him.

If it really wants to ride with the QB and have him Joe Montana his way to victory, then they better get him a line that can snap the ball right and pass block. Right now they have a bunch of guys that look like they should be moving furniture but cannot be consistent protection for a passing team. And with all these guys coming for the QB, since we have a bunch of terrible OL, we lose the threat of the run.

Lynch looks average out there, because his blocking is horrific. So with no run game, the pressure falls on Russ - which is worse because Bevell is asking him to throw the ball 12 yds for 3 yd gains. All the risk of interception/turnover/sack but none of the benefit of potentially moving the chain, stretching the defense, or scoring.

They basically are asking Russ to Superman it, throw to the great Wrs but we will give you no help in OL, Run game or even playcalling.

This team needs to figure out that putting all the eggs in the QB basket is going to end up with egg on their face. The QB basket isn't enough to make this team win consistently, not with the pieces you are asking the QB to work with.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3exjvyc7 said:

You do realize this was his first over time loss right???

Russ wasn't perfect or even close but he had NO time to throw (thanks o-line) and has a severely incompetent OC,
That is in love with plays that don't work. I stopped counting after 8 bubble screens and at least 7 empty sets on 3rd down, all epic failures! Your job as an OC is to put your offense in the best position to SUCCEED with the weapons you have. Bevell has a toolbox full of weapons, but he insists on always using the broken wrench!

Ozzy

Reaction score
SeaChase":1buhn9gt said:
Anthony!":1buhn9gt said:
TwistedHusky":1buhn9gt said:

You're anti Wilson stuff borders on trolling. Getting old

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Anthony!":2yayksvb said:
HawaiiD":2yayksvb said:
Anthony!":2yayksvb said:
TwistedHusky":2yayksvb said:

Short sighted, delusional unrealistic. Even the top qbs ever to play fail sometimes. Given what u said u should be on Lynch after all he could not get 1 yard
Delusional? you my friend are the delusional one. read the topic of what is being discussed before making a stupid comment. I was replying to a post about RW has the most game winning drives . since when is lynch a elite qb?

And yes... I am upset that lynch didn't the first down. But this thread is not about that.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is exactly what I just got done saying.

If you want to ride the QB, you have to call plays that let your QB attack. And you have to have a serviceable OL, and we went below bargain basement on the OL. There is a reason teams don't sign a 60% brand new OL consisting of almost half ex-defensive players. Because it is dangerous to your QB and does not help.

And all that adding bargain bin OL did to our run game was to kill it. And clearly they were a disaster in pass protection.

Either call plays to let Russ attack downfield (like the Rams did for Foles) or focus on fixing the run game. But bear in mind that going to a passing attack means our defense is going to suffer too.

Right now, we have half of one approach and half of the other - with bad results for both.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2uuxqii6 said:
Anthony!":2uuxqii6 said:
HawaiiD":2uuxqii6 said:
Anthony!":2uuxqii6 said:

Delusional? you my friend are the delusional one. read the topic of what is being discussed before making a stupid comment. I was replying to a post about RW has the most game winning drives . since when is lynch a elite qb?

And yes... I am upset that lynch didn't the first down. But this thread is not about that.

Lol whatever you seem to think that to be elite means you never fail. That is the delusional part

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He posted these threads all day in the Gameday thread. Nothing to see here.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":oauqw43v said:

I get what you are saying and kind of agree. If Russell is going to take the next step then he has to realize that now that he has the contract he is the guy... not Bevell .... and not even Pete. They would both get fired before Russell would. So you are right. Its time to take ownership of the offense. Part of that is knowing when he needs to shake off a play and call what he knows is needed. You better believe the elite QB's do just that.

Some one else pointed out that in the past Lynch and Baldwin have gotten on Russ about doing just that. At least some of the friction with Percy was because Russell didn't "intervene " on the bubble screens and send him on the fly route instead. Percy may have trouble with designed route running but he showed today that he runs the fly just fine. We have an offensive philosophy problem and the resulting play calling often puts our guys at a disadvantage against a defense that can easily read what is coming. (on top of the one they already face being made up largely of un-drafted free agents)

Latest posts