Eskridge injured on opening kickoff?

renofox

Reaction score
I read this somewhere but couldn't find it again when looking for an update. Did anyone else see this or know if it's true?

Any injury update? This poor kid can't catch a break.

Time to move on?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well, he is nothing but consistent, consistently unavailable.

Renofox the info you want is on fieldgulls.com, he has now got a sprained knee.

Tick tock, tick tick, the time is soon to be running out on his time here.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm sure the Hawks were trying to get him some playing time to set up a possible trade for a 7th rounder. Now he's going to be cut. And likely ends up on the PS if he's eligible because no one will even take a flyer on the guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm sure the Hawks were trying to get him some playing time to set up a possible trade for a 7th rounder. Now he's going to be cut. And likely ends up on the PS if he's eligible because no one will even take a flyer on the guy.

Can they even cut him before his suspension is over?

I think they'll hang onto him this year, then cut him in the off season. His cap hit is relatively low this year for a 4th or 5th receiver, and you know Pete he doesn't like to give up on high picks until the end of their rookie deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, why wouldn't they be able to?

Suspended players don't count against the 53 man roster, so not sure why they'd waive him during his suspension.

Again, Eskridge's cap hit isn't really significant enough, unless you're just tired of his nonsense and inability to stay healthy. And like I said, Pete's pretty stubborn with high picks, he doesn't like to cut them until he has to. i.e. Prosise, C-Mike, etc.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Suspended players don't count against the 53 man roster, so not sure why they'd waive him during his suspension.

Again, Eskridge's cap hit isn't really significant enough, unless you're just tired of his nonsense and inability to stay healthy. And like I said, Pete's pretty stubborn with high picks, he doesn't like to cut them until he has to. i.e. Prosise, C-Mike, etc.

Ah, I gotcha. I thought you were saying that they *couldn't* cut him during the suspension.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Eskridge is just C.J. Prosise 2.0. Idk why the Hawks haven't cut bait yet. Free up the roster spot.
Except Prosise never got suspended, and actually played a pivotal role in the Seahawks victory over the Patriots in 2016. Eskridge has yet to have that kind of impact in a single game so far, and I'm highly skeptical that he ever will.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score

Add to this that his effective cap hit is actually -0- during the suspension as he gets no game checks.

Makes no sense to cut a player who has no cap hit and doesn't take a spot on the 53.

Latest posts